2nd shingles shot

I'm fairly sure shingrix is still a 2 dose vaccine.
Just saw my doctor, and he said they only do one shot now. My husband is finally getting the vax in December, since our doctor told him to wait 3 months after his flu shot he had September 1. Just Googled it, CDC says just one shot now.

Hubby and I had our 1st dose in May and we were told to come back after three months. The only shingles vax by us are definitely still two shots. I had a slight fever and felt yucky after the 1st one so I'm not looking forward to #2 but rather that than actually getting shingles.

It is two doses.
Thank you for correcting me. I did further research, and the single-dose shingles vaccine (Zostavax) was discontinued in the U.S. in November 2020. I’d better let my husband know and our doctor. Shingrix (2 doses) is the one being used in the U.S. Again, thank you so much for the info.

Got my second shingles shot yesterday at lunch time. The side effects hit a lot faster with this one vs the first one. The first one I was extra tired the day following and then it hit me like a ton of bricks the second day. I am really hoping it doesn't follow the same pattern and tomorrow is even worse.

I get my second shingles (shingrix) dose this week and I am a little nervous. The first one made me sick and weak and I have read that if you reacted to the first one, the second dose is worse. Has anyone been sick for the first and second dose?
I have had both shots and I was fine.

Got my second shingles shot yesterday at lunch time. The side effects hit a lot faster with this one vs the first one. The first one I was extra tired the day following and then it hit me like a ton of bricks the second day. I am really hoping it doesn't follow the same pattern and tomorrow is even worse.
I had a stronger reaction to the second shot vs the first. But it didn't get worse the second day.

I have lucked out and had no reaction to either shingles or any of the covid shots (2 plus old booster and new booster) but my arm was very sore from a tetanus shot

I knew there was a thread about this. I just got my second shingles vaccine. OMG, brutal. I got it Thursday and I’m still feeling awful. Hoping I can round the corner soon. Still better than getting shingles.

I knew there was a thread about this. I just got my second shingles vaccine. OMG, brutal. I got it Thursday and I’m still feeling awful. Hoping I can round the corner soon. Still better than getting shingles.
I found the second dose worse than the initial one. It lasted about 3 days.

Yikes, hope you feel better soon!
I got my first shot a week or so ago, no reaction. I'm hoping I can be that lucky for the second!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter