2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

Was checking out the menus with pricing and Kung Fu Punch (renamed Kung Fu Master) is now $13.50? Wonder why such a big price increase.

Fun, albeit incredibly hot, day today. Blogs and vlogs are covering better than I can (and, yes, there were a ton of them - to the point some were almost disruptive).

A couple of tidbits:

Restaurant Marrakesh (rear of Morocco pavilion) is now open as an air-conditioned area. No food served in there but could bring food in. Center area where the dancer is/was is roped off. Hardly anyone goes that far back in the pavilion (shops are still closed) so we had it to ourselves.

Speaking of, the new set up in Tangierine Cafe is great. Since that's open, what has always been the Morocco booth is now the Greece booth. Kinda odd. I loved the architecture of the "old" Greece booth.

And- side note - the new bathrooms in Morocco are great too - beautiful tilework.

All booths are up - even those not opening until October. Passport also features all booths.

World ShowPlace is NOT being used. I am hopeful that means that it could be used for events in the future.

Rotunda set-up is a bit odd. Order outside, small kitchen prep area in the foyer, bring food into rotunda. Plentiful tables. I was in there before the shows started - imagine it will get pretty crowded just before show times.

Prize for Remy scavenger hunt is choice of one of four small plastic bowls (~1 cup in capacity) with either Figment, Remy, Minnie& Mickey or Belle ... imagine could use for snacks or meal prep.

Lots of merchandise booths.

Will attempt to add photos later.

Editing to add: without exception, every cast member I interacted with today was so happy and excited to be there. A lot of College Program but it was really lovely to see and added to the mood. I still miss and am anxious for the international CMs to return but this was great.

Last edited:
where can we buy the Remy game? Do we have to start at the Canada side?
I bought mine at a booth near Germany because the other booths I passed (I entered via International Gateway and walked toward France) had longer lines than I was interested in waiting in. Worth noting that there was no obvious sign the maps were available at this booth ... I was getting a corksicle and just happened to ask. Redemption for prize is limited to just a few stores - know Disney Traders is one but forget others.

I follow maybe 3 vloggers- DIS Unplugged, Paging Mr. Morrow, AllEars... I don't blame them for doing it...they are helpful and often entertaining. All of them probably have APs and can bounce around the parks at their leisure (park pass permitting). In fact you could say I am a little jealous

What does stink is that I am sure they clog up limited ticket events, especially on the first night, and people on vacation for that week have less chance to participate.

I absolutely guarantee at least 50% of the crowd at Boo Bash opening night will be vloggers and I cannot participate partially because of this (and to be fair I wasn't going to wait 5 hours on the phone when tickets went on sale) as I will be there that week.

Did someone say there were signs in the MK that said "no streaming?"

Good luck enforcing that,

Personally, I think the hate on the vloggers is unfair. For those of us that can't get there at all, it's valuable information. If I am there at the start of a festival or event, I get very fast feedback on what it out there and what people are saying about it. Not to mention, just because someone is filming on their camera or phone, doesn't mean they're a vlogger. I have some friends that take great quality video on vacation to share with the kids and other family and friends that aren't there.

The information the vloggers provide is fun (if you find ones you like) and free marketing for Disney. They have paid the same amount as me for their AP (well, less cuz they're local I imagine) and are there sharing their experience with everyone that wants to watch. For free. I appreciate them. I would have a huge issue with MK putting up a 'no streaming' sign. The vloggers know what they can and cannot stream (example, no streaming or pics backstage) and generally show great respect for those restrictions. No streamer with a good reputation is going to ruin that by breaking a rule.

@Heather07438 - were these all pre-made, or did it seem like you could leave off the bacon?

I'm so annoyed at all the pork/meat products being put onto food that would otherwise be vegetarian. I was really excited about Emile's Fromage Montage, but then realized that 3 of the 5 "cheese" products have meat in them. And TWO different s'mores desserts that my family would have otherwise loved, (IMO) ruined.

Did someone say there were signs in the MK that said "no streaming?"

Good luck enforcing that,

My understanding is that streaming within the parks is still allowed. and the "no streaming" applies to the "back areas" only.

I appreciate the vloggers; they bring Disney to those of us who can not attend.

We are heading to Disney in a few weeks and Disney may thank the vloggers for helping us make that decision,

My understanding is that streaming within the parks is still allowed. and the "no streaming" applies to the "back areas" only.

I appreciate the vloggers; they bring Disney to those of us who can not attend.

We are heading to Disney in a few weeks and Disney may thank the vloggers for helping us make that decision,
To me, the vloggers are priceless. We can only get to Disney about every 3-4 years. The last time we were there was in 2017, which is about 500 years in Disney time. So much changes all the time and we can stay up to date on things :wizard:

Hi all! Our first Food and Wine visit this year (August). Does anyone have tips of how we can find spots in the shade (or even better--air conditioning) to eat some things? Apologize if this is a stupid question, but as excited as we are to try lots of booths, I am concerned we will give up very quickly if the only option is to stand around in the sun to eat. As I mentioned....August!! :)
Ive just read that although the restaurant in the back of Morocco is closed, the building itself is open for guests to walk in and sit down, even with food!

My wife and I ate both lunch and dinner at the festival today. It was pretty packed, especially in the evening. It was also very hot. I loaded up on SPF 100 sunscreen and still got a pretty bad sunburn on my face. We skipped the France booth because there were literally 50+ people in line, maybe more.

Here are my rankings of the items we tried:

Great
- Maple Boursin Cheesecake (Refreshment Port) - 10.0 - This has always been great, and this year is no exception.
- Corned Beef Corner Route (Flavors From Fire) - 9.0 - Ours had a comically large amount of beef.

Very Good
- Spicy Hako Sushi (Japan) - 8.5 - Only two pieces, but very tasty and quite spicy.
- Roasted Porchetta (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 8.0 - Potatoes were very plain, but pork was tender and flavorful.
- Beef/Chicken/Lamb Kabobs (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - All 3 meats were very good. Beef and chicken were cold, but still tasty.
- Chilaquiles con Chorizo (Mexico) - 8.0 - Really flavorful chorizo and salsa verde.
- La Clasica Reyes Margarita (Mexico) - 8.0 - Nice spicy kick. Best festival margarita in a while.
- Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 8.0 - Large portion loaded with chocolate. Wife's favorite item of the festival so far.

Good
- Stone-Baked Moroccan Bread (Tangierine Cafe) - 7.5 - Bread was fresh and the three dips were all good.
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart (Rotundra Bistro) - 7.5 - Flavor is subtle but nice.
- Pistachio Cake (Tangierine Cafe) - 7.5 - Very basic and light.
- Griddled Cheese (Greece) - 7.0 - Not as good as the previous version. I think it's a different cheese.

Decent
-
Tempura Shrimp Sando (Japan) - 6.5 - Ours had barely any crab or green onions. It was literally a tempura shrimp on a Hawaiian type roll. Not bad at all, just underwhelming.
- Schinkennudeln (Germany) - 6.0 - I usually really like this, but this serving was greasy and kind of gummy.
- Soy-Glazed Sticky Ribs (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 6.0 - Sauce had a good flavor, but both ribs had lots of weird little chewy/hard bits that made them hard to eat.

Mediocre
- Crispy Barbecue Pork Rinds (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 5.0 - These were really hard and hurt our teeth. Pimento cheese was decent.
- Schofferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweisen (Germany) - 5.0 - I'm not really a beer guy, but the grapefruit version is much better.

Bad
- Teriyaki-Sesame Wings (Brew-Wing) - 4.0 - These were really sour.
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings (Brew-Wing) - 3.0 - I ate two. First was meh but not terrible. Second tasted like a used dish rag. Both were really dry.
- Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 2.0 - We usually love this. But it was literally served hot. The meringue was melting, and the pastry cream and fruit were very warm. It was gross. They need to keep these refrigerated before serving.

Mexico and Tangierine Cafe were the clear winners of day 1. We stayed at the Swan tonight, and will be back for lunch tomorrow. We'll definitely be hitting up France, China, and Hawaii, and finishing the cheese stroll.

On a side note, my wife was super excited because she got to talk to the Trackers.

Last edited:
My wife and I ate both lunch and dinner at the festival today. It was pretty packed, especially in the evening. It was also very hot. I loaded up on SPF 100 sunscreen and still got a pretty bad sunburn on my face. We skipped the France booth because there were literally 50+ people in line, maybe more.

Great
- Maple Boursin Cheesecake (Refreshment Port) - 10.0 - This has always been great, and this year is no exception.
- Corned Beef Corner Route (Flavors From Fire) - 9.0 - Ours had a comically large amount of beef.

Very Good
- Spicy Hako Sushi (Japan) - 8.5 - Only two pieces, but very tasty and quite spicy.
- Roasted Porchetta (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 8.0 - Potatoes were very plain, but pork was tender and flavorful.
- Beef/Chicken/Lamb Kabobs (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - All 3 meats were very good. Beef and chicken were cold, but still tasty.
- Chilaquiles con Chorizo (Mexico) - 8.0 - Really flavorful chorizo and salsa verde.
- La Clasica Reyes Margarita (Mexico) - 8.0 - Nice spicy kick. Best festival margarita in a while.
- Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 8.0 - Large portion loaded with chocolate. Wife's favorite item of the festival so far.

Good
- Stone-Baked Moroccan Bread (Tangierine Cafe) - 7.5 - Bread was fresh and the three dips were all good.
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart (Rotundra Bistro) - 7.5 - Flavor is subtle but nice.
- Griddled Cheese (Greece) - 7.0 - Not as good as the previous version. I think it's a different cheese.

Decent
-
Tempura Shrimp Sando (Japan) - 6.5 - Ours had barely any crab or green onions. It was literally a tempura shrimp on a Hawaiian type roll. Not bad at all, just underwhelming.
- Schinkennudeln (Germany) - 6.0 - I usually really like this, but this serving was greasy and kind of gummy.
- Soy-Glazed Sticky Ribs (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 6.0 - Sauce had a good flavor, but both ribs had lots of weird little chewy/hard bits that made them hard to eat.

Mediocre
- Crispy Barbecue Pork Rinds (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 5.0 - These were really hard and hurt our teeth. Pimento cheese was decent.
- Schofferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweisen (Germany) - 5.0 - I'm not really a beer guy, but the grapefruit version is much better.

Bad
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings (Brew-Wing) - 3.0 - I ate two. First was meh but not terrible. Second tasted like a used dish rag. Both were really dry.
- Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 2.0 - We usually love this. But it was literally served hot. The meringue was melting, and the pastry cream and fruit were very warm. It was gross. They need to keep these refrigerated before serving.

Mexico and Tangierine Cafe were the clear winners of day 1. We stayed at the Swan tonight, and will be back for lunch tomorrow. We'll definitely be hitting up France, China, and Hawaii, and finishing the cheese stroll.

On a side note, my wife was super excited because she got to talk to the Trackers.
Awesome. Appreciate all of this...and well done with the ability to scarf all of that down in one day, especially in the heat. I hope you were wearing loose clothing. ;).

Great

Very Good

Good

Decent
-

Mediocre

Bad

Thanks for your reviews and awesome she got to talk to the trackers! We love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter