• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 Goals

2023 Goals Week 52 End of year update!

Financial

✔WDW Vacation Fund 50/week
2600 / 2600
Easy goal to complete, just a simple weekly trasfer

✔Brokerage Account
18227 / 7500
Smashed ts goal, put a lot of extra cash into the market for retirement when the market was down a couple of times this year. I think future self will than me for this! :)

✔Roth
2500 / 2500
Again small win for future retirment, I know not the max that I could of put in but my time horizon is not long (4-5 years) so I want my future investment a bit moe liquid at this point

✔New Car Fund
2000 / 2000
Another year of saving towards a new car. This now gives me 5K to use as a future down payment (still at least a year to go before we buy new car to replace the older car

✔Cut Discretionary Spending 20%
This worked well but it is getting harder each year as we keep shaving off expenses (buy a lot less stuff and waste less food!)

✔Eat out no more than 4x/month (preferably less)
46 / 48
We do like our once a week eat out but want ot try and make it a bit less for next year!

✔Run Annual Credit Reports
Simple and done usually at tax time

Life
✔Read 40 Books
40 / 40
It is fun trying to get through my to be read pile and then decided if the book is a keeper or a goner!

✔Less Procrastination (if it takes 15 minutes or less to do, just get it done!)
120 / 52
It is amazing just how much can be done, when you simply just do thesmall things instead of putting them off!

✔Adventure
Spend a mini vacation someplace new (in addition to our yearly WDW vacation)
Spent the better part of a week in Salt Lake City last July

Health
Lose 30 lbs
18 / 30
Did not get rid of as much as I wanted but did drop 18lbs so it is still a major win!

✔Spend more time outdoors
396 / 208 hours (4 hours/week average)
More time outdoors has been good for me, keeps me a bit more energized!

House

✔Keep kitchen counter and table cleaned off
260 / 260 days
This made a hige difference in our home this year!

✔Declutter 500 items
728 / 500
Can't really tell that we got rid of a bunch of stuff, because most of it was small items that take up little space and are not usually seen :(

Some of these items have been on my list for several years and need to get done!
✔Make a materials and cost estimation list for downstairs remodel project
List of material by room completed and now just need to start accumulating the materials and hire my contractor to complete 3 of the remodel tasks

Reinsulate the basement
Label Individual circuits in house panel

Did not get these 2 tasks done but they are on next years list so maybe if time/money permits!

✔Install tile for upstairs bathroom
Upstairs bathroom finished and looks good!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter