2024 dates for Lunar New Year, Season of the Force, Food & Wine, Pixar Fest & holidays announced!

I find this very exciting to release the dates farther in advance. Pixar Fest was fun in 2018 and the fireworks should be a fun treat to see again next summer.

My two main highlights. 1) New parade at DCA (I hope Magic Happens also returns to DL); and 2) Peter Pan returning to Fantasmic (I personally liked the Peter Pan scene and the old Pinocchio marionette sequence).

Why on earth do they start the Christmas season one week later than usually? (I checked the schedule like 10years back…and was certain ist would start 11-8…)

And on top of that announce it sooo early…

I wouldn’t be half as mad I booked exactly that weekend if they had announced it at some point next year and not like 6 days after I booked the non refundable airplane tickets…:confused3

I guess I have ample time to prepare for insane crowds… could have just as well booked thanksgiving… I guess the thanksgiving week will actually less crowds :rolleyes2

Only positive thing: they ought to have all popcorn buckets and sippers in stock…

I just hope that’s the only unpleasant surprise about my trip and that the rest just works out…(unlike my last Christmas family trip) fingers crossed…

This is so helpful thanks for posting. I am trying to decide when to go next year for a Xmas holiday and was tossing up between the week after Veterans Day or the week after Thanksgiving. This has helped me decide as the Holiday events won't actually be starting until the 15th of November which is a week later than this year.

Hmmm I just had a thought. I wonder if the reason they are pushing the date of the Holiday Season back to the 15th of November is because they intend to open Tiana's Bayou Adventure the first week of November. They are only saying late 2024 and I think they would want to open it outside of the holiday period to get the most out of its grand opening but also have it open for the holiday season as well. Just me overthinking things as usual.

Hmmm I just had a thought. I wonder if the reason they are pushing the date of the Holiday Season back to the 15th of November is because they intend to open Tiana's Bayou Adventure the first week of November. They are only saying late 2024 and I think they would want to open it outside of the holiday period to get the most out of its grand opening but also have it open for the holiday season as well. Just me overthinking things as usual.
Could be! Thought I'm hoping it opens before November tbh haha

Could be! Thought I'm hoping it opens before November tbh haha
I actually think their whole opening time line for this ride is really rather silly. Why didn't they time it better so that it would be opening in Summer or early fall when the weather would be more conducive to a wet water ride. Opening it late fall or early Winter seems like a dumb idea to me. I know California weather is pretty stable all year round but still seems a bit strange. I have read on some sites that they think they will push the opening out till early 2025, I mean Spring 2025 seems like a much better idea to me but who knows how Disney comes up with their planning ideas these days. It seems like they are making quite a few strange decisions lately. Guess we shall just have to wait and see. Knowing my luck I will book next years holiday (coming all the way from Australia) based on what I think will be a slower week in the Holiday Season only to find they open the ride the week I am there and we will be swamped with crowds. Oh well c'est la vie.

I actually think their whole opening time line for this ride is really rather silly. Why didn't they time it better so that it would be opening in Summer or early fall when the weather would be more conducive to a wet water ride. Opening it late fall or early Winter seems like a dumb idea to me. I know California weather is pretty stable all year round but still seems a bit strange. I have read on some sites that they think they will push the opening out till early 2025, I mean Spring 2025 seems like a much better idea to me but who knows how Disney comes up with their planning ideas these days. It seems like they are making quite a few strange decisions lately. Guess we shall just have to wait and see. Knowing my luck I will book next years holiday (coming all the way from Australia) based on what I think will be a slower week in the Holiday Season only to find they open the ride the week I am there and we will be swamped with crowds. Oh well c'est la vie.
I don't think it's a decision more than that is simply the timeline the construction team gave them. I think they are using at least part of the WDW crew for it as well so that influences the timeline.

If it was a decision they would know a definitive date.

Now, could they do it faster by hiring more crew? Maybe! But there is only so much that can be built a the same time, so even then it might not actually be much faster.

I don't think it's a decision more than that is simply the timeline the construction team gave them. I think they are using at least part of the WDW crew for it as well so that influences the timeline.

If it was a decision they would know a definitive date.

Now, could they do it faster by hiring more crew? Maybe! But there is only so much that can be built a the same time, so even then it might not actually be much faster.
I agree. I think DL is giving themselves the possibility of an TB opening in Nov. 2024. It is possible.

That would be nice though…
Good thinking!

I also think that there must be a reason why they shorten the Christmas season… it’s a major crowd draw…
and the weeks between Halloween and Christmas time are pretty boring and useless because there is so little going on…

Has anyone heard whether Disney has overhauled their ticketing system for after-hours events? After the OBB ticketing disaster last year, it would be nice to know whether they have figured out a way to improve the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter