""

As far a grocery shopping goes I go to Wal-mart, Do I like it? Well it really depends on the time of the month and year, I won't be caught dead in there at the 1st of the month or close to christmas. I really like Meijer, I would shop there over walmart and target anyday, but my closest Meijer is 2hrs away.

My sister has worked at WalMart for 18 years and still likes it. However when she hits 20 years she's quitting because that's when she gets her for life discount card. And no, she hasn't gotten rich working there.

Leah, where on earth do you live?! :scared1:

Even the small town I'm living in right now in southeastern Wisconsin has everything you could ever want in a 5-10 minute drive. Except a mall... that's 15 minutes... :rolleyes:

:) I live near the Mississippi River right where Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri meet. We're an hour from a mall, and it's not even a good one.

I made a trip to our local walmart this week, which once again illustrated why we only shop there in a pinch but shouldn't. I got a very last minute job interview and needed to print resumes and references to bring with me. Of course that meant o ur printer would be out of ink - murphys law. So I run to the closest store which is walmart. They have 2 of the 3 cartridges I need, but not black... I head to staples in the next town over and they just closed, but they are in a plaza with another walmart so I head in there. They have the ink I need but for $.50 more. I was too tired and anxious to get my things prepared for my interview to complain about the price.

This has happened before too. Need a special size battery for the garage door opener - nope, not in stock. Looking for a specific toy for my nieces bday - out of stock. The only thing we have found is some kids stuff is cheaper than amazon at walmart.com and we use the ship to store feature (free shipping). Of course it took forever to pick up the last thing, but at least they had it!

Target isn't opening here till 2013. We have walmarts everywhere I will gladly drive the hour every few weeks to get my target fix. I try not to go to walmart if I don't have to I just don't like it.

I love Target.

My Walmart is OK but I hate the way they stack stuff in the isles. It's hard enough to get thru as it is. And this is not just at Christmas-all the time. Also will not visit Walmart on the weekend-just too many people.

I don't buy groceries at Walmart either, our local grocery store has better prices and better food. Walmart chicken is yuck. Never fails, if I need to run to the store for one or two things-those things will be out of stock at Walmart and I end up going to Target anyway.

I used to like going to Wal-mart. Then they closed the one we went to and built a Super Wal-mart a mile up the road. Not a fan of the super wal-mart. I used to know where everything was and could get in and out. Now I have to search for things and takes forever to get from one side of the store to the other. I usually just go to Target now.
I also love Christmas tree shops. So many neat things.

I like Walmart.

When they first came in the area(12 miles away), I would make a "Walmart " list. And if I have a sub job close by, I always stop there. But the local discount store got wise, and started matching prices on basic items, so that is where I mostly go.

I may want less crowds, more cashiers, wider aisles, but I will pay for it. And sometimes the money outweights the convenience. Heck, Costco is crowded, narrow aisles, long check out lines, but I love it.

Target isn't opening here till 2013. We have walmarts everywhere I will gladly drive the hour every few weeks to get my target fix. I try not to go to walmart if I don't have to I just don't like it.

I agree with you SaraMc. Looks like I am located near you and I cannot wait until Target opens here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter