2024 dates for Lunar New Year, Season of the Force, Food & Wine, Pixar Fest & holidays announced!

Will there be Star Wars after hours night like this year?

No official word, just that there are 4 After Dark events planned for the first half of 2024. I'm assuming Star Wars Night will be back since they're doing Season of the Force and that would go hand-in-hand.

The other 3 are certainly fair to speculate on though! Sweethearts? Pride? Retro? Villains? Princess? We'll see!

No official word, just that there are 4 After Dark events planned for the first half of 2024. I'm assuming Star Wars Night will be back since they're doing Season of the Force and that would go hand-in-hand.

The other 3 are certainly fair to speculate on though! Sweethearts? Pride? Retro? Villains? Princess? We'll see!
So you think the SW nights are separate from the After Dark Events?

So you think the SW nights are separate from the After Dark Events?

No, I think it's one of the 4 they said will be happening. I have no inside info, just seems like a natural fit. The other 3 could be any of the other ones they've done before or even something new.

No, I think it's one of the 4 they said will be happening. I have no inside info, just seems like a natural fit. The other 3 could be any of the other ones they've done before or even something new.
Thank you for the info and clarification.

I hope they give specific dates for after dark parties soon. I hope I'm not there for any of them by accident. After having to cancel three non-refundable after dark parties over the past 2 years I'm never trying again lol. And I certainly don't want to be at the parks when they close early for one.

I'm excited for season of the force! I'm curious about this:
"Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will provide fresh perspective on the fireworks above Disneyland park, with galactic music sweeping through the spires."
Galaxy's Edge is such a low key place to watch fireworks. It always reminds me of the end of ROTJ, with the fireworks over Endor. Hopefully they aren't making something new that will make it more crowded.

It's great to know the dates for Christmas next year, but I'm surprised it's a little later.

I hope they give specific dates for after dark parties soon. I hope I'm not there for any of them by accident. After having to cancel three non-refundable after dark parties over the past 2 years I'm never trying again lol. And I certainly don't want to be at the parks when they close early for one.

"Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will provide fresh perspective on the fireworks above Disneyland park, with galactic music sweeping through the spires."
Galaxy's Edge is such a low key place to watch fireworks. It always reminds me of the end of ROTJ, with the fireworks over Endor. Hopefully they aren't making something new that will make it more crowded.

It's great to know the dates for Christmas next year, but I'm surprised it's a little later.
Very good point!

This has me curious, too. It makes me think it’s not a new fireworks show, just different music in that particular area? We’re expecting the Pixar fireworks through the first part of the year, right?

My guess is that at least one will be Sweethearts night since it shows events starting in January. Makes me think the first sweethearts night will be late Jan and will go through Valentine's Day (ish), similar to this year. Just a guess though!

This has me curious, too. It makes me think it’s not a new fireworks show, just different music in that particular area? We’re expecting the Pixar fireworks through the first part of the year, right?
I assume the Pixar Fireworks will run during Pixar Fest which is April 26 - August 4. We'll have to see if they do projections only on weeknights until summer - TBD.

Before Pixar Fest, I think the fireworks show is TBD. I personally bet they do Mickey's Mix Magic after the holidays end in January. They typically do projections only on weeknights and fireworks Fri-Sun. During spring break starting in March they often move fireworks to nightly.

I wonder if they are trying to get the start of the Christmas season away from Veterans Day weekend...
I suspect this is right. Also, if they started the holidays the same weekend as recent years, that would be Friday, 11/8. With Halloween being on Thursday, 10/31 is it possible that turnaround was just too quick for them?

Thanksgiving is also a week later next year - 11/28 vs. 11/23 this year. Obviously, Christmas isn't any later but just some thoughts about the possible reasoning.

It is odd since the holidays are so popular.

I suspect this is right. Also, if they started the holidays the same weekend as recent years, that would be Friday, 11/8. With Halloween being on Thursday, 10/31 is it possible that turnaround was just too quick for them?

Thanksgiving is also a week later next year - 11/28 vs. 11/23 this year. Obviously, Christmas isn't any later but just some thoughts about the possible reasoning.

It is odd since the holidays are so popular.
But that’s the way it was this way in recent years: in 2019 and 2013 Christmas season started Friday 11/8 with thanksgiving accordingly on 11-28 and in 2014 Christmas it even startet Friday 11/7 so even a day earlier…
I honestly can’t believe it has something to do with turnaround time…

But that’s the way it was this way in recent years: in 2019 and 2013 Christmas season started Friday 11/8 with thanksgiving accordingly on 11-28 and in 2014 Christmas it even startet Friday 11/7 so even a day earlier…
I honestly can’t believe it has something to do with turnaround time…
I really think they are leaving that two week opening straight after Halloween to have the official opening of Tiana's new ride. To me thats the only thing that makes sense. As everyone is commenting, Disney knows how popular the Holiday Season is so to push it out by a week when they could be bringing crowds in for all the entertainment/decorations is very odd, particularly given that they are starting Halloween one week early to take advantage of the popularity of that time. I think having a two week window dedicated to Tiana's ride means they will be guaranteed huge numbers of people through the gate at a time when there is usually a lull in attendance between Halloween and the Holiday Season.

I'm new to Disneyland and we'll be visiting next summer. What is PixarFeset? Sounds like a DCA parade and different fireworks, is that correct?

I'm new to Disneyland and we'll be visiting next summer. What is PixarFeset? Sounds like a DCA parade and different fireworks, is that correct?

That's correct. They did it previously in 2018, but this year's announcement is that it's a NEW parade and will be at DCA (there was a parade in 2018, but the 2024 parade will be different from that). The fireworks announced is the same show from 2018 (which was a GREAT show, IMO, especially if you like Pixar movies).

And I'm sure you can expect an abundance of Pixar themed merch, and food/beverage offerings and maaaaaaybe they'll haul out some more characters that you don't get to see all the time.

I assume the Pixar Fireworks will run during Pixar Fest which is April 26 - August 4. We'll have to see if they do projections only on weeknights until summer - TBD.

Before Pixar Fest, I think the fireworks show is TBD. I personally bet they do Mickey's Mix Magic after the holidays end in January. They typically do projections only on weeknights and fireworks Fri-Sun. During spring break starting in March they often move fireworks to nightly.
I think wondrous journeys will be back in January after the holidays as the fireworks show until Pixar fest starts.

With regards to the after hours parties. I think we will see sweethearts nights, Star Wars and pride for sure. It’s the march parties that the theme will probably change like it has in years past.

When do we think the first OBB date will be, based on when the Halloween season starts for 2024?

Hi all, I am excited to check out Pixar Fest this year! I hope we get a foodie guide beforehand. I'm wondering if there will be special food at Lamplight Lounge, and maybe a special menu for the World of Color dessert party. There are so many things they could do for this event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter