• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Candlelight Processional dining package

I wonder if you can’t modify if maybe putting the “extra people” on the reservation as infants would work? Technically then you weren’t going to be charged for them anyway.
This is what I did when I was unable to find a Rose and Crown Fireworks package reservation for 2. Booked for 3 and made the 3rd person an infant. Then when we arrived, said we didn’t have 3rd person with is. Charged only for the 2 adults we put on the reservation.

How are they handling it if an extra person shows up for the reservation? I have a group of 2, but another friend is uncertain if she will go on the trip and probably won't decide until after my ADR date. I don't want to be charged for her if she doesn't go. But also don't want her to miss out if she does go.

You don’t choose your show time… it is stated on your reservation. If there is no time given, then you probably don’t have a CP reservation but just a regular reservation.

Check your reservation. It tells you which show.
Debbie Jean: it was stated on my confirmation. That was not the question. Question is: can I see an earlier show than what is stated on my reservaton?

Nice! Just a word of caution out of experience - for a fixed-price event, the restaurant may not always forgive the extra person not showing up for dinner. We tried this for Rose & Crown fireworks package... booked 3 when we needed 2... tried calling in advance to edit it, and they wouldn't... tried our luck with only 2 of us showing up... they were apologetic, but we had to pay for that 3rd space. I know some places may forgive it or maybe restaurant reservations not tied to an event, but not always. If I do this in the future, I will make sure it is modified before we arrive or I will cancel it.

For that event package, it was the full event price. We tried to call in advance to cancel the third - no luck. Tried our luck with showing up with only 2 of us... not so lucky.
This is a solo trip for me so I'm guessing I will not be able to find a table of one for this year's candlelight package once my window opens this Tuesday.

Debbie Jean: it was stated on my confirmation. That was not the question. Question is: can I see an earlier show than what is stated on my reservaton?
No. The badges (stickers actually) you get after your meal will have your show time printed on them. The restaurant will not give you a different show time.

I don't see anywhere to modify the party number online- this has to be done over the phone correct? I had to book 3 as well for a party of 2.

I don't see anywhere to modify the party number online- this has to be done over the phone correct? I had to book 3 as well for a party of 2.
I know once I booked my resort and park tickets, that when I needed to change my tickets from day only to park hopper, I had to call in to modify my reservation. I'm guessing that will be the same here. I went to MDE to try and manage reservations, for my booked CP dining packages, I only see the option to cancel the reservation. If I go to update guests, there is no option to add/delete # of guests only change the guest.

Nothing is available on my days but Coral Reef. Meh.
Probably doesn't help, but if you choose the lunch time frame, that would likely open up (more expensive) LeCellier as an option. About 3 hours after I had booked at the opening bell I checked availability and out of 7 days only two days still had very limited availability, only at R&C and Coral Reef.

Just got our time booked for Garden Grill! Earlier time than I want to eat but got the show time we wanted on the day we wanted so I count that as a win. 🎉 We had the first show last year (and ate at Rose and Crown) so I’m excited to see it later and try a different restaurant.

Does anyone know if you can eat a meal with family that has the dining package and you just have a regular reservation? I’d like to eat with my parents but we 1) won’t eat an app, entree, and dessert and 2) have small children that will not sit through the whole performance so I’d hate to spend the money on the seat. I know my parents love the Candlelight Processional so guaranteed seats would be great for them. We would likely drop them off at the show.

(I do realize we would have to be able to find both reservations at the same time)

That said, I hopped on this morning (5:33 a.m. to be exact, LOL) and was able to get 2 people reservation without issue - I couldn't get my first choice of Garden Grill (except at a time we couldn't make it), but could have had any of the other 4.
Can I ask why Garden Grill was your first choice? I'm having trouble deciding what restaurant!

Does anyone know if you can eat a meal with family that has the dining package and you just have a regular reservation? I’d like to eat with my parents but we 1) won’t eat an app, entree, and dessert and 2) have small children that will not sit through the whole performance so I’d hate to spend the money on the seat. I know my parents love the Candlelight Processional so guaranteed seats would be great for them. We would likely drop them off at the show.

(I do realize we would have to be able to find both reservations at the same time)
I'm not sure how, because not only would each party have to have a reservation at the same time, not sure how you would get it coordinated for table size. I guess I would try to coordinate and book two parties at the same time, separate ADRs, one regular and one CP, then call and see if you can have the seating arrangements combined at one table. Not sure how else you would do it.

Can I ask why Garden Grill was your first choice? I'm having trouble deciding what restaurant!
I wanted to meet Mickey and the characters, and the character interaction here is amazing! Plus the food is really good - so between the characters and the guaranteed CP seats, I felt the value was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter