2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

My friend and I stayed at the Dolphin for the 2018 10k and half and really liked it. I do like to get up early and be on one of the first few buses. We've stayed at CBR for PHM before, and I didn't like the buses from there as much.

I know I don’t want to run the half this year, but I’m really going to miss the little aspects of running the half. The specifics of the course, the choir (they aren’t at the 10k, right?), and the ability to convince her to get a ticket for convenience in getting to the resort. ;)

Same. I know I made the right choice for me this time, but I am still kind of sad about it.

Same. I know I made the right choice for me this time, but I am still kind of sad about it.

:hug:

I mean I really don’t want to relive my cone alley experience from last year. And I wish I could bypass the castle. But...

I might make my cousin hit Universal with me. Have you seen that 18 month AP special they’ve got? That would cover 2020 princess too.

:hug:

I mean I really don’t want to relive my cone alley experience from last year. And I wish I could bypass the castle. But...

I might make my cousin hit Universal with me. Have you seen that 18 month AP special they’ve got? That would cover 2020 princess too.
Not to butt in on your convo, but where is the 18 month deal? I can’t find anything...

Not to butt in on your convo, but where is the 18 month deal? I can’t find anything...
I posted a link but then deleted it because it might violate some sort of rules.

Google 'Universal Studios 18 month Annual Pass' and it will be the first link. Or, go to the Universal website and go to the 'Annual Pass Renewals & Upgrades' tab -- it's there. Premier and Preferred passes only, but other passes are up to 15 months.

Elena of Avalor for the 5k? Didn't see that one coming at all. Jasmine, Mulan, and Aurora, though, are not a surprise. Just don't really like the medals this time around. 2018's medals were great, especially with the spinners. I feel like 2019 is a step down.

I really like all of the medals. I wish I had managed to sign up for the challenge before it sold out, but I can’t wait to earn the Aurora one! I like that it’s pink and feels princessy.

My 2 cents on this year’s medals:

I’ll start out by saying that I loved last year’s medals. I did the 5K and 10K, and had medal envy over the half marathon (I’m not a huge Snow White fan, but I LOVED that medal!). Even though I’m still new to runDisney, I figured this year’s medals wouldn’t be as exciting because last year was an anniversary year. This helped lower my expectations a little bit.

I don’t love the medals this year, but I don’t hate them either. I signed up for all of the races because:
1) I wanted to do my first half marathon in Disney
2) If I’m doing the half marathon I might as well do my first challenge :goodvibes
3) I was actually expecting to see Tiana and Aurora on the medals, and I didn’t want to suffer FOMO on the 5K medal if Tiana was on it and I didn’t run that one!

I love seeing Mulan and Jasmine, and they make complete sense with the new movies coming out. In my opinion, they should’ve made the 5K a Tiana themed medal because the 10th anniversary of her movie is in 2019. I have nothing against the Elena character (I honestly know nothing about her lol) but I think she would make more sense on the kids medals.

In the end, I’m really excited to be running all the races and earning alllll the medals!:cheer2: I’m sure they’ll look better in person regardless, and I will wear each one proudly around the parks!

Last edited:
So, this is my 3rd Princess weekend. I may have signed up because I had some medal envy last year. (I also promised my husband to take a year off from runDisney and this fell after that year...) I am not in love with the medals. (I don't think any could compare to having Merida or Ariel (thank God I ran the Ariel year) for me, but I appreciate that Jasmine and Mulan are on them, even if expected. Aurorra...also expected. I just don't love the design. I feel like Sophia was a great choice for kids races, but Elena is kind of there too so I don't know.... The challenge medal is my favorite, but overall I'm not super impressed with the medals. That being said I wasn't super impressed with W&D medals this year and really appreciated them a lot more when I saw them in person! And even more so when they placed them around my neck! ;)

I was actually expecting to see Tiana and Aurora on the medals, and I didn’t want to suffer FOMO on the 5K medal if Tiana was on it and I didn’t run that one!

I was too although I didn't sign up for the 5k so was REALLY hoping she made the 10k cut. :) Ah well.

Yes! So much yes! I was hoping for a Tiana medal!

Same!

Only other thing besides being disappointed about not having Tiana this race (I'm still running as her :) ) is that the challenge medal just looks weird to me. Looks 'fake' for lack of a better word. Or cheap...that's it. Wish it was cleaner like the 5k but hey I thought the same about W&D 2017 and was surprised when I seen them in person so who knows. All in all I'm running them regardless and will have a BLAST and sport them with pride.

I LOVE the Half medal this year. I hated (yes strong word) last year's medal as well as the navy blue finisher shirt. But I am not running. After 10 strait years, I said I have had enough. Good luck to all of you this year.

RE: lack of Tiana I had an epiphany during the back end of my shift.... it’s also the 10th Anniversary of Wine and Dine and Tiana fits perfectly with that theme
That makes a lot of sense. Her movie came out in November too so that could definitely be it. I was just hoping to see her represented in the Princess run. Maybe another year. If she shows up on a Wine and Dine medal I’ll have to live vicariously through those lucky runners lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter