2nd shingles shot

anniemae

Either she is eating a delicious
I get my second shingles (shingrix) dose this week and I am a little nervous. The first one made me sick and weak and I have read that if you reacted to the first one, the second dose is worse. Has anyone been sick for the first and second dose?

My arm is still killing me from my first shingles shot a week ago. I was tired and achy for 24 hours, and then slowly got better over the next two days. Not looking forward to the second one either.

Oh no! I had the first shot and my arm immediately began to feel strange and hurt. I t was sore for 4 days. Due for my second shot in Sept/Oct.

I get my second shingles (shingrix) dose this week and I am a little nervous. The first one made me sick and weak and I have read that if you reacted to the first one, the second dose is worse. Has anyone been sick for the first and second dose?
I had no problem with the first shot, except for the "normal" sore arm from getting a shot.

Second shot, I got a big, round, red, hot spot (about 6 inches across) on my arm and couldn't raise it up (much like getting a tetanus shot).

I’m 44 now and had shingles in 2019. I was able to get the Shingrex vaccine by paying for it myself earlier this year. First dose was bad, second was about the same…but with each dose the symptoms lasted about 24 hours. In comparison, my bout with shingles lasted two rounds of antivirals (14 days each) and one round of steroids…and I am still dealing with intermittent nerve issues on my forehead/cheek…please, please do the second dose…but just be prepared with Tylenol/ibuprofen and some good movies.

I had no problem with the first shot, except for the "normal" sore arm from getting a shot.

Second shot, I got a big, round, red, hot spot (about 6 inches across) on my arm and couldn't raise it up (much like getting a tetanus shot).
Oh...I had forgotten about the big, round, red hot spot. I had that after both of my Shingrix shots. It actually made me very nervous about the COVID vax but I didn't have any of those issues with the Moderna vax.

No issues with the first shot.
I got my 4th Covid shot at the same time as my second Shingles shot, so not sure which shot caused it, but I felt a little odd for about 5 hours after the shots.

We had our Shringrix shots this year too. I’ve heard all these horror stories about them. We made sure to get them when we had nothing planned for a few days. First shot, just a sore arm like from any shot. Second shot, same sore arm & a little tired that evening. My DH was the same. Here we were ready to do nothing but hang out watching movies all weekend & we were fine.

I had my first shingles shot in July. No real issues except a sore arm for a few days. I'm scheduled for the second one in October.

DH just had his second shot a few weeks ago. He had a sore arm for several days. The day after the shot, he woke up feeling ok, but got progressively worse during the day. He had a headache, fatigue, muscle aches and a slight fever (around 100). By dinnertime, he was feeling a little nauseous. It wasn't terrible, but he decided to skip dinner and go to bed by 8:00. He slept through until the next morning and felt good enough to eat breakfast and do a few things around the house. Luckily he got the shot on a Friday and had the weekend to recover. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

No issues with the first shot.
I got my 4th Covid shot at the same time as my second Shingles shot, so not sure which shot caused it, but I felt a little odd for about 5 hours after the shots.

You sure that your odd feeling wasn't caused by reading my inane posts on DisBoards?

I had the Shingrix vaccine a few years ago. With my first shot I had some side effects- slight fever, and general malaise for about 24 hours. I had absolutely no side effects from the second shot. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter