2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

First time HM-er here! Has anyone stayed at an Epcot resort/would you recommend it? I'll be at YC - I've never done any rundisney event before, so I'm not sure of the bus situation post-race vs just walking back thru the park (have an AP). Thanks!!

First time HM-er here! Has anyone stayed at an Epcot resort/would you recommend it? I'll be at YC - I've never done any rundisney event before, so I'm not sure of the bus situation post-race vs just walking back thru the park (have an AP). Thanks!!

You have to take the bus to the start.

Since you have an AP you’ll be able to walk back through Epcot to your resort.

Were only doing the 10k this time, but were staying at boardwalk.

For POT... is it better to submit a horrible time or no time at all? It’s my first half (I’ve only done a disney 10k) but I stopped for every character photo because it was just a fun run. If I don’t submit my time or submit a bad time; will I be in the last corral either way? For the 10k I was in the first corral.

I know the cut off is tomorrow but I keep going back and forth on what I should do...

If you submitted an estimate for the half that requires a POT, and you don’t enter a matching POT, you will be put in the last corral.

If you don’t have a POT that corresponds to a Half time that requires POT, go into your account and change your estimate to a time that doesn’t require POT. That will get you placed in the proper corral.

For POT... is it better to submit a horrible time or no time at all? It’s my first half (I’ve only done a disney 10k) but I stopped for every character photo because it was just a fun run. If I don’t submit my time or submit a bad time; will I be in the last corral either way? For the 10k I was in the first corral.

I know the cut off is tomorrow but I keep going back and forth on what I should do...

If you have a time that proves you can run the half in 2hrs or 45 minutes or less then definitely submit a time. That's a 10k in 1hr 14 minutes or less. If it's greater then that, just pick the time drop the drop down menu that is closest.

Another first timer question here. I am doing the 5k. It is the first and only run event I’ve ever done anywhere. My husband and two kids (6 and 8) want to go to cheer me on.

Can anyone tell me what our days will/should be like?

Should we Uber over to the expo? (We’ve been to WDW a bunch but never the wide world of sports part, so I have no clue.) I’m not really interested in merchandise, so is it feasible just to go grab my number and then get out of there?

The morning of the race, I understand buses will take us. What time will the race start/how soon do buses pick up before the race?

Will it be clearly marked for where I go once there? And where my family will go to cheer? We have APs so they can go in the parks.

What is post-race like? Any kind of celebrations, meet n greets, etc?

I’m sorry I’m asking a billion questions. I’m super nervous/excited, and I don’t do well with not knowing lol.

Thank you all in advance!

Another first timer question here. I am doing the 5k. It is the first and only run event I’ve ever done anywhere. My husband and two kids (6 and 8) want to go to cheer me on.

Can anyone tell me what our days will/should be like?

Should we Uber over to the expo? (We’ve been to WDW a bunch but never the wide world of sports part, so I have no clue.) I’m not really interested in merchandise, so is it feasible just to go grab my number and then get out of there?

The morning of the race, I understand buses will take us. What time will the race start/how soon do buses pick up before the race?

Will it be clearly marked for where I go once there? And where my family will go to cheer? We have APs so they can go in the parks.

What is post-race like? Any kind of celebrations, meet n greets, etc?

I’m sorry I’m asking a billion questions. I’m super nervous/excited, and I don’t do well with not knowing lol.

Thank you all in advance!

You can take the bus from the WDW resorts to the Expo or Uber/Lyft/Taxi from anywhere. Bib pick up and race shirt pick up are in two separate buildings. Everything is clearly marked and there are tons of volunteers to point you in the right direction.

Race buses start running at 3:30am. Just follow the crowds of people when you get off the bus. There will be people directing you where to go. Corrals start closing at 5am. They will move corral A to the start line right at 5am. Race starts at 5:30am with corral A, then B, etc. There may be mini waves in each corral instead of letting everyone start at the same time.

The only viewing area for the 5K is the start & finish line. There is no viewing inside Epcot.

There are characters out before/after the race & a coffee truck. There might be a food truck, but I’m not sure.

I'm struggling with long runs over winter -- already. My run group is doing trail running right now, and we're covering somewhere around 14-16 kilometres (9-10 miles) each week in around 2 hours, which is pretty amazing considering we climb mountains some days. The views are amazing, and it's super challenging, but it's not road speed... We have Wednesday hill nights still, but we only get again 8-10 km (5-6 miles) on the road, and hills aren't fast.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to pick up some treadmill time in the week (because I don't like running alone) or if the trail runs will be sufficient for now. Our group will start back on the roads in January sometime, but that may be too late. Thoughts?

I just saw on Facebook that it’s 90 days till packet pick up of a race I’m doing (meaning 89 till princess expo opens) maybe medal Monday for both events will be this or next week

I just saw on Facebook that it’s 90 days till packet pick up of a race I’m doing (meaning 89 till princess expo opens) maybe medal Monday for both events will be this or next week
What do you follow on Facebook for this info?

What do you follow on Facebook for this info?
I follow the Gasparilla Facebook page that is in Tampa the same weekend as Princess and they posted 90 days till packet pick up (Friday Feb 22 which is the day of Princess 5K)

The medal reveal comment for both races is general assumption

We’re staying at Boardwalk villas.

For the 10k, is there any reason to think we would still be in the vicinity when Epcot opens so we could walk back (assuming we had tickets)? Or are we taking the bus no matter what?

Our cousin/princess trips never involve parks, but I’m trying to make a park day happen. ;)

We’re staying at Boardwalk villas.

For the 10k, is there any reason to think we would still be in the vicinity when Epcot opens so we could walk back (assuming we had tickets)? Or are we taking the bus no matter what?

Our cousin/princess trips never involve parks, but I’m trying to make a park day happen. ;)

Unlikely unless you start in a later corral, run very slowly, and stick around for several parking lot beers, or it opens at 8 instead of 9.

Unlikely unless you start in a later corral, run very slowly, and stick around for several parking lot beers, or it opens at 8 instead of 9.

I know we stuck around to sip champagne in 2017, but can’t for the life of me remember what time we actually left the area.

I’ll have to come up with a different excuse. :)

And thank you.

I know I don’t want to run the half this year, but I’m really going to miss the little aspects of running the half. The specifics of the course, the choir (they aren’t at the 10k, right?), and the ability to convince her to get a ticket for convenience in getting to the resort. ;)

Has anyone stayed at Swan/Dolphin for a race weekend before? Debating on staying at Swan for Princess Marathon weekend because it’s most affordable option close to the race. Just wanted to see others’ experiences with buses to races to make sure the transportation was reliable to the races since it’s an earlier start.

Also, has anyone stayed off property for a race? Debating on it as prices seem really high, but I wasn’t sure how much of a pain driving into the races will be. (Nb: I am not a morning person and am always late.)

Also, has anyone stayed off property for a race? Debating on it as prices seem really high, but I wasn’t sure how much of a pain driving into the races will be. (Nb: I am not a morning person and am always late.)

We did for a 5k once; son and then-husband were running it and I was volunteering. It was fine.

But it’s not a good option if you’re someone who is late. Actually, that’s not a good option for onsite transpiration either. Set up multiple alarms and a wake up call. You don’t want to miss the start (and Disney runs are an experience that mean if you are parking or getting off the bus at the pre-corral area an hour before the start you’re kinda running late-ish.

Especially for the half where you have a solid walk out to the start.

We did for a 5k once; son and then-husband were running it and I was volunteering. It was fine.

But it’s not a good option if you’re someone who is late. Actually, that’s not a good option for onsite transpiration either. Set up multiple alarms and a wake up call. You don’t want to miss the start (and Disney runs are an experience that mean if you are parking or getting off the bus at the pre-corral area an hour before the start you’re kinda running late-ish.

Especially for the half where you have a solid walk out to the start.
Thank you! I am only doing the 5k. I am most likely in the slowest corral. What time do you think I should be there? (And what time should I be at the bus stop at Swan to get there at that point?)
Sorry to ask- I am just that bad at time management.

Thank you! I am only doing the 5k. I am most likely in the slowest corral. What time do you think I should be there? (And what time should I be at the bus stop at Swan to get there at that point?)
Never done princess but assuming their bus times are the same as with W&D and Dark Side from my experience busses ‘start’ at 330am but usually start loading between 3-315 ish I normally get their between 245-3 to ensure being on the first bus to maximize time for a port o let break and at least one photo opp

I know nothing about the Swan.

But I shoot for one of the earliest bus times no matter what I'm running. And please let me assure that this isn't pleasant for me. I'm on west coast time (but it's not quite the right timing for me to just call it a "night race"), I'm not a morning person, and I don't *want* to be out and about then, but I also don't want to be late. :) The first Princess 10K i did my iphone5 decided that it didn't ahve an external microphone anymore, so my alarm didn't wake me up. Thankfully I had the phone on the bed and the vibration did ultimately get me awake. That's when I discovered that getting to the main area an hour out really does NOT feel early. And I think it took the entire bus ride to get my heart rate down from the fear of missing it!

I did Wine&Dine in 2014 when it was a night race, and we were middle corral and had started moving up b/c the first corral or two had gone, and buses were still unloading. Not pleasant for people on those buses! And I think it was princess 2017 that, weirdly, the buses were running into traffic and caused the race to be delayed, but people in cars were getting through fine.

Have I convinced you to set multiple EARLY alarms yet? :):):)

I know nothing about the Swan.

But I shoot for one of the earliest bus times no matter what I'm running. And please let me assure that this isn't pleasant for me. I'm on west coast time (but it's not quite the right timing for me to just call it a "night race"), I'm not a morning person, and I don't *want* to be out and about then, but I also don't want to be late. :) The first Princess 10K i did my iphone5 decided that it didn't ahve an external microphone anymore, so my alarm didn't wake me up. Thankfully I had the phone on the bed and the vibration did ultimately get me awake. That's when I discovered that getting to the main area an hour out really does NOT feel early. And I think it took the entire bus ride to get my heart rate down from the fear of missing it!

I did Wine&Dine in 2014 when it was a night race, and we were middle corral and had started moving up b/c the first corral or two had gone, and buses were still unloading. Not pleasant for people on those buses! And I think it was princess 2017 that, weirdly, the buses were running into traffic and caused the race to be delayed, but people in cars were getting through fine.

Have I convinced you to set multiple EARLY alarms yet? :):):)
Thank you! Luckily I have a husband who actually is a morning person so he’s super helpful in nagging, uh I mean, encouraging me to get up.

So if I will be there way early, but I want DH and kids to be able to sleep in as much as possible. What time would you suggest I tell them to get on the bus/be at the finish line?

Again, thank you so much for all of this info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter