24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

If you read the threads on the board, there seem to be a lot of "it's-not-worth-its." BUT, given that it's a 24-hour event, where I'll have lots of time for rides, I opted for this FP, too. I *want* to see the show; i *don't want* to stake out a spot an hour beforehand. I don't think my crew would go for that. So, to me, I think it will be worth it. My other two FPs are scheduled right after. I am just going on a hunch, but I think we'll need FPs more at night than during the day.

I did this this past Wednesday (4/1). I am short and am always fighting for a spot where I can actually see what is going on. I LOVED the new Wishes viewing area!!! It is true that you the cast members ask you to stand up before Celebrate the Magic starts and all the way through Wishes. Although, there were a few people who didn't, or they just sat back down after the cast member walked away. I loved not having to fight a crowd. We got there shortly after 8:00 and chose our spot to relax and sit down for a while before CTM. I always bring a small sarong that folds up nicely in my backpack to spread on the ground to keep us from getting dirty and to give us a "boundary area". Many people won't encroach a defined space most of the time. We actually laid down on the fake grass, which was extremely relaxing after along day at MK. I will DEFINITELY get Wishes FP again!! We had a great view and there were no people crowded all around us.

Are there fastpasses available before 9am on May 22? The earliest I have seen fast passes available is 9. I realize fastpasses may not be needed for many/most attractions at that time of morning, but my family will only be in the parks from 6am-10am that day. I'd like to use all three if possible since I have them. Thanks!

We are going. First time for a 24 hour day trip.
We fly in on Wednesday evening,
Plan to take an easy day on Thursday and be ready to hit the ground running (literally) on Friday. We are staying at CR so we can walk back and forth.
I hope to hit the parks at 6 AM, stay through the early parade and then return in time for Wishes and stay till we can't stay any longer.
We check out of CR on Saturday and in to BC to hit SWW on Sunday and then fly home on Monday.

I read someone who speculated that they will tie in the movie Tomorrowland to it.

Last edited:
If you read the threads on the board, there seem to be a lot of "it's-not-worth-its." BUT, given that it's a 24-hour event, where I'll have lots of time for rides, I opted for this FP, too. I *want* to see the show; i *don't want* to stake out a spot an hour beforehand. I don't think my crew would go for that. So, to me, I think it will be worth it. My other two FPs are scheduled right after. I am just going on a hunch, but I think we'll need FPs more at night than during the day.

I keep going back and forth. I just can't decide what to do. I do agree with your line of thinking, though--a lot of people will probably be at SWW during the day, right? If we don't keep our Wishes FP, we are watching from behind the castle. I'm not dealing with the crowds. The last time we watched Wishes at the hub, it was a low crowd RAINY day in September and the crowds leaving the park after were downright terrifying. I can't imagine when the park will likely be at capacity. AND because the park doesn't close after Wishes, people will be going all over the place. Sounds like even more chaos. So I think the best choices are the reserved viewing (and stay put until the crowds calm) or just watch from the back of the park.

We picked Wishes FP for this day because we want to stay at the resort resting until just before time for Wishes. I don't want to stake out a spot for an hour. I'd rather leave the resort an hour before Wishes starts, walk over and go in to the area and know we'll have a small patch of grass to stand in. Sure it will be crowded but it's still a better option than no FP.

And I'm normally one who says never FP Wishes. The 24 Hour day is the one time to do those things you Never, Ever do.

I am normally a no fp+ for parades and fireworks...BUT I am doing it for wishes on 24 hour day. Usually we just stand on the outskirts of wherever we are and watch but I am thinking that night will be crazy busy and my kids love the fireworks.

They had special glow with the show ears, a poster, pin and glow in the dark t-shirt. All had the exact same mickey sorcerer logo.

Heroes-And-Villains-Disney-Sorcerer-Mickey-And-Maleficent.jpg

Wow...that's awesome...Thanks for the heads up...I do wanna get the pin for sure....

I am normally a no fp+ for parades and fireworks...BUT I am doing it for wishes on 24 hour day. Usually we just stand on the outskirts of wherever we are and watch but I am thinking that night will be crazy busy and my kids love the fireworks.

And this is why I will not see ANY of the shows before or after Wishes...I plan on seeing the fireworks/parades on the Wednesday before...I have my 3 FP+ for late at night, after Wishes...

I just booked my FP for Wishes for the 24 hour event!! I tried it out last week when I was there for spring break and loved it!! I wasn't really crazy about standing up during CTM and Wishes, but I loved having a nice comfortable place to relax for awhile before all of the nighttime entertainment. Also, there were tons of people pushing and shoving all around you. I think after arriving at 5:30am, this will be a nice place to take a break before staying up all night until 6:00am. I'm hoping more fast passes will be available throughout the night....I know they were last year when we were there.

Is this area blocked off for the Electric Parade?? or do they just move people from this area after the EP to make it available to those with a FP for Wishes??

Is this area blocked off for the Electric Parade?? or do they just move people from this area after the EP to make it available to those with a FP for Wishes??

The Wishes FP area is closed after 8:00pm and is only available to those people with Wishes FPs. When got there shortly after 8:00 and enjoyed some rest/down time just sitting on the fake grass. We got to see CTM, but the parade wasn't scheduled for another hour , so we didn't wait for it. It was a really relaxing area and uncrowded (for Main Street at night), that's why I chose to do it again for the 24 hour event. I know it will be packed for the event and we will be very tired after being there for 14 hours. So that will be our rest time before we take on the remainder of the night/morning.

This was a bucket list item when I first started going to the parks a couple years back. I thought to myself, "there would be nothing greater than to spend 24 hours at my new favorite place in the world. (possible exaggeration there)" This year everything aligned and I just booked my trip last week. Sooo stoked!

Since it is the first day of my short stay and I will have plenty of energy (I have insomniac tendencies...), I plan on doing the full 24 hours in the park with the goal of riding every single ride (with the exception of my favorite ride, PofC :sad:). I have a CP adr at 7:40, but am currently trying to decide my plan of attack. I'm a "photographer" so the sunrise/sunset/"sunrise" will be on the list and hopefully I can snag a FP for Wishes as I'm sure the hub will be packed by that point as well as one for the Mine Train and something else in the early evening. Otherwise I plan to hit up some bigger attractions early between breakfast and photos, then parades and indoor shows and less popular rides in the afternoon to avoid the crazy crowds and then hitting up some more of the big attractions with a ride on the TTA to close it out in the early morning hours. I am also trying to group the ride order by Lands just to cut back on the amount of walking. Just waiting on my FP+ window to open in a few days to really square it away. WOOT! :yay:

Is anyone who is attending the event going to be dressing up the event? I've got my go to of Mr. Smee, but I might bound as the Genie or Christopher Robin (b/c of my CP ADR).
I would love to see the Smee outfit. I will be there all 24 hours as well. Looking forward to it.

We had planned on MK on that day before we knew about the 24 hr event. So I booked our Wishes party for that night - so glad I did! Not sure how long my group will last (there are older adults and a couple of little ones) but I think DD and I will go as long as we can!

Right now I have booked 'Ohana for breakfast at 9:30, BoG for lunch and Wishes party - which I am guessing is at 8 since Wishes is at 9pm. Might cancel BoG and go back to the resort to rest. Was thinking of Disney bounding as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, red shorts, yellow shirts, blue ties/scarves, red hats. Or maybe Little Mermaid, one of us would be Ariel and the other could be Flounder :) Old navy has some really cute shorts with seafoam green seahorses on them. Those and an orange/peach shirt would work - Hot Topic has a cute LM bow with a dinglehopper on it.

I think the entire Wishes FP+ area will be DISers on the 24 hour night.

We had planned on MK on that day before we knew about the 24 hr event. So I booked our Wishes party for that night - so glad I did! Not sure how long my group will last (there are older adults and a couple of little ones) but I think DD and I will go as long as we can!

Right now I have booked 'Ohana for breakfast at 9:30, BoG for lunch and Wishes party - which I am guessing is at 8 since Wishes is at 9pm. Might cancel BoG and go back to the resort to rest. Was thinking of Disney bounding as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, red shorts, yellow shirts, blue ties/scarves, red hats. Or maybe Little Mermaid, one of us would be Ariel and the other could be Flounder :) Old navy has some really cute shorts with seafoam green seahorses on them. Those and an orange/peach shirt would work - Hot Topic has a cute LM bow with a dinglehopper on it.

I am very jealous of your dessert party, I've been stalking that for ages. Flounder would be sooooo adorable. We also have a BOG lunch, we will be the step sisters/step mom and a stick in the mud dressed as himself (my bf).

I am attending with a friend. We plan to go all 24 hours! Yep we are officially insane.
I believe the definition of "insane" (aka - ME... aka - Mr. Insomniac) is your flight getting in to Orlando at 11:30pm the night before, getting a few hours of sleep before the event, going the full 24, going back to the hotel for a few more hours of sleep (mostly to recharge camera and phone batteries/upload photos), then getting up in time for the 11:30 parade at DHS for the SWW. Have never been to that event but I Saturday was the only day in my schedule I could swing it. I will see how long I last that day and then crash and burn until my ADR at Sanaa on Sunday evening :yay: Hope you guys have fun at the event though, this should be an awesome time!

I would love to see the Smee outfit. I will be there all 24 hours as well. Looking forward to it.
This is really weird but I can't find my full attire shots of me (including my fun ones with the actual Mr. Smee). I can't find that folder!! :furious::sad: I have several like the selfie profile pic but this is quite the bummer... I was planning on going as Christopher Robin, but I might have to rethink this if I can't find that folder. I might have to redeem myself haha

I think the entire Wishes FP+ area will be DISers on the 24 hour night.
How cool would that be!?!? Based on some previous discussion on another thread, I have a very exact location in mind (I already called "dibs" on it :P) on the FP+ West side (in front of Casey's). If people want to have a mini meet and greet in that section during Wishes, that would be kind of fun, just to say 'hi' and enjoy the small talk to help pass the time before the show? At least I would know the people standing in front of me so they know not to block my shots :D

I believe the definition of "insane" (aka - ME... aka - Mr. Insomniac) is your flight getting in to Orlando at 11:30pm the night before, getting a few hours of sleep before the event, going the full 24, going back to the hotel for a few more hours of sleep (mostly to recharge camera and phone batteries/upload photos), then getting up in time for the 11:30 parade at DHS for the SWW. Have never been to that event but I Saturday was the only day in my schedule I could swing it. I will see how long I last that day and then crash and burn until my ADR at Sanaa on Sunday evening :yay: Hope you guys have fun at the event though, this should be an awesome time!

This is really weird but I can't find my full attire shots of me (including my fun ones with the actual Mr. Smee). I can't find that folder!! :furious::sad: I have several like the selfie profile pic but this is quite the bummer... I was planning on going as Christopher Robin, but I might have to rethink this if I can't find that folder. I might have to redeem myself haha

I think the parade time this year for SWW is 11:00. Look at the SWW thread, it has all the curren updates. Wouldnt want you to miss it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter