24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

Hmm. Now I'm definitely second-guessing my current plan, which was dinner at the Wave, watch Wishes from the Contemporary, and then head into MK (FP+ scheduled starting at 9:30PM).
Sounds like I should try to be inside MK (and off of Main Street) well before Wishes starts. What time do you recommend I go into MK after my afternoon resort break?

I hope to catch Celebrate Magic/Wishes/Elec Parade on Wednesday night...this way on Fri/Sat we'll just do rides or any special shows that might be scheduled...my 1st FP is Big Thunder Mtn 9:35-10:35pm...should I push this one back???

That is a smart idea to catch the nighttime shows a different night. That time is ok, unless you need to be entering the park at that time. I mean, it is probably doable, maybe if you weave through the gift shops. Personally, I plan on staying away from Main Street after Wishes.

With our thought process, we "won't need our high school diploma anymore"! Had to look up the episode (it's been awhile), but I love me some Simpsons! hahah

I will have to keep an out out for you guys though! I would love to hear what your meet up would be like with the actual characters in the park; I am sure that would be a hilarious conversation :P

I basically went with Christopher Robin because it's a yellow polo and shorts (might consider carrying a mini Pooh plush around too). I have been Mr. Smee at the past few MNSSHP and loved it, but that felt Santa hat and fur sideburns are annoying in the heat/humidity. Carrying a camera bag around all day is one thing, but that hat in May? No thanks!

And congrats on the BoG res, it was only a matter of time :-)

Christopher Robin is a cute idea, cute and cool. Especially if you are going to CP that morning, Pooh will be so in love with you :) I think that costume idea is more out of the box anyway, most people are princesses or villains so I like that idea.

That 9:30-midnight time is probably my only gray area; I'm not sure what to do during the chaos after Wishes. I could stand in a long line somewhere for a ride to kill time or maybe hit up CoP or something and catch a few zzz's during a show, but with a FP in the hub for Wishes, I might take advantage of that FP real estate and take a power nap on the grass while the traffic is still intense.

Yeah, we have Wishes Fp+ too. Maybe they won't make us leave right away and we can hang out until everything settles down. I'm excited to hear what special characters will be announced, we'll most likely spend those busy hours after Wishes waiting for our must do character. So if you like to meet characters, that could be an option.

I am really excited for this event. I have kind of already started packing. This time needs to go quick.

Hmm. Now I'm definitely second-guessing my current plan, which was dinner at the Wave, watch Wishes from the Contemporary, and then head into MK (FP+ scheduled starting at 9:30PM).
Sounds like I should try to be inside MK (and off of Main Street) well before Wishes starts. What time do you recommend I go into MK after my afternoon resort break?

I'm not sure if this year will be different, but I don't think it was too bad until around 8 or so. Watching Wishes from the Contemporary wouldn't be an awful idea, I might just have a drink or two after at the bar before heading into the MK.

My 19yo daughter and I went last year and stayed for the whole 24 hours! We had a blast. We got a lot of rides lot done early in the morning. During the heat of the day we did mostly indoor attractions and shows. During the late hours we strayed away from the dance parties because we hate them and that's where the huge masses of people seemed to be. We also met Maleficent at 3:30am. We waited 2 hours to see her. I was glad I brought my iPad with me because we watched Finding Nemo while we waited in line. We also played what we affectionately refer to as "fast pass roulette". We used our first three fast passes early in the day, then we would go to the closet kiosk and choose a fast pass for something we hadn't done that had time frame that was about to open up. We did every available attraction that day. It was so much fun! There were a few attractions we hadn't been on in a while and we had forgotten how much fun they were....except for Stitch....that is a horrible attraction! We will use the same plan this year...we are so excited!

My 19yo daughter and I went last year and stayed for the whole 24 hours! We had a blast. We got a lot of rides lot done early in the morning. During the heat of the day we did mostly indoor attractions and shows. During the late hours we strayed away from the dance parties because we hate them and that's where the huge masses of people seemed to be. We also met Maleficent at 3:30am. We waited 2 hours to see her. I was glad I brought my iPad with me because we watched Finding Nemo while we waited in line. We also played what we affectionately refer to as "fast pass roulette". We used our first three fast passes early in the day, then we would go to the closet kiosk and choose a fast pass for something we hadn't done that had time frame that was about to open up. We did every available attraction that day. It was so much fun! There were a few attractions we hadn't been on in a while and we had forgotten how much fun they were....except for Stitch....that is a horrible attraction! We will use the same plan this year...we are so excited!

FP+ roulette, I like that.

Are you guys wearing costumes?

We got our FP but I might tweak them.... I am wondering if we really need one for Enchanted Tales with Belle? It was nice last time we did it but maybe something else is a bigger priority?

Our outline is to start in Tomorrowland, and circle counter clockwise hitting all the rides we aren't FPing later. Then stop for a late breakfast/early lunch. Then go to Fantasyland and do all our FP and set up a 4th after that. After FPs, we will take the train back to Main Street and do the characters up there. We haven't met Talking MIckey yet. Then we will go around doing characters for awhile and do that 4th FP whenver the time comes.

When it starts getting really hot and crowded, we will make another circle around the park doing all the shows. I figure that's a good time to doze off a little if needed, too! Carrousel of Progress makes a great nap, right? :)

We will stake out a Wishes spot early and eat dinner while we wait. More resting, too!

After Wishes I'm not sure what we will do. Maybe some of the minor rides we skipped in the morning. Once it gets really late (early?) and the crowds thin, we will re-do favorite rides.

I'm tired just typing it! But I now in a normal trip, we are always trying to conserve energy for therest of the week. This trip, this is all we are doing so we can push ourselves without paying for it the next day.

Suggestions on where to watch Wishes? I LOVE Wishes, it's the highlight of my day! But I know how bad traffic in the hub was last September on a crowd level 3 day... I can't even fathom it on a holiday weekend at a special event. We've watched Hallowishes at MNSSHP behind the castle before and it was ok. Definitely less crowded anyway but obviously you lose some of the effect. Might be worth it on a night like this though?

Will Sleepy Hollow be open first thing Friday morning (6:00am opening) and will they be selling their Nutella and fruit waffles? Trying to plan my breakfast after I go and buy the special event T-shirt.

We got our FP but I might tweak them.... I am wondering if we really need one for Enchanted Tales with Belle? It was nice last time we did it but maybe something else is a bigger priority?

Our outline is to start in Tomorrowland, and circle counter clockwise hitting all the rides we aren't FPing later. Then stop for a late breakfast/early lunch. Then go to Fantasyland and do all our FP and set up a 4th after that. After FPs, we will take the train back to Main Street and do the characters up there. We haven't met Talking MIckey yet. Then we will go around doing characters for awhile and do that 4th FP whenver the time comes.

When it starts getting really hot and crowded, we will make another circle around the park doing all the shows. I figure that's a good time to doze off a little if needed, too! Carrousel of Progress makes a great nap, right? :)

We will stake out a Wishes spot early and eat dinner while we wait. More resting, too!

After Wishes I'm not sure what we will do. Maybe some of the minor rides we skipped in the morning. Once it gets really late (early?) and the crowds thin, we will re-do favorite rides.

I'm tired just typing it! But I now in a normal trip, we are always trying to conserve energy for therest of the week. This trip, this is all we are doing so we can push ourselves without paying for it the next day.

Haha. You are in it to win it, I like that. Leave it all on the field.

I bet etwb will have a short wait before 11 am and after 2 am. You could always consider a wishes FP or 7 dwarves.

Suggestions on where to watch Wishes? I LOVE Wishes, it's the highlight of my day! But I know how bad traffic in the hub was last September on a crowd level 3 day... I can't even fathom it on a holiday weekend at a special event. We've watched Hallowishes at MNSSHP behind the castle before and it was ok. Definitely less crowded anyway but obviously you lose some of the effect. Might be worth it on a night like this though?

If I didn't have a FP id be watching behind the castle in new fantasyland. Having the fire works go off all around you is worth giving up the castle view, IMO.

Will Sleepy Hollow be open first thing Friday morning (6:00am opening) and will they be selling their Nutella and fruit waffles? Trying to plan my breakfast after I go and buy the special event T-shirt.

I don't remember from last year, but once the event guide is published (maybe a week or two in advance) it should list restaurant opening times. I'm sure someone will post the guide here when it comes out.

I don't remember from last year, but once the event guide is published (maybe a week or two in advance) it should list restaurant opening times. I'm sure someone will post the guide here when it comes out.

I saw that is was open early last year on their event guide but does anyone recall if their waffles were available at that hour.

We're going, for the 3rd year in a row, for at least part. However, we live in Tampa area and the kids have school.
Plus, we are taking 2 extra kids with us this trip (celebrating my dd's birthday and she's bringing her 2 friends), so we'll have 6 of us, and we're staying offsite at Caribe (2 bedroom villa), so we'll likely get up there and head into the park @ 5ish, we have an ADR at the Plaza @ 10:45pm, and then will keep going as late as we can. The girls really want to meet Anna and Elsa, of course, and staying offsite (AP), we can't book FP yet, so we'll likely be looking at doing after midnite as our best option. They are dressing cosplay of Anna, Elsa, and Hans (not sure if my eldest is dressing up at all) for this day. Then we plan to hit HS Saturday but we'll likely sleep in till 11ish and plan on the afternoon/evening there.

Has anyone booked fast passes past 12:30am for the 24 hour event? I just tried and nothing is available past that time....wondering if there won't be fast passes at that time like during the parties or if they are just all gone.

Yeah, we have Wishes Fp+ too. Maybe they won't make us leave right away and we can hang out until everything settles down. I'm excited to hear what special characters will be announced, we'll most likely spend those busy hours after Wishes waiting for our must do character. So if you like to meet characters, that could be an option.

I am really excited for this event. I have kind of already started packing. This time needs to go quick.

Yeah not really a big character fan, but I suppose there is always a first time for it, especially if there are some unique ones. I will probably just end up using this time for night photography, trying to find a way to work around the hordes of people getting in my shots. Despite my plans though, it'd be nice to just leave time for spontaneity (my preferred touring style).

And I would so love to start packing, but that would probably just encourage me to add on some days to the beginning of my trip.... actually, that might not be a bad idea... hahah

Mom and I are planning to attend our 1st 24hr party this year.

we were thinking of arriving for rope drop and staying till 9ish. Then heading to breakfast somewhere on the monorail. After taking a nap and having dinner, we were going to head back in time for wishes.

will lines be crazy for the rides right after or will many people be heading out of the park?

We are hoping to maximize ride time and minimize time in the heat.

Any suggestions or do not miss things from this event?

This may be a glimmer of hope! When I was at MVMCP in December, haunted mansion had been closed all week for refurb. We were so sad but as luck would have it, they opened it during the party as a "soft run". Disney sometimes does that during refurbs to test out repairs. Most of the time CMs stand at the enterance to inform guests that they are on a soft opening, which means the ride may not be operating at full potential or may close at any time. Here's for hoping!

Has anyone booked fast passes past 12:30am for the 24 hour event? I just tried and nothing is available past that time....wondering if there won't be fast passes at that time like during the parties or if they are just all gone.

I tried also when my FP+ window opened...I keep checking, but no such luck...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter