2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

^ Ok, so basically they are telling you you have to use the points for the DVC MC?

Sort of. They have to be unused points. Since my cruise was cancelled and the points were returned from the cruise, they are considered reservation points and not eligible for a member cruise. I can use them on any cruise except this one. 😔

I just looked at our reservations in the DCL site, and there it still has our cabin number, not GTY. Thats for 2021 MC.

I hope you learn that you can use those points!!

As far as the confirmation goes, we now have a GTY designation, rather than the cabin we booked.
We also have the GTY designation. I was surprised since we were given a cabin number when we booked and when I called Disney Cruise Line directly they had the same cabin assigned to us. However, as has been mentioned, covid arrangements might mean rooms will be re-assigned. I never even thought about the issue of special guests choosing not to come aboard! That would be a huge disappointment.

We just received an email from DCL saying we can move or cancel this cruise up to two weeks before sailing. Anyone else get that email?

I would imagine that cruises will still be running at less than full capacity in June. Anyone want to speculate if this member cruise gets moved or canceled?

Yes, received it as well. I'm still fearful it won't go as original planned if all the special guests might be hesitant to sail.

If the member cruise can't go as planned, I'd prefer if they postponed it. This will be our first one and I'd prefer that it be a normal one. Besides - I'm not sure that my husband and I will have access to a vaccine until July.

That email is likely auto-generated by DCL and may not be applicable to our cruise. The Member Cruises are technically charters, as DVC charters the ship from DCL, so often have different rules. We paid DVC, not DCL, for the cruise.

With the postponed 2020 MC to Alaska, we did not get the 125% FCC that DCL has been offering on cancelled sailings; rather, we were given the choice of retaining the same booking on the rescheduled 2022 dates, or a refund. We could not move the funds to another DCL of our choice.

I got it too, and I think we got it simply because it’s in June, and that’s in the interval that has this option.

Last edited:

That email is likely auto-generated by DCL and may not be applicable to our cruise. The Member Cruises are technically charters, as DVC charters the ship from DCL, so often have different rules. We paid DVC, not DCL, for the cruise.

With the postponed 2020 MC to Alaska, we did not get the 125% FCC that DCL has been offering on cancelled sailings; rather, we were given the choice of retaining the same booking on the rescheduled 2022 dates, or a refund. We could not move the funds to another DCL of our choice.

Ah - that makes sense. I guess we wait and see.

Well, DSis and I bought air for this cruise. On SW, and we noticed the return flights were rather high priced already. At least it’s SW so can be changed.

Well, DSis and I bought air for this cruise. On SW, and we noticed the return flights were rather high priced already. At least it’s SW so can be changed.
What a step! I’ve not yet booked flights....am waiting a bit longer to see when DCL finally resumes. Maybe I’ll start looking at flights in January.

Don’t know if anyone is planning park visits around this cruise or trying to decide which park(s) - Disney Parks Blog had this post that the 2021 EPCOT Flower & Garden show goes through July 5, which is longer than past years and will overlap with any pre or post cruise stays. :earsboy:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...f-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/
We are lucky! DH and I have a May trip specifically to go to F&G, then with my friends we can go and enjoy, THEN, with DH I will be again. If there are significant changes over the course of the event, I will keep a lookout for them. FL weather should be a lot different in March than in July.

We haven't booked any hotel or flights yet. With two trips to Aulani canceled this year and a stay at VGC just canceled, I'm hestitant to book anything right now.

Woo-hoo - my pre-cruise waitlist for Beach Club Villas just came through! So excited! It will be my first stay there. And someone else’s waitlist for BWV also came through when my reservation there was released.

Woo-hoo - my pre-cruise waitlist for Beach Club Villas just came through! So excited! It will be my first stay there. And someone else’s waitlist for BWV also came through when my reservation there was released.
That’s great! We are there for two nights, for how many are you?

That’s great! We are there for two nights, for how many are you?
Two nights also - plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon, though I may decide to take an overnight flight for two park days. Still have to decide on that. Have not yet booked flights....

Our March 1 cruise is off our reservation list now. So, the DVC MC is up next.

I expect DCL will follow the other lines and cancel through April 2021 as well. I'm not optimistic the DVC cruise will sail in June. Probably gets pushed to 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter