2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

Not good...I just received another form letter, with information for me to fill out explaining why I am disputing the charge. Sigh.....

The only positive is that we are paying it down, and perhaps it will be all paid by the time there is the resolution we have been promised.

Then again, I hope it is a safer world come 2021.
I wonder if it’s because of two separate areas looking into it - the one from Chase following their standard dispute process because of your initial inquiry there, and then the DVC angle which is one that will actually get it fixed. Considering how Chase has been all over the board with their responses to various people here, it’s not surprising they’re still working it from one path without connecting a resolution is already in the works through DVC efforts.

I wonder if it’s because of two separate areas looking into it - the one from Chase following their standard dispute process because of your initial inquiry there, and then the DVC angle which is one that will actually get it fixed. Considering how Chase has been all over the board with their responses to various people here, it’s not surprising they’re still working it from one path without connecting a resolution is already in the works through DVC efforts.
Today my cabin mate told me that SHE got that email saying DVC was fixing it even though she used points not a credit card!

Today my cabin mate told me that SHE got that email saying DVC was fixing it even though she used points not a credit card!
This gets crazier and crazier. Should we start a pool on whether it will be corrected by sail date? :rotfl2:

So, I emailed Terri giving her the information that Patricia had gotten the email, but I was the one who used the credit card. I mentioned perhaps my name and credit card were not on the list that was being looked into.

I just don’t know. I had been called by a DVC person, so maybe that’s not the answer. I will be sending the form back to Chase today.

Yesterday I booked us, Nancy, Patricia and myself, a one bedroom for two nights at BCV before the cruise. I love Member Cruises, but BCV has my preferred pool! :)

Who else will be at WDW the night before? Any interest in meeting at BLT’s TOTWL?

Yesterday I booked us, Nancy, Patricia and myself, a one bedroom for two nights at BCV before the cruise. I love Member Cruises, but BCV has my preferred pool! :)

Who else will be at WDW the night before? Any interest in meeting at BLT’s TOTWL?
I’m in! I’m booked for two nights ahead also. Got into BWV as I want to be close to EPCOT for Friday, and am waitlisted at BCV. I’ve not yet stayed at BCV & would like try it if possible.

I’m in! I’m booked for two nights ahead also. Got into BWV as I want to be close to EPCOT for Friday, and am waitlisted at BCV. I’ve not yet stayed at BCV & would like try it if possible.
I really hope you get it! I wanted a one bedroom, and it was wide opened!

We're booked for the night before at BWV! Maybe we should meet up closer to there...

Oh, and soooo pleased to find out that my daughter's summer honors program was moved to the week later, so she can come on the cruise with us!!! I felt pretty guilty, it wasn't like we were leaving her home alone, as it's an overnight program, but going without her would have been mean.

Oh, and soooo pleased to find out that my daughter's summer honors program was moved to the week later, so she can come on the cruise with us!!! I felt pretty guilty, it wasn't like we were leaving her home alone, as it's an overnight program, but going without her would have been mean.
So happy that worked out.

Fireworks would be a reason to go to TOTW, but I would happy to meet wherever!

My Chase bill came, no interest charged, but the cruise charge is not in the Qualifying purchases. I think we will be paying it off in December.

Did anyone else receive a confirmation email for this cruise today? My confirmation no longer includes a cabin assignment, just GTY. I’m guessing they know they’ll have to space guests out to meet CDC guidelines so our original cabins may not be available.

I’m also wondering if the special guests will be willing to cruise yet or if this might be a lackluster Member Cruise. Really considering cancelling but I’ll hold out until we know more.

Did anyone else receive a confirmation email for this cruise today? My confirmation no longer includes a cabin assignment, just GTY. I’m guessing they know they’ll have to space guests out to meet CDC guidelines so our original cabins may not be available.

I’m also wondering if the special guests will be willing to cruise yet or if this might be a lackluster Member Cruise. Really considering cancelling but I’ll hold out until we know more.
Yes I also received the same email. I checked the DCL app & it still shows the original specific cabin choice. The email also says -

Please note although a stateroom number has been assigned, it is subject to change. This reservation guarantees the minimum category, accessible stateroom need and rate. Final stateroom assignments will be confirmed prior to sailing.

I’ve asked Patricia if she has gotten the email. She used points, so all emails go to her! I am hopeful that this cruise will happen!

Has anyone been able to use points from a cancelled cruise? I was on the 2020 cancelled Alaska Member cruise and then rebooked a January cruise that just got cancelled and Member Services is saying I can’t use my points on this one. On hold trying to ask again.

I hope you learn that you can use those points!!

As far as the confirmation goes, we now have a GTY designation, rather than the cabin we booked.

I hope you learn that you can use those points!!

Thanks! This agent sounded more knowledgeable and said it’s a definite no with points that are returned. Oh well, maybe the 2022 member cruise will work out!

As far as the confirmation goes, we now have a GTY designation, rather than the cabin we booked.

^ Ok, so basically they are telling you you have to use the points for the DVC MC?

I just looked at our reservations in the DCL site, and there it still has our cabin number, not GTY. Thats for 2021 MC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter