2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen if the Florida Blue Lounge is coming back this year? Went last year and it was such a great break from the heat, was hoping to go again this year.

Has anyone seen if the Florida Blue Lounge is coming back this year? Went last year and it was such a great break from the heat, was hoping to go again this year.
I haven't seen anything. The Norway restaurant (not going to attempt to spell it correctly, LOL) is back open and allegedly Restaurant Marrakesh is getting reworked. Agree that breaks from the heat are so welcome. Wish they'd use World Showplace (between UK and Canada). Definitely will miss the Appleseed Orchard in Canada this year. If you haven't invested in a handheld or wear around the neck battery-powered fan, strongly recommend. It's a lifesaver!

Unfortunately, no.

If the special events do not return next year, I'd guess they will not be returning in the future.
Sort of surprised and very disappointed - as I understand it they were quite profitable.
For example the presenters brought in the alcohol for the seminars at no cost to Disney and paid a fee to be there as I understand it

There were so many amazing events over the years and really for me the primary reason to do F&W
Making sushi with Morimoto.
Dinner with Todd English (and other "celebrity" chefs)
The Trader Sam's events.
Meeting the founders or the family members of many of the companies who could tell the story of the product.

These are the things that made it worthwhile for me

There hasn’t been a F&W magic band released yet for this year, has there?
We’re wanting them for our trip next month but I haven’t seen any…

Sort of surprised and very disappointed - as I understand it they were quite profitable.
For example the presenters brought in the alcohol for the seminars at no cost to Disney and paid a fee to be there as I understand it

There were so many amazing events over the years and really for me the primary reason to do F&W
Making sushi with Morimoto.
Dinner with Todd English (and other "celebrity" chefs)
The Trader Sam's events.
Meeting the founders or the family members of many of the companies who could tell the story of the product.

These are the things that made it worthwhile for me
Same here! I attended F&W for at least 8 consecutive years, maybe more. One thing that I noticed was that as Disney began to charge for the beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations, fewer people attended. At one time, most of them would be sold out. But when Disney started to charge and the price for each one reached around $14 to $15 per person, many of the seminars/demonstrations would only be half full. Disney then started to reduce the number of these because of the lack of interest.

There hasn’t been a F&W magic band released yet for this year, has there?
We’re wanting them for our trip next month but I haven’t seen any…
No, I don't remember seeing one when info on the merchandise for this year's festival was revealed.

No, I don't remember seeing one when info on the merchandise for this year's festival was revealed.
Do you happen to know if there are F&W specific MB every year?
I’d not, we may just pick out some different ones since our trip starts in 31 days! 🎉

Do you happen to know if there are F&W specific MB every year?
I’d not, we may just pick out some different ones since our trip starts in 31 days! 🎉
Yes, usually there is a magic band themed to the Food & Wine Festival. Usually there is one for annual passholders and then another one everyone else. No sure why there is not one for this year? Maybe there were issues with the F&W versions not selling that well?

Yes, usually there is a magic band themed to the Food & Wine Festival. Usually there is one for annual passholders and then another one everyone else. No sure why there is not one for this year? Maybe there were issues with the F&W versions not selling that well?
Thanks- I guess I’ll keep a look out for them for another week or so.
Or maybe we just get them once we are there so as not to worry about them being delivered in time for our trip.

So I'm trying to plan and prioritize what I want to eat but I have a question that could heavily influence that lol: Has any item ever sold out or stopped being sold in a day? Because I'm trying to decide if I need to go for the Cheese Soup or the Raclette first and that'll decide which direction and booths I start and end with (I'm trying to cut down on a lot of back and forth but, rest assured that if I have to, I will run all over the showcase to have both! 🤣 )

So I'm trying to plan and prioritize what I want to eat but I have a question that could heavily influence that lol: Has any item ever sold out or stopped being sold in a day? Because I'm trying to decide if I need to go for the Cheese Soup or the Raclette first and that'll decide which direction and booths I start and end with (I'm trying to cut down on a lot of back and forth but, rest assured that if I have to, I will run all over the showcase to have both! 🤣 )
IMHO, they hardly ever run out of things. Yes, it does happen occasionally but it's nothing predictable.

Suggestion, plan on two days at F&W. Start one day to the left and the second day to the right. I find that by the time I get half way around that I'm full and can't do justice to the rest of the booths.

IMHO, they hardly ever run out of things. Yes, it does happen occasionally but it's nothing predictable.

Suggestion, plan on two days at F&W. Start one day to the left and the second day to the right. I find that by the time I get half way around that I'm full and can't do justice to the rest of the booths.
Unfortunately I've only got 1 day at Epcot, so I'm going for completing Emile's Fromage challenge and anything extra is just bonus.

Thanks for the info! I might start in Canada and then book it to the Alps just to guarantee I get both!

I have booked an Eat to the Beat Dining reservation for La Cellier. My question: Is the full menu available for the app, main course and desert?

TIA!

I have booked an Eat to the Beat Dining reservation for La Cellier. My question: Is the full menu available for the app, main course and desert?

TIA!
Yes, that is correct. Each member of your party can select one appetizer, one entrée, and one dessert from the restaurant's menu.

Does anyone know if there are any beverages that come with a souvenir cup (besides the prize for the Emile challenge)? When I was at Festival of the Arts this year the Encanto booth had a smoothie that came in the cutest cup. I use the cup everyday - we’ll be at F&W next weekend and I’d love to get one from this festival if there’s anything similar.

Does anyone know if there are any beverages that come with a souvenir cup (besides the prize for the Emile challenge)? When I was at Festival of the Arts this year the Encanto booth had a smoothie that came in the cutest cup. I use the cup everyday - we’ll be at F&W next weekend and I’d love to get one from this festival if there’s anything similar.
The pickle milkshake and frozen fusion, both at the Brew-Wing Lab, come with souvenir plastic cups.

The pickle milkshake and frozen fusion, both at the Brew-Wing Lab, come with souvenir plastic cups.
Perfect, thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for - I had seen the pickle milkshake, but the frozen fusion cup is a great match to the Festival of the Arts cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter