2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is everyone thinking of the food. I just went through the list of food and i found maybe 2 things I would actually eat from the pics. When I read the wording for each I found ALOT of stuff that really peeked my interest and then I looked at the pics and was totally let down. The wings are really the only thing I'll try and I know mine are prob better that I make at home. It's such a let down anymore. Last year we tried 4 things and gave up. Heading out of the park and had a quick bite over in the revamped cafe. That chicken sandwich was the best thing I had. It's just so sad anymore.

what is everyone thinking of the food. I just went through the list of food and i found maybe 2 things I would actually eat from the pics. When I read the wording for each I found ALOT of stuff that really peeked my interest and then I looked at the pics and was totally let down. The wings are really the only thing I'll try and I know mine are prob better that I make at home. It's such a let down anymore. Last year we tried 4 things and gave up. Heading out of the park and had a quick bite over in the revamped cafe. That chicken sandwich was the best thing I had. It's just so sad anymore.

For me and my daughter, the opposite - here are all the things we tried over our two days of Epcot visits just recently:
  • Shimmering Sips - Mimosa Flight, Emile's Fromage Prize: enjoyed both very much!
  • France - Beignet with three-cheese blend: ok, but not as cheesy as we expected
  • Greece - Griddled Cheese with Pistachios and Honey: found this very flavorful and enjoyable
  • Belgium - Beer-Braised Beef with smoked gouda mashed potatoes: very delicious and good comfort food
  • Brazil - Black Beans with Pork Belly, Brazil nut pesto and white rice: only disappointment here was the rice as it was undercooked
  • Japan - Beef Wa-Gyu Don: very delicious (better rice too!) and an economical introduction to Wagyu beef
  • Flavors of America - Carrot Cake with cream cheese icing: what an indulgence...it was delicious!
  • Spain - Sangria Flight: probably the only real disappointment; the red was not to our liking at all, and the two whites were pretty forgettable
  • Germany - Schinkennudeln: this was delicious; heavy, so we are glad we split it
  • The Alps - Warm Raclette Swiss with Alpine Ham, baby potatoes, cornichons and baguette and a Frozen Rose': we could have eaten a second one...loved this dish a lot. The frozen rose' was delicious
  • China - Crispy Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin sauce and the Pan-Fried Chicken Dumplings with house-made sweet and spicy sauce: Ooooooh that duck...ranked in the top three dishes for us. The sauce on the dumplings was good, just the right amount of heat
  • Mexico - Braised pork tostada with fried corn, black beans, avocado mouse, queso fresco along with the braised beef short rib taco on corn tortilla with salsa de chile morita, avocado mousse and spring onions, plus a Trouble in Paradise Margarita: both dishes very tasty and we loved the margarita...very refreshing!!
  • Hawaii - Kalua Pork Slider and the Passion Fruit Cheesecake plus the sparkling pineapple wine: huge flavor in that slider...a top dish for us and the cheesecake was a delightful surprise. The wine was very good too.
  • Wine and Wedge - Boursin Fig and Balsamic Souffle with fig and the assorted artisanal cheeses and accompaniments, plus the Riesling offering: we both enjoy the flavor of fig and these dishes did not disappoint; the cheese variety was very nice and the wine paired well
We didn't go for anything that we felt we could get at home. If we had more time, we'd have tried a lot more.

Last edited:
We just returned from 3 days at festival. We have been going for years. Nice trip but we agreed that if they don't bring back the demos and the luncheons, next year will be our last F&W.

We just returned from 3 days at festival. We have been going for years. Nice trip but we agreed that if they don't bring back the demos and the luncheons, next year will be our last F&W.
I'm local-ish so I'm sure I'll continue to go but agree that it's nothing like it used to be and if I had to travel farther, I would no longer be planning a trip around it like I used to. The other festivals are much more fun. I wasn't even really wowed by the food this year. And goodness it's so hot in August and September.

Hi everyone! A quick question about paying at the booths with a gift card. In the past I’ve used a physical GC but I will be going with a digital one this year. Is it possible to pay with a digital one, can I add it to my apple wallet and they can scan it? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! A quick question about paying at the booths with a gift card. In the past I’ve used a physical GC but I will be going with a digital one this year. Is it possible to pay with a digital one, can I add it to my apple wallet and they can scan it? Thanks so much!

Yep, they scan the barcode on your apple wallet. Did that in September!

Our first visit was way back on 2000, and it was a time when I knew nothing about F&W and with little kids, we didn't spend a lot of time exploring anything.

This year my daughter and I went in September and we had a blast - maybe because we didn't experience the other events that haven't returned, but I know we really enjoyed it and can't wait to return. Tastings/cooking demos will be icing on the cake if they return.

We just got back from 12 days, and didn't purchase a single kiosk item. The items weren't priced for grazing, IMO. Instead we had nice dinners at BlueZoo, Jiko (twice!), and California Grill, and attended the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Causeway event. Next year will be a shorter trip unless the demos and special events come back. (oh, and we also went off property and had a nice dinner at Four Flamingos).

We just got back from 12 days, and didn't purchase a single kiosk item. The items weren't priced for grazing, IMO. Instead we had nice dinners at BlueZoo, Jiko (twice!), and California Grill, and attended the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Causeway event. Next year will be a shorter trip unless the demos and special events come back. (oh, and we also went off property and had a nice dinner at Four Flamingos).
Jiko twice is the way to travel!! I'd love to hear more about your experience at the Swan and Dolphin event and also Four Flamingos (if not in this thread then in dining reviews). :flower3:

Another Epcot Food & Wine Festival has come and gone. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this year's thread!

Fingers crossed that we'll have more to discuss for next year's festival with the possible return of the seminars and demonstrations.

Last edited:
A recent aerial view of World Celebration. Rumors are that Communicore Hall & Plaza will not open when the remainder of the area opens in the next week or so. Hopefully, Disney will have Communicore Hall & Plaza open by July 2024!

Attachments

• 1701103270727.png
    1701103270727.png
    641.4 KB · Views: 5
Another update on Communicore Hall & Plaza. Maybe will be completed in time for the 2024 Festival?

https://mickeyblog.com/2024/03/11/exciting-progress-happening-on-communicore-hall-in-epcot/
Sure hope so. If for nothing else then just to take down the walls. It's a mess right now. The DisneyLAND F&W festival in CA has continued to feature celebrity chef demos so I'm hopeful. When do we think they'd have to start planning the '24 festival? Around now? I'm not sure the team that used to do all the booking and planning is even still there.

Sure hope so. If for nothing else then just to take down the walls. It's a mess right now. The DisneyLAND F&W festival in CA has continued to feature celebrity chef demos so I'm hopeful. When do we think they'd have to start planning the '24 festival? Around now? I'm not sure the team that used to do all the booking and planning is even still there.
In the past, the planning for the next year's festival started almost as soon as the current one ended.

Don't know if that is still true. Most of the menus for the marketplace kiosks don't change much from year to year anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter