20th anniversary card collection from Morrisons

elstoleno

Mouseketeer
Just got given two packs of those Morrisons disney cards that came in a Newspaper today (Mirror/People not sure which).

These ones are for the 20th Anniversary Collection and on the back of the pack it says "for a second chance to win visit morrisons.co.uk/disney".

Sounds like Morrisons are going to be doing another DLP competition, anyone know anything about it?

I saw people selling these on ebay today and couldn't work it out. Had a look at Morrisons site and it doesn't mention anything (but didn't know about the Disney suffix).

Having said that, I might sound ungrateful but I don't seem to remember the last competition being a great prize - few nights hotel stay, no travel, no spending money, no VIP party etc (still, the cards a nice) :rotfl2:.

Appears that this time there will be special cards where you can win an on the spot prize such as a cuddly toy as well.....

oh no :scared1: this nr killed me last time - i had to get 2 full sets!!!

dont say i gotta do it all again!!!

Hi guys,

I work for Morrisons and can confirm that there will be a collector card promotion again. It starts tomorrow.

This time there are more products involved in the offer.

Also this time you can get a red card which gives you an instant win for a cuddly toy.

The other difference this year is that it's not on how much you spend it's just on certain products. Just look for a DSY next to a product on your receipt.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

I saw people selling these on ebay today and couldn't work it out. Had a look at Morrisons site and it doesn't mention anything (but didn't know about the Disney suffix).

Having said that, I might sound ungrateful but I don't seem to remember the last competition being a great prize - few nights hotel stay, no travel, no spending money, no VIP party etc (still, the cards a nice) :rotfl2:.

Appears that this time there will be special cards where you can win an on the spot prize such as a cuddly toy as well.....

Sorry, I forgot to add this...

the prize is better this time too. You get travel, accomodation in Disneyland Hotel, food and VIP meet and greet. :goodvibes

princess ariel - u live in the same town as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u dont happen to work at the local morrisons too do u?? (i dont, but its where i shop lol)

so - this time, u get the cards for the products, not eg one pack per £30 spend?

Thanks for that Princess Ariel :thumbsup2 I didn't mean to sound ungrateful but it's just as Disney comps go, it wasn't a great prize - we did it just for the cards really :goodvibes.

Sounds much better this year though :thumbsup2

I think I'll pop into Morrisons tomorrow :rotfl2:. Having said that, I too don't think I can do the whole collecting thing again - we never did get a full set, were 3 cards short :eek:.

Thanks for that Princess Ariel :thumbsup2 I didn't mean to sound ungrateful but it's just as Disney comps go, it wasn't a great prize - we did it just for the cards really :goodvibes.

Sounds much better this year though :thumbsup2

I think I'll pop into Morrisons tomorrow :rotfl2:. Having said that, I too don't think I can do the whole collecting thing again - we never did get a full set, were 3 cards short :eek:.

Which 3 cards do you need? I have a box of hundreds upstairs!

I am hoping not to get sucked in - if it was on how much you spent that would be grand, as we shop there most weeks anyway, but if it is on items I don't want to end up going over budget by buying stuff I don't need!

Which 3 cards do you need? I have a box of hundreds upstairs!

I am hoping not to get sucked in - if it was on how much you spent that would be grand, as we shop there most weeks anyway, but if it is on items I don't want to end up going over budget by buying stuff I don't need!

thatll b me then!!!!!!!!! :lmao::rotfl:

Rosebug, that would be great thanks - I have several hundred 'swaps' as well so if there are any you need, or did you manage to finish them?

I know, I don't even shop at Morrisons so ended up buying stuff I didn't need! DH went in one day and it was ridiculous - he bought only special card products and lots of them :rolleyes1.

Needed: B4, C4, D6, G4, J9 (sorry, that is 5, not 3 cards!).

To be honest, the more I think about it, I too might leave it alone. DD1 is only interested as she would like to go back to Disneyland. DD2 tells me every day at the moment (TV ads are in full swing!) :lmao:. They barely look at the card binder from last year these days.... :confused3.

They have no idea about our double whammy this year though.... ;)

Just checked - I have all those cards. PM me your address and I will send them tomorrow.

We finished our set, apart from the odd silver card.

Rosebug, that would be great thanks - I have several hundred 'swaps' as well so if there are any you need, or did you manage to finish them?

I know, I don't even shop at Morrisons so ended up buying stuff I didn't need! DH went in one day and it was ridiculous - he bought only special card products and lots of them :rolleyes1.

Needed: B4, C4, D6, G4, J9 (sorry, that is 5, not 3 cards!).

To be honest, the more I think about it, I too might leave it alone. DD1 is only interested as she would like to go back to Disneyland. DD2 tells me every day at the moment (TV ads are in full swing!) :lmao:. They barely look at the card binder from last year these days.... :confused3.

They have no idea about our double whammy this year though.... ;)

princess ariel - u live in the same town as me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u dont happen to work at the local morrisons too do u?? (i dont, but its where i shop lol)

so - this time, u get the cards for the products, not eg one pack per £30 spend?

Ah sunny Swad :laughing: yeah I work in the local one.

Thats right, it's not one pack per £30, just on certain products.

No probs, don't worry you didn't sound ungrateful. I think it was a common feeling about the prize last time. Nice to see they took on board the customers comments and have improved the prize.

(EDIT: Oops - I thought I checked the forum to see if anyone had posted details on this, must of missed the other post, sorry guys : ( - Please Close/Delete as seen fit )

Some of the UK peeps here might remember last years tie in with the New Generation Festival at DLP and the card set they released for it : )

Apparently it did well enough for another run. So now Set 2 of the cards are available from today at Morrison's stores. With chances to win a trip to DLP, or "hundreds and thousands" of Disney soft toys.

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/disney/Collect-Disney-cards-in-stores/

Psyched for this, though Morrisons still isn't close enough to me for me to really seriously collect the cards.

We started our collection today - I have to say, I am not impressed with the products that they are available with, it is the most expensive products in each range by the looks of it. Plus, not everything was labelled in our store, even though I was snottily told they were, but I looked at her list and know that some of those things were not labelled as being in the offer.

I think that it should also be that you get a card for every £30 you spend instore too. Limiting it to products isn't great for people who don't have much money but would be willing to do the weekly shop there for the cards iykwim?

Ah well, not sure if we will finish this collection, as it would end up costing us a fortune!

i saw the list and i dont buy most the stuff.... and tbh, dont think im gonna bother..... i cant afford to waste money buyin expensive stuff, espec if i dont win anythin - so think ill put the money i save towards buyin stuff when at disney lol

i saw the list and i dont buy most the stuff.... and tbh, dont think im gonna bother..... i cant afford to waste money buyin expensive stuff, espec if i dont win anythin - so think ill put the money i save towards buyin stuff when at disney lol

Yeah, we are very much going to limit ourselves, the nappies we use are included but only buy 2 packs a month (bedtime only) but we have a few friends and relatives who shop there so they said they would collect for us. It is pretty poor that they don't give you a pack with a minimum spend!

God, it's taken me an age to try and post anything tonight - what is going on with this site these days :confused3.

I went to Morrisons today - literally went to see if they were doing the Disney cakes again (Rapunzel and princesses) like last year but aren't.

I definitely won't be doing this collection. My parents can get me most of the products they are offered on much cheaper as they work for the company that manufacturers them and they have access to a 'company shop' :lmao:.

I would only really go to Morrisons for this collection, don't normally shop there, so for me it's a no brainer, won't be collecting at all.

Rosebug - thanks for the offer for the old collection, will try and pm you although the speed this is going I might give up and try tomorrow :sad2:....

the card packs can be found for pretty reasonable prices on ebay already (or just the cards if that's all your looking for)

DLDPDreams - if you only have a few cards left, there still seem to be regular listings for last years cards online too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter