""

What I dislike about Wal-Mart is they never have enough cashiers. So, even if I'm only buying 2 things it will take an hour.

I agree too - I'm no fan of Walmart. I love Target. Where I live, Target's prices are very close to Walmart's anyway, often meeting or even beating their low prices.

While Walmart isn't my favorite place to shop, I don't mind our local Walmart. Our Super Walmart is across the street from Super Target, but the aisles are a lot more narrow at Target. It's much easier to navigate my stroller or wagon with a shopping cart in the wider aisles.
The people at Walmart are aways good for entertainment and/or frustration, which is why I sometimes wear headphones not connected to anything so no one stops me and so I can pretend to not hear comments from strangers.

I have never been a Walmart fan. I prefer Christmas Tree Shops (it's not all Christmas stuff - it's very similar to Target) and Target. :)

I don't go to Walmart if I can help it. There is one in my town, I've lived here 5 years and I've been inside it once, and that was to return a gift. I love me some Target though. I am a little out of sorts because they are remodeling mine and I don't know where anything is anymore!

I have never been a Walmart fan. I prefer Christmas Tree Shops (it's not all Christmas stuff - it's very similar to Target) and Target. :)

OMG....I LOVE Christmas Tree Shop! We were out of town a couple weeks ago and saw one, my sister wanted to stop and I said "I don't want to go to a Christmas store it's August!" When we walked in our jaws dropped! We were in the for over an hour and we both had a cart full of stuff. I never heard of them before, but boy, I hope they open one near me some day.

I prefer Target as it's closer but sometimes really like WalMart. Today wasn't one of the days that I like WalMart. The school supplies were all on shelves that were not marked with what was on them. I found NO hand sanitizer and when I asked where they were the employee told me where using abbreviations that I had no clue what they meant and then I couldn't find the stuff either. Their stuff was just so poorly disorganized and some stuff was ridiculously priced!!

There is a Super Target that I have fallen in love with in Lowell. I go there a few times a month for different things. They have everything I need. It takes me about 15 minutes to get there. They have recently made the Target at the mall in Nashua to include frozen and cold foods but maybe because I'm not used to it I'm not happy with it. They rearranged the whole entire store which makes it frustrating to find things.

Tomorrow I'm going to KMart as they have some things cheaper than what I saw at Walmart today and they are only 5 minutes away!!!

TTFN :tigger:

We don't have Target, we only have Walmart(and that's 25 minutes away). :(
The nearest Target is an hour away. I LOVE Target and go any chance I get. Last time we were visiting my in-laws, I left the kids with them and just wandered around Super Target for an hour and a half looking at things. I even ate a delicious chicken caesar salad in the snack shop for lunch! It was a great little getaway!

We don't have Target, we only have Walmart(and that's 25 minutes away). :(
The nearest Target is an hour away. I LOVE Target and go any chance I get. Last time we were visiting my in-laws, I left the kids with them and just wandered around Super Target for an hour and a half looking at things. I even ate a delicious chicken caesar salad in the snack shop for lunch! It was a great little getaway!

Leah, where on earth do you live?! :scared1:

Even the small town I'm living in right now in southeastern Wisconsin has everything you could ever want in a 5-10 minute drive. Except a mall... that's 15 minutes... :rolleyes:

OMG....I LOVE Christmas Tree Shop! We were out of town a couple weeks ago and saw one, my sister wanted to stop and I said "I don't want to go to a Christmas store it's August!" When we walked in our jaws dropped! We were in the for over an hour and we both had a cart full of stuff. I never heard of them before, but boy, I hope they open one near me some day.

I actually go at least once a week. They have everything from patio furniture to kitchen towels to paintings. It's amazing!!! I actually go there more than Target because the prices and quality are that much better. It's a win-win! :thumbsup2

I enjoy shopping at Super Wal Mart. I don't ever seem to see the people that others talk about in Wal Mart. I also enjoy Target but I don't think they have as much to choose from.

The chain I think that has died is K Mart. The one in Kissimmee looks like it had a visit from the way back machine. It's stuck in the 80's.

I enjoy shopping at Super Wal Mart. I don't ever seem to see the people that others talk about in Wal Mart. I also enjoy Target but I don't think they have as much to choose from.

The chain I think that has died is K Mart. The one in Kissimmee looks like it had a visit from the way back machine. It's stuck in the 80's.

We have a K mart right at the end of our street. I regularly pass it up to go to Target. It's old and really dirty... I'm shocked they are still in business.

I am not a fan of Walmart either, ours here are simply not as clean, and the isles are much narrower, as our Target. I love Target, it's my home away from home. :)

I shop at Wal-Mart and Target. I prefer Wal-Mart because I don't like all the red in Target...but if I'm going somewhere else that is adjacent to Target, that's where I go...unless I need socks, then I have to go to Wal-Mart.

I like to walk around and look at stuff in both of them.

I don't notice there to be much difference in the "types" of people who shop there. It's all people who live around here.

A lot of people don't like Wal-Mart because their employees have chosen not to pay union dues. Oh, the horror.

When our super wal mart first opened it was great then over time it has become dirty and the produce is always bad. I have not been to wal mart in quite so time and I have no plans of going back. Thank goodness for market basket

The Wal-Marts around here are almost always overcrowded and understaffed, especially at the registers. They like to only have one side open at a time with not a single register open at the other end of the store, or they only turn on one self-check out even though there are 4-8 self-check out registers, only one cashier, etc. No trip to WM is a quick trip because it takes so long to actually check out. They've redone most of them around here so they aren't dirty anymore but they used to be really dingy and dirty and they do a bad job of keeping stock on the shelves - too much just strewn around or in boxes on pallets too often.

Our Targets are clean and happy and usually have at least close to enough cashiers to keep lines short but if not they are much more likely to pull extra cashiers - WM just lets you wait and wait and wait.

For us, Super Target > Super Wal-Mart any day of the week. We only go to a WM if we absolutely have to for an item we need right away or can't get from Amazon within 2 days using Prime 2-day shipping. :)

I like Target but the 2 closest to me don't have everything I need when I'm shopping. They also run out of things on sale regularly and their plus size clothing is now horrible and regulated to 2 tiny little rows in the back of the store.

I've got a Walmart and a Super Walmart within 10 minutes of my house in either direction. They are bright and clean. Sure there are characters in them some times and I've learned not to go on Friday or Saturday's but they have a better selection than Target.
I don't buy any fresh type foods at either place anyways but for non-perishables, cleaning stuff and the day to day needs Walmart is the better store in my area for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter