24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

Haha. You are in it to win it, I like that. Leave it all on the field.

I bet etwb will have a short wait before 11 am and after 2 am. You could always consider a wishes FP or 7 dwarves.

If I didn't have a FP id be watching behind the castle in new fantasyland. Having the fire works go off all around you is worth giving up the castle view, IMO.

I don't remember from last year, but once the event guide is published (maybe a week or two in advance) it should list restaurant opening times. I'm sure someone will post the guide here when it comes out.

I see that you have a trip report for last year's 24hr party...what page of the thread do you start getting into details about the party?

We will be attending as well. This is our first 24 hr event, and we are pretty excited. The only thing we are expecting: crowds and just enjoying ourselves. We do not have a game plan at all; just some fastpasses. We are just going to go until we just can't anymore.

Last night lots of Fast Passes opened up for Anna and Elsa starting mid afternoon. They were still available today.

Does the special merchandise go fast? We already had ADRs for the morning of the 22nd and now I'm wondering if I need to change and head to MK first.

Will Sleepy Hollow be open first thing Friday morning (6:00am opening) and will they be selling their Nutella and fruit waffles? Trying to plan my breakfast after I go and buy the special event T-shirt.

Where do they usually sell the event merchandise? The Emporium or somewhere smaller?

...I don't remember from last year, but once the event guide is published (maybe a week or two in advance) it should list restaurant opening times. I'm sure someone will post the guide here when it comes out.

Will it really take till a week or two before the 24 hr event day before they let us know what's going to be going on? Argh, I can't wait that long! Hard to be planning an afternoon break when we may need to stay there with events going that we won't want to miss!

I'm getting very excited for our first time going to this event! We wouldn't be going for this spontaneous trip if they weren't having this 24 hr day, lol, so pretty happy, lol!:goodvibes

We will be attending as well. This is our first 24 hr event, and we are pretty excited. The only thing we are expecting: crowds and just enjoying ourselves. We do not have a game plan at all; just some fastpasses. We are just going to go until we just can't anymore.

That is actually a really good plan, I bet you guys will have a great time with the relaxed attitudes.

Last night lots of Fast Passes opened up for Anna and Elsa starting mid afternoon. They were still available today.

I was able to get one for around 7:30! Thank you for posting this :)

Where do they usually sell the event merchandise? The Emporium or somewhere smaller?

Will it really take till a week or two before the 24 hr event day before they let us know what's going to be going on? Argh, I can't wait that long! Hard to be planning an afternoon break when we may need to stay there with events going that we won't want to miss!

I'm getting very excited for our first time going to this event! We wouldn't be going for this spontaneous trip if they weren't having this 24 hr day, lol, so pretty happy, lol!:goodvibes

Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but I feel like it will. I need to look back and see when they announced the villains characters.

The 24 hour day is soooo much fun, you are going to have such an amazing time!

I believe it is the Emporium and the supply it limited so buy your special event merch early.

Ok, great thanks, ArielRae! We will stop there on the way in first thing!

Hopefully it doesn't take that long, but I feel like it will. I need to look back and see when they announced the villains characters.

The 24 hour day is soooo much fun, you are going to have such an amazing time!

Yeah, I hope they share some info sooner than that, lol! But, either way, it'll be awesome! I gotta figure it'll be Frozen themed with those characters since they used Olaf to announce the 24 hr MK day, and they were kicking off the Frozen Summer Fun. And we are good with that, we still love Frozen here, (probably cause we don't live with little children that watch so much that we get sick of it, lol)!

Thanks, I think we will have an amazing time! You have a great time, too!

My boyfriend and I went last year and we were planning on being there for the welcome show that morning but unforeseen illnesses for both of us prevented us from being there at the opening. We ended up getting some more sleep and got to MK around 9 that morning. We were both expecting it to be crowded all day but it really did not start getting crowded until after dinner times would be, from what I believe everyone getting off of work and for the students getting out of school for the summer. For us the night time was more crowded than during the day, which made lines really long and when you don't have a fast pass+ for anything during the night hours it made waiting in long lines not worth it because we did not want to stand around in lines for over an hour after standing all day already. Last years 24 hour event was also around the time that they were allowing the 4 fast pass+ after you have already used up the first 3.

A CM did tell us at Epcot the day before to have a plan on what you want to do throughout the day.

We did it once and the only thing I can say is to not let it ruin the rest of your trip.

My boyfriend and I went last year and we were planning on being there for the welcome show that morning but unforeseen illnesses for both of us prevented us from being there at the opening. We ended up getting some more sleep and got to MK around 9 that morning. We were both expecting it to be crowded all day but it really did not start getting crowded until after dinner times would be, from what I believe everyone getting off of work and for the students getting out of school for the summer. For us the night time was more crowded than during the day, which made lines really long and when you don't have a fast pass+ for anything during the night hours it made waiting in long lines not worth it because we did not want to stand around in lines for over an hour after standing all day already. Last years 24 hour event was also around the time that they were allowing the 4 fast pass+ after you have already used up the first 3.

A CM did tell us at Epcot the day before to have a plan on what you want to do throughout the day.

So, we do have a plan! We'll be there for the opening ceremony, gotta start with that(which is gonna be hard, I'm a big night owl, definitely not a rope dropper, but would be crushed to miss this rope drop, lol!). I'm planning on the morning being pretty easy with crowds, from what I've read from other dissers. We have our FP+'s for after 9 a.m., hoping to get in some easy lines for rides before that, then breakfast at 10:30 at Kona, then back for the noon parade and a couple rides with FP+s if we didn't ride them in the morning. Then afternoon starts getting more crowded and it's probably gonna be getting hotter. So, we may take an afternoon break to rest and get out of the heat, depending on whats announced for the afternoon. We may end up wanting to stay, too. If we do that, we'll probably do the inside shows like HOP and COP. Then we may do early dinner in the park, I've got a liberty tree tavern ressie. But in the evening, we'll basically take it easy, planning to watch the Msep, Wishes, Celebrate the magic, any other things they offer, and of course, that'll include plenty of waiting to keep a decent spot, so that's all I expect in the evening. Then we'll hit the rides a lot after all that and as the lines decrease, and somewhere we may fit in characters, depending on who will be there, and their lines. We'll go thru the early morning doing rides and watch the end of the 24 hr ceremonies, and then go collapse in our room, lol. I hope those buses get us back to the resort quick, and hopefully the lines aren't terrible cause lots of people gave up and went back earlier, lol! Gotta get some sleep before we go out in the mid afternoon Saturday!

Now, we are planning on getting to the park in plenty of time for the opening ceremony. Anyone know when we would need to be at the bus from Pop(with an ECV)? How early will they start the buses that morning? I wanna be sure we get there in time, I read the opening ceremony begins at 5:50 a.m.!

Also, when is sun up there in late May? Will it still be dark there for the welcome ceremony? I was hoping to maybe ride the TTA first while the sun is coming up but not sure on the timing of that, lol!

What were some of the special items sold for the 24hr day? Ears? Pins? Tees? Anybody got pics of these items?

They had special glow with the show ears, a poster, pin and glow in the dark t-shirt. All had the exact same mickey sorcerer logo.

Heroes-And-Villains-Disney-Sorcerer-Mickey-And-Maleficent.jpg

I'm curious about Opening Ceremonies, too. Is it really 5:00 a.m.?

Well, the 24 hr day goes from 6 a.m. Friday morning till 6 a.m. Saturday morning. And I read somewhere, cannot remember where, that the welcome ceremony was at 5:50 a.m.! That's early, lol! :scared1: :laughing:

I will want the event pin (assuming there is one). Where can I find it and how fast will event merchandise sell out? Do I have to do it first or can I wait until around 9am?

I just switched our etwb to a Wishes fastpass. I really like the idea of not fighting for a spot. I need to do more reading up on how it works though!

I just switched our etwb to a Wishes fastpass. I really like the idea of not fighting for a spot. I need to do more reading up on how it works though!

If you read the threads on the board, there seem to be a lot of "it's-not-worth-its." BUT, given that it's a 24-hour event, where I'll have lots of time for rides, I opted for this FP, too. I *want* to see the show; i *don't want* to stake out a spot an hour beforehand. I don't think my crew would go for that. So, to me, I think it will be worth it. My other two FPs are scheduled right after. I am just going on a hunch, but I think we'll need FPs more at night than during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter