2022 Candlelight Processional dining package

Hitchhiking Ghost

Mouseketeer
Just wondering as we haven't been down to WDW since 2015 and last time down at Christmas time was 2012. We have bookings for 1st week of December and the CP is one of our favorite things to do. Just wondering, have they released CP dining packages yet for 2022 (I get an error on Disney site)? If they haven't, is there a "usual" time to expect the announcement? I guess as an aside, any idea if Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party will return in 2022? I don't plan on attending, moreso to plan on which days to stay away from the MK. Thanks.

Historical release dates for the Candlelight Processional Dining Packages
  • 2021 – October 26, 2021.
  • 2020 – N/A.
  • 2019 – Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
  • 2018 – Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
  • 2017 – Saturday, June 30, 2017.
  • 2016 – Thursday, June 30, 2016.
Thanks. My recollection was that it used to be late June or early July. I thought I had read something but it must have been referring to 2021, which would explain why I got an error when trying to access the CP dining package page.

yeah, they have not been released for 2022 yet. They are just now coming up with the Eat to the Beat dining packages which may have been what you saw.

It is better for Disney to release info closer to fall so there is a fuller list of celebrity's narrator's.

It is better for Disney to release info closer to fall so there is a fuller list of celebrity's narrator's.

Maybe... I would say that with now going into years of shortages/limits, a huge FOMO fear has set in the consumer base. Spending Christmas Eve in Epcot is an "almost" yearly event for us, even if it is the only time we visit the parks, it is the goal most years. We are happy to be there regardless of whom the presenter is. I do not think most people feel or believe they could wait; we have been primed to pre-pay/order because of fear of "supply chain issue X". People are buying brand new cars without ever test driving them, the inventory is sold before it ever hits the lot.

TL : DR, these sell out in less than a week being on the market. Speculation or fear of scarcity is strong in the dark side these days. It has affected consumer spending in real ways, I will be waiting online the moment they are available. Thankfully, I’m an early riser.

Keep in mind that prior to 2020, all ADR's could be made 180 days out, so it made sense that they needed to put the dining packages out in June / July. But now with ADR's being made only 60 days out, there really is no need to put them out that early.

I don't think it matters whether or not the full list of narrators is out. Guests can always rebook if they want a different narrator or cancel if they don't like the one assigned. These days it's probably better to grab the day you want and see what turns up later. A lot of booking for this package is for a specific day without regard to who the narrator is, a bit different from the concert packages at the other festivals.

Maybe... I would say that with now going into years of shortages/limits, a huge FOMO fear has set in the consumer base. Spending Christmas Eve in Epcot is an "almost" yearly event for us, even if it is the only time we visit the parks, it is the goal most years. We are happy to be there regardless of whom the presenter is. I do not think most people feel or believe they could wait; we have been primed to pre-pay/order because of fear of "supply chain issue X". People are buying brand new cars without ever test driving them, the inventory is sold before it ever hits the lot.

TL : DR, these sell out in less than a week being on the market. Speculation or fear of scarcity is strong in the dark side these days. It has affected consumer spending in real ways, I will be waiting online the moment they are available. Thankfully, I’m an early riser.
I'll be watching too. Nothing yet.

So ready for these to be released. It's the last thing I need to book. We aren't making any other ADR's other than CP. I have a particular date in mind. Don't really care who the narrator is. Just want to cross this off my list of things to do :)

It was such a random mess last year. Hopefully, the reservation openings will be announced ahead of time. The dining IT seems to be so quirky now.

Bumping this up, haven't seen anything come out. I'm guessing nothing has been released yet.
Booking for the 2021 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages opened on October 26th.

In 2019, they opened up for sale on July 3.

So it's anyone's guess.

Bumping this one... thinking maybe it will be the same 60 day window that ADRs are... so early September for the first November dates (fingers crossed). Though the Special Party Dining for the Halloween Party (CRT / BOG) didn't show up until a bit past the 60-day window, so eh...

Our Christmas Party isn't until Dec. 1, so going to keep checking...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter