2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Is the link yet available for the Hollywood studios events? Im trying to make a calendar event for my husband on 4/4. The link goes live at 11 am est correct?

Is the link yet available for the Hollywood studios events? Im trying to make a calendar event for my husband on 4/4. The link goes live at 11 am est correct?

It should. I have not seen the link yet. I am hoping to get spots for the 13th of September

Is the link yet available for the Hollywood studios events?
The registration link will not be available until 4/3 at the earliest. Those with an on-property resort reservation should receive an email on 4/3 with the registration link.

With the exception of Epcot, they are spreading out the offerings more than in the past. I think that is a good idea. The dates don't overlap with any of my trips this year, but maybe I'll get lucky again sometime. I've been to one (MK), and it was great.

Interesting that there is no MK offered.
Sad that there weren't any for MK, did do the one in Epcot and loved it. Sadly it may be the only one I can attend this year.

The registration link will not be available until 4/3 at the earliest. Those with an on-property resort reservation should receive an email on 4/3 with the registration link.
We have on property reservations but I never get any Dvc emails despite checking my preferences and talking with member services. My husband gets some emails but I really can’t count on us getting the email with the link.

It should. I have not seen the link yet. I am hoping to get spots for the 13th of September
Oh! I thought the registration for September event would go live shortly before September, is it going to be bookable soon? I'll be at WDW in September and I'd like a spot.

I’d think ala WDW you would be able to stay at DLH or PP. Would certainly check on that

If you are going to do a throw-away room, why not just book the cheapest onsite room that will accommodate your family member number?
To get the first round of tickets, you only need to be staying on site anywhere? I thought you had to stay at a DVC resort. Or am I misunderstanding ?

I could book a room at a value or even a tent campsite?

To get the first round of tickets, you only need to be staying on site anywhere? I thought you had to stay at a DVC resort. Or am I misunderstanding ?

I could book a room at a value or even a tent campsite?
Thus far, yes. Twice we’ve booked a bonus trip
On spec thru CRO, hoping to get tix.

It actually is surprising to me that is permissible

Key is to have the reservation in place by the stated cut off day & make sure it’s in ur MDE account

We did have issues last time booking but, I took screen shots & called MS who smoothed it over with appropriate dept while I held on phone

Thus far, yes. Twice we’ve booked a bonus trip
On spec thru CRO, hoping to get tix.

It actually is surprising to me that is permissible

Key is to have the reservation in place by the stated cut off day & make sure it’s in ur MDE account

We did have issues last time booking but, I took screen shots & called MS who smoothed it over with appropriate dept while I held on phone

Did you have to check into room in person, or just do everything online? And never set foot in room.

Oh! I thought the registration for September event would go live shortly before September, is it going to be bookable soon? I'll be at WDW in September and I'd like a spot.

For the onsite early registration, they open it April 4th for both dates...the general registration opens shortly before each date...we have the date booked already! So, we can try and get tickets during the early sign up.

If someone is not staying onsite, then they have to wait to closer to the date.

when the 1st MM Epcot event was announced this year, we decided to book a last-minute DVC bonus trip. Unfortunately, no rooms at the inn. Undeterred, we did manage to book a few days thru CRO at ASMu before the cut off date stipulated by DVC to be eligible to try to book. Also, we are blue card members

i had issues day of, posted here my experience here. Bit nerve-wracking to repeated get an error message. Took multiple screen shots and called MS, who put me on hold and managed to call technical to fix it. She said I was the first member of the day to have that issue, unfortunately, it appeared more than a few others were behind me.

MS deemed it a technical glitch not recognizing non DVC accommodations even though I did receive the email invite the day beforehand. :confused3 . Not that I wish it upon any others, will be interesting to see if the snafu arises again the next round.
But you stayed in the room, correct?

We will be at WDW for 2 weeks, first week our points, second week a friends points, so we couldn't get in with the first round. I'm reading about a throwaway room. Never did it before. Tried search and it seems a big deal for Universal , but nothing mentioned here for a few years.

The cheapest on site would be a tent spot, but I'm not sure of the ins and out. Do we need to show up? Do we need to do anything?

NEVER MIND……..we decide to forget this plan. If it’s pouring rain, we won’t bother to go, so we’ll take our chances with the second round.

Last edited:
For the onsite early registration, they open it April 4th for both dates...the general registration opens shortly before each date...we have the date booked already! So, we can try and get tickets during the early sign up.

If someone is not staying onsite, then they have to wait to closer to the date.
Thanks a lot, I didn't know that! I'll save the date in my calendar.

This is my first time trying to register for moonlight magic. My husband made our reservation. Do I need to use his membership number to register? Or can I use mine?

This is my first time trying to register for moonlight magic. My husband made our reservation. Do I need to use his membership number to register? Or can I use mine?

It needs to be the membership number that the registration is booked on in order to sign up during early registration.

It needs to be the membership number that the registration is booked on in order to sign up during early registration.
I thought we had different membership numbers, even though we share the same membership. Is that not correct? He made the reservation, but it still shows up under my dashboard. I'm just trying to make sure I don't have any issues registering

I thought we had different membership numbers, even though we share the same membership. Is that not correct? He made the reservation, but it still shows up under my dashboard. I'm just trying to make sure I don't have any issues registering

If you both own the DVC together, your membership is the same. You just have your own log in for the DVC site.

Our current checkout date is the 10th, but thinking of staying and making a new reservation for the 10-12th in order to (hopefully) be there. Would you say it's worth it to do this? We've never been lucky enough to have our dates line up with a MM before!

I did only one and it was fun, but I wouldn't book a trip just for it. At the end of the day it's very similar to an after hour event, which can cost $99 per person with the DVC discount. How many of you in your group?
Is it worth for you to spend the points and extra expenses (maybe to reschedule a flight, extra food and tickets) to save $400?
I don't think anything special happens during a MM. There might be some rare characters, that's it.

Thank you for all the helpful information here!
I have two (studio) reservations for the week of the moonlight magic for September 13 ~ 4 People in my studio and I made a reservation for 2 friends in the other studio. I read the details (and direct owner since 2000) but I also asked member services if I am able to get tickets for them (think so). Both times the MS reps. I spoke with were not 100% sure and they told me that I should put my husband also on the second reservation, so now he’s listed twice. Obviously I will only claim him once.
*******my real question is: if the friends do not join us and I cancel their studio, does it just cancel those two people for Moonlight Magic? And can I get five tickets max or am I actually able to get six? They could not answer that question for me.
NOW, Let me go put the reservations in MDE because I didn’t realize I had to do that🙃
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter