2024 DVC Annual Dues - Check Your Mail!

Just as a reminder to look into getting a new CC to pay for the annual due to make a easy sign up bonus (ie: I signed up for Chase Ink and sign up bonus is $1K and its a very useful card to have)

For those who don't feel great about the 6.8% Aulani increase (applies to subsidized and non-subsidized) it's worth pointing out that Marriott's Ko'Olina dues went up by about 14% relative to last year.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/marriott-2024-maintenance-fees.357131/#post-2992128

More generally, some increases at Marriotts are out of control this year with Orlando resorts owners reporting 12% (Lakeshore Reserve) and even 17% (Harbour Lake) increases year-over-year in that same thread.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/marriott-2024-maintenance-fees.357131/#post-2992024

As much as I dislike any increase, I also have to admit that it could have been a lot worse across the board...

Last edited:
If I owned VDH and knew it was going to support DL workers earn a living wage I'd feel completely fine with that. We'll see how things go in the coming years
I read the article Appreciate the link and for shame on Disney .

I posted this in the Poly tower spec thread, but can someone who owns PVB check to see how many rooms the budget is based off of.

Wondering if there is any hint in there about the new tower??

At this pace VB annual dues will cost more than you can rent the points out . When this happens the deed will be worthless.
Yeah the nuance there is that VB points in the right season/room/week can still be worth something, but overall it’s an incredibly risky buy with minimal upside and potentially meaningful downside.

I’d personally value a VB contract today at $0 given the forward looking risk. I wouldn’t be surprised to see contract prices fall into the $30s this year.

Anyone interested in what the past few years look like, here's the breakdown:

Perhaps the real reason why they rushed to sell out VGF... RIV went from 0% increase in 2022 to 1.8% in 2023 to 4.1% in 2024. Even if you don't mind the resale restrictions as a direct buyer, would you rather buy one resort and pay roughly $9/point or a different resort (equally luxurious, on the monorail, same sleeping capacities) and pay roughly $7.50/pt? Now, you don't have those choices when it comes to WDW, unless you pay a lot more upfront and are willing to wait for a waitlist to clear.

Last edited:
I’m on month 10 of DVC ownership (and I own at Aulani)— is 6% annual inflation typical or unusual?

Based on booking family vacations this year, I’m guessing hotel rates went up much more than 6%, but I’m still going to be displeased if my dues double within a decade.
seems to be somewhat normal the last 3 years.

If there were a cure for addonitis, this might be it. I love my home resorts of BLT, RIV, and VGF, but times like these, I wish more of my points were at VGF & BLT. I guess I should be thankful that I don't own VB or HH.

Probably HHI. Not on WDW property with high dues.
We love staying at HHI for 1-3 nights on the way to and/or from Florida. Every time we consider buying a 50-100 point contract there (to give us an 11-month advantage in order to book longer stays during peak season), those high dues talk us out of it. We're content to book what we can at 7 months using points with much lower MFs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter