3 nights/3 different resorts

SSR is not close to any other resort, so I would go with GF. I have not stayed there but did one night at Poly. While the resort is lovely and I had no complaint with CM or room, there is no signage once you get back into the long houses. I have a terrible sense of direction and they all look alike so I went around in circles trying to find my way back to the room. I will never stay there again unless I am in the main building.

That would be a LOT for me.

My personal choice would be 3 nights at the Poly.

And, yes, you could certainly get to Epcot. From the Poly you can walk to the TTC and get the Epcot monorail.

Oh my, not relaxing at all.
Pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack ....
If you want to relax ... pick ONE!
Pick one that you want to spend your resort time at.

I once did 4 resorts in 9 days and it was awful.
Why unpack? Always wondered why anyone has to do that. For a few days in a hotel. Do you always unpack no matter how long a stay is? Even a single night, say on the drive down? Or is there a set number of nights a stay has to be before you unpack? Is it hard to just take out what you want to wear each day? That's what DH, DD, DGD and I all do. Remove 1 outfit, wear it, take it off, put it in laundry bag (which is stored in suitcase). Repeat.
Only thing unpacked, so to speak, is toiletry bag but it's just sat on bathroom counter. It's not emptied. So to repack all it involves is putting back in suitcase. And we are ready to go home or move resorts. No time spent having to get ready our last night, or last morning (or to move resorts so even 1 night at a time is no effort, was actually rather fun)
But then again, maybe others enjoy packing more than me. I do it as little as I can. One packing and then unpacking at home is enough for me.
Anyway, sincere question and things that I've always pondered when folks talking about unpacking.

We did it during NYE, just DH and I. Regular resort stays, not CL
Night 1, CR, to walk to MK for 30th
Night 2, BWI, to walk to Epcot for 31st
Night 3, through 5 actually, POFQ, to save money since the 30th and 31st were non-discounted rates at high value
I always plan to be in the parks from check out from resort 1 to resort 2 so who cares if we have no room from 11:00 to 3:00? Easy to plan full park days
OP is only planning one park day.

Of the three, I would pick Poly if you are planning on EP for a day. With a walking path to TTC, it gives you easiest access to the EP monorail.

Have you checked for availability at the Swan or Dolphin? That will get you walking distance to EP at, most likely, a lower cost than any of the EP resorts, Poly or GF.

Here is where I am booked SSR, GF, Poly. That's another problem I could not get into an EPCOT resort. So would you choose all nights at GF or Poly?

The Poly is our favorite overall, but the GF runs a close second. I don't think you can go wrong with either one as they are both great. Whichever one you choose, you can easily visit the other one. Good luck and have a great trip! :wizard:

If changing resorts each night is what you want to do, then do it. Pack up your luggage and its taken to your new resort for you. However, I think its a lot of moving. We always do split stays but we normally change after 3 nights. I enjoy trying all of the different resorts.

I wonder if it's possible to have a separate 1 night reservation within a longer reservation. For example, I have a reservation 9/2 to 9/7 at POP. I want to attend MNSSHP on 9/3 and EMM on 9/4. Is it possible to book a room at Contemporary for 1 night while keeping the POP reservation? That way I don't have to pack and unpack. Just bring a smaller bag for that one night stay.

We LOVE split stays. but I have a rule of a minimum of 3 nights per resort. If you only stay one night you don't have a chance to really experience the resort. So, I think that you have made a wise choice to stay in one resort.

Either the Poly or the GF will be a wonderful experience. The Poly is loved by most people and has a relaxing atmosphere with lush foliage along the walkways, tiki lights at night, a beautiful beach with views across to the Castle for fireworks viewing and much more. The walk to the TTc for direct monorail access to Epcot is convenient, as well as the easy boat or monorail access to the MK.

The GF is also quite lovely, with an amazing lobby, manicured grounds with pretty flower beds and a peaceful, serene atmosphere. Some people find it to be a little less busy than the Poly. It feels 'brighter' to me with the open walkways, flowers and white vs the Poly's brown buildings.

I would look at some pictures of the two resorts and see which one appeals the most to you. Whichever you choose, you will enjoy your stay there, I am sure. Both resorts are the best of the best that WDW has to offer.

Enjoy!

I wonder if it's possible to have a separate 1 night reservation within a longer reservation. For example, I have a reservation 9/2 to 9/7 at POP. I want to attend MNSSHP on 9/3 and EMM on 9/4. Is it possible to book a room at Contemporary for 1 night while keeping the POP reservation? That way I don't have to pack and unpack. Just bring a smaller bag for that one night stay.

I don't know. I doubt that many people plan to pay for two hotels for the same night due to cost issues. Sounds convenient however.

Are you going solo? If so, I would call and ask about this. I don't see why not, but I would want Disney to know what I was doing so that no one would possibly cancel one (maybe due to thinking you had accidentally left a booking that you weren't planning on using? or to reduce double bookings?). Perhaps they could put a note on the reservation to make sure that everything is OK.

If travelling with someone else, I would simply put one booking in my name and one in their name.

Good luck!

I have done it. I'm sure folks think it's a crazy choice but hey, it's my money and I did it. It's a complicated back story that involves a trip that grew in length and the gift card promo at CBR.
But DGD and I were originally coming down and staying 1 night at AKL CL then moving to CBR for 10 nights, where DH was joining us for the last 9 nights.
DGD and I ended up coming down 1 day earlier than we first thought and were able to get that night at CBR and I could add it on to our 10 night stay so I just switch it to 12 nights (this was last year when we got the gift card for construction so adding on to that stay was needed to get the gift card). I left our 1 night at AKL, since we had plans for resort activities that day. We left all our stuff at CBR, took a day bag to AKL and came back to CBR after the 1 night. DH joined us the next day. No one seemed to care and we had no problems with bands or anything. I did make sure to order bands associated with the AKL resort stay, and bring those, so I knew they were the ones registered to that stay and I think that probably helped them work. I didn't use them for any other part of the trip.

I don't know. I doubt that many people plan to pay for two hotels for the same night due to cost issues. Sounds convenient however.

Are you going solo? If so, I would call and ask about this. I don't see why not, but I would want Disney to know what I was doing so that no one would possibly cancel one (maybe due to thinking you had accidentally left a booking that you weren't planning on using? or to reduce double bookings?). Perhaps they could put a note on the reservation to make sure that everything is OK.

If travelling with someone else, I would simply put one booking in my name and one in their name.

Good luck!
I never told Disney what I was doing. Didn't even occur to me. Both stays were in my name. I'm the only member of my family with an MDE account.

It's possible but you have to "fool" MDE because your MB will not be able to unlock two different hotel rooms at the same time. And as long as you're paying for the room, Disney really doesn't care.

To do this, you would need to create an alternate identity in MDE. For example, if your name is Mary Elizabeth Smith, you would have one persona named Mary Smith and another named Mary Beth Smith. Mary Smith would be staying at POP and Mary Beth Smith would be on the CR reservation. Each persona would have a different MB and each MB would only work to open the door at its respective resort.

It's possible but you have to "fool" MDE because your MB will not be able to unlock two different hotel rooms at the same time. And as long as you're paying for the room, Disney really doesn't care.

To do this, you would need to create an alternate identity in MDE. For example, if your name is Mary Elizabeth Smith, you would have one persona named Mary Smith and another named Mary Beth Smith. Mary Smith would be staying at POP and Mary Beth Smith would be on the CR reservation. Each persona would have a different MB and each MB would only work to open the door at its respective resort.
FYI - I did not do that.
It's the 2nd time I have been a listed guest in 2 rooms at the same time in MDE. Never been an issue. MDE doesn't care. It isn't that smart
Otherwise, yes, my bands could only open 1 door at a time. When we were using 2 rooms at the resort at the same time I had to choose. In the trip mentioned above, at 2 different resorts, it wasn't an issue as I never needed to use both rooms at once.

FYI - I did not do that.
It's the 2nd time I have been a listed guest in 2 rooms at the same time in MDE. Never been an issue. MDE doesn't care. It isn't that smart
Otherwise, yes, my bands could only open 1 door at a time. When we were using 2 rooms at the resort at the same time I had to choose. In the trip mentioned above, at 2 different resorts, it wasn't an issue as I never needed to use both rooms at once.
That has not been my experience even when just switching resorts for a split stay. MDE would not allow me to still be "checked in" at my first resort while checking in at the second resort. I was told by a CM at the second resort that MDE has problems with split stays and without physically checking out prior to the 11 AM checkout time at the first resort, it got confused when I arrived at the second resort to check in. They even mentioned that you could not have a MB that unlocked two different resort rooms at the same time.

That has not been my experience even when just switching resorts for a split stay. MDE would not allow me to still be "checked in" at my first resort while checking in at the second resort. I was told by a CM at the second resort that MDE has problems with split stays and without physically checking out prior to the 11 AM checkout time at the first resort, it got confused when I arrived at the second resort to check in. They even mentioned that you could not have a MB that unlocked two different resort rooms at the same time.
Ok. Did you actually experience issues or just ask about it?
I never asked, I just did it. I was relating my experience as I did it. Twice. And I have split stays most trips. I never physically check out of any resort and it's never been an issue. No one has ever told me to do so. I just walk out, drop off bags, go to the park. Get my room ready text. Go to new resort, walk to room, call for bags. We usually don't even go to the front desk. It seems there may be many things CM think happen, that don't. Other than the bands. They are correct in that a MB won't open 2 rooms at once. As for me being checked in to 2 rooms at once. All I know is I've done it twice and MDE worked fine and didn't get confused at all. And obviously I never checked out at CBR as we had the room for 12 nights and this happened on night 2. I'd paid for all 12 of those nights already too. Only thing that I wondered is what housekeeping thought when they got to the room the next day and saw it unused. But I figure, they'd seen it all, very unlikely it was the first time that a room went unused for a night.

Ok. Did you actually experience issues or just ask about it?
I never asked, I just did it. I was relating my experience as I did it. Twice. And I have split stays most trips. I never physically check out of any resort and it's never been an issue. No one has ever told me to do so. I just walk out, drop off bags, go to the park. Get my room ready text. Go to new resort, walk to room, call for bags. We usually don't even go to the front desk. It seems there may be many things CM think happen, that don't. Other than the bands. They are correct in that a MB won't open 2 rooms at once. As for me being checked in to 2 rooms at once. All I know is I've done it twice and MDE worked fine and didn't get confused at all. And obviously I never checked out at CBR as we had the room for 12 nights and this happened on night 2. I'd paid for all 12 of those nights already too. Only thing that I wondered is what housekeeping thought when they got to the room the next day and saw it unused. But I figure, they'd seen it all, very unlikely it was the first time that a room went unused for a night.
Oh, I totally believe you! Disney IT is not very reliable.

Yes, this was my experience with a split stay. We were staying at BCV and then BWV and the nights were not concurrent. We had walked over to the BWV after giving our bags to bell services to deliver. We never went to the front desk at BCV to check out. When we arrived at BWV, we thought that we would check to see if a villa was ready (not likely given that it was around 10:00 AM) and that's when we ran into this snag. The CM looked up from her computer and said "You're checked in at the Beach Club?" Following by "Did you check out at the front desk there?" She had to do some behind the scenes magic to get us checked in at BWV so that our MBs would work for the pool and (later on) the villa. Since then, I have always used an alternate persona in MDE when I have split stays or, like last year, when I do overlapping stays.

Oh, I totally believe you! Disney IT is not very reliable.

Yes, this was my experience with a split stay. We were staying at BCV and then BWV and the nights were not concurrent. We had walked over to the BWV after giving our bags to bell services to deliver. We never went to the front desk at BCV to check out. When we arrived at BWV, we thought that we would check to see if a villa was ready (not likely given that it was around 10:00 AM) and that's when we ran into this snag. The CM looked up from her computer and said "You're checked in at the Beach Club?" Following by "Did you check out at the front desk there?" She had to do some behind the scenes magic to get us checked in at BWV so that our MBs would work for the pool and (later on) the villa. Since then, I have always used an alternate persona in MDE when I have split stays or, like last year, when I do overlapping stays.
Wonder if it's a DVC issue, more than a regular Resort issue. They have separate computer systems. From what I understand at least. We never, or at least very rarely, stay in DVC.
And, do you do online check in? We do. I wonder if that contributes to it not being an issue. We are already "checked in" at our new resort, and even get a room number via text.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter