2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Thank you for all the helpful information here!
I have two (studio) reservations for the week of the moonlight magic for September 13 ~ 4 People in my studio and I made a reservation for 2 friends in the other studio. I read the details (and direct owner since 2000) but I also asked member services if I am able to get tickets for them (think so). Both times the MS reps. I spoke with were not 100% sure and they told me that I should put my husband also on the second reservation, so now he’s listed twice. Obviously I will only claim him once.
*******my real question is: if the friends do not join us and I cancel their studio, does it just cancel those two people for Moonlight Magic? And can I get five tickets max or am I actually able to get six? They could not answer that question for me.
NOW, Let me go put the reservations in MDE because I didn’t realize I had to do that🙃
Thank you

You will be eligible for however tickets you got for the one studio room remains...so, if you are able to get tickets for both rooms currently booked, then cancel, the tickets go with it. And, once you secure the tickets vis early registration, you are not able to go back and try for more during open registration..

I have a 2 bedroom booked now and we are not sure who of the 8 of us will actually be there, but I have added everyone who is potential so that if everyone does show up, and I have secured the tickets, we have them.

But, the tickets are not tied to any one guest...so, it doesn't matter whose name is on the reservation at the time of getting tickets...the owner just has to be the one to pick up the bands, and the guests have to be there...they do not check any ID to match guests with bands...

thank you Sandisw ~ that is what I thought.
I just added both reservations to MDE and see they changed my husband to lead guest on second room with his cousins next. Good to hear they don’t match the names because maybe if cousins don’t go, my sister will want the res. and I owe her some points!
Now to see if we can get the tickets. Never have been to any MM. I was able to get Epcot for June 2020…and we all know how that went…

But, the tickets are not tied to any one guest...so, it doesn't matter whose name is on the reservation at the time of getting tickets...the owner just has to be the one to pick up the bands, and the guests have to be there...they do not check any ID to match guests with bands...
I'm glad to hear this because my kids are each taking 1 friend. One of the friends is in the Mental Health medical field and even though they have him scheduled off right now sometimes they need him for emergency staffing issues. At least I know now I can switch out the MM tickets . All the other reservations I know I can switch. ( I'm also going for the Sept MM )

Any e-mails come out yet? I literally NEVER get the e-mails even when I qualify, tried member services and every time they tell me I'm all set and every time I get no e-mail, I think it's happens with others who are international (I'm from Ireland)

This is my first time booking with a resale booking (I have both a direct and resale contract) so keeping fingers crossed it works OK for me tomorrow.

Not yet. We expect them sometime today (4/3). I'm sure someone will post the email or the link once the emails arrive.

Good luck to all who would like to attend.

Not yet. We expect them sometime today (4/3). I'm sure someone will post the email or the link once the emails arrive.

Hopefully - I know sometimes they put it up on the DVC website but nothings ever guaranteed with Disney IT lol

Curious to know what MM people prefer most? I've done HS already and unfortunately both of my trips this year (May and September) are HS again which means I'll only get to do one. I feel like MK would be best, I loved doing the paid After Hours there.

Honestly, whether I get an email or not is always a guess. But I’m never concerned because the first place I check for any info or links, is the DIS… in a world of uncertainties, I know I can depend on that! And I’ve never been disappointed lol

Hopefully - I know sometimes they put it up on the DVC website but nothings ever guaranteed with Disney IT lol

Curious to know what MM people prefer most? I've done HS already and unfortunately both of my trips this year (May and September) are HS again which means I'll only get to do one. I feel like MK would be best, I loved doing the paid After Hours there.
I did MM only once before and it was at HS, the same I could get for this September. Last ime Slicky Dog has just opened but no Mickey Mouse or Galaxy Edge yet. All lines for attractions where very short, except SD, which had a very long line all night. I guess there aren't many attractions at the Studios to absorb the crowds.
I too would expect MK to be the best for this very reason.

When does the registration open tomorrow? I'm working the election here in Wisconsin but I can probably take a break and hop on my iPad or laptop for a few minutes.

When does the registration open tomorrow? I'm working the election here in Wisconsin but I can probably take a break and hop on my iPad or laptop for a few minutes.

11:00 am based on previous ones.

We don't know for sure. But if past registration events are any guide, it has been 11 AM. You can go on the site ahead of that and at 11 am you will be assigned a random number in the queue.

The emails should contain all the info - and again, I 'm sure some kind soul will post when the emails start arriving. In the meantime, I'd book mark the link @zavandor provided above. Reasonably sure that is the page where the link to the registration/queue assignments will happen.

Last edited:
For those who have registered before. Is there any way to check what the queue ID is? I want to make sure that the links I have open aren't all the same.

You can do the following on chrome.

Right click and inspect
CTRL-F 'id'
The second one in the list says <meta id='queue-it-log' data-user-id='UNIQUE ID NUMBER'
For those who have registered before. Is there any way to check what the queue ID is? I want to make sure that the links I have open aren't all the same.

Could you let us know how you make out? I'm trying to get the in with the second round and have no idea how to do / or what to look for.
Registration process is fairly straight forward. Click link to enter the queue and when it's your time to register, enter your DVC membership number. It will ask for the number of guests you are registering for (max is 5 during general registration) and there will be a series of check boxes that you must check to agree to what's listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter