2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Hey everyone!
This is probably a dumb question. Do they sell guys merch at the expo? I saw a Facebook post that said they didn’t and it kinda surprised me

I think they have generic RunDisney gear. Race specific is geared towards women.

Here’s a video of last year’s expo.

OMG I hope they have Tiana at the expo again. Since she's not part of the race that would make my weekend for me! Fingers crossed lol

Can anyone recommend a good spot to meetup with others prior to the start of the race? I'm running with several other family members and we'll probably be in the same corral but we're staying at different hotels. I'm thinking that saying we'll meet at the corral will be crazy. TIA!

Can anyone recommend a good spot to meetup with others prior to the start of the race? I'm running with several other family members and we'll probably be in the same corral but we're staying at different hotels. I'm thinking that saying we'll meet at the corral will be crazy. TIA!

I usually either meet by the picture spot (1st person there text all where they are standing...i.e. right of Minnie picture line) or right by the outside of the corral. That's usually easier and way less crazy than inside the corral. Meeting at gear check or right as you get off the buses can be a mad house and so I wouldn't suggest that. Just my 2 cents...others may have better spots :)

I could really use some advice.

I’m training for the half marathon (we’ll also be doing the 5k). This will be my first Half; we did the 5k and 10k princesses last year). I’ve started having pain after running at the top front of the pelvis on the left side. Google tells me it’s the ILiotibial band and to ice and rest it (and that it could be the result of an uneven gait). I’ve been waiting a few days until symptoms are gone before running again. Same problem returns.

This is new. I’ve never had pain there before. Any suggestions about what I can change? I’m panicky that I won’t be ready for the half. It has happened twice now and it even hurts to walk.
It pains me to see this. I am going through the same thing right now. The last run I did was December 23rd, 6.7 miles. For a few days following I was in a ton of pain. Once I got home from Christmas travel I saw my Dr. He did x rays, I had an MRI of my hip, we followed that up with injections in both my knee and hip. I have been going to PT 2x's a week for the last 3 weeks and still have 3 weeks to go. I am doing my PT "homework" 2x's a day. Yesterday, I went out to the track to see how a few miles would feel since things seem to be getting better. NOT a good idea.
I am having daily anxiety about being able to do both the 10K and half. I feel for what you are going through. Each day I hope to see a change but I fear the time I have left isn't going to get me across that finish line. I'm not even sure a 16min/mile walk pace is going to happen. I wish you much luck!!!!

Have any of you done race wearing K2 tape for the first time? I want them to tape my arch at expo but worried about wearing it for 13.1 miles before testing it out. Advice?

How crowded will the expo be on Saturday morning? Our flights were scheduled to arrive on Friday at 3:30. I got a notification that our flights were cancelled. I had to reschedule our flights from a different airline and different airport and now we don't arrive until Friday evening late. So that leaves picking up bibs for the half on Saturday morning. Not sure how much time I need to allow for this. This is our first Disney race, so I have no idea how long I'll want to even spend at the expo.

How crowded will the expo be on Saturday morning? Our flights were scheduled to arrive on Friday at 3:30. I got a notification that our flights were cancelled. I had to reschedule our flights from a different airline and different airport and now we don't arrive until Friday evening late. So that leaves picking up bibs for the half on Saturday morning. Not sure how much time I need to allow for this. This is our first Disney race, so I have no idea how long I'll want to even spend at the expo.
I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this! In my experience the expo isn't too busy on Saturday at all! Most will have already gone through. There probably will be merchandise that's already gone though if that's important to you.

It pains me to see this. I am going through the same thing right now. The last run I did was December 23rd, 6.7 miles. For a few days following I was in a ton of pain. Once I got home from Christmas travel I saw my Dr. He did x rays, I had an MRI of my hip, we followed that up with injections in both my knee and hip. I have been going to PT 2x's a week for the last 3 weeks and still have 3 weeks to go. I am doing my PT "homework" 2x's a day. Yesterday, I went out to the track to see how a few miles would feel since things seem to be getting better. NOT a good idea.
I am having daily anxiety about being able to do both the 10K and half. I feel for what you are going through. Each day I hope to see a change but I fear the time I have left isn't going to get me across that finish line. I'm not even sure a 16min/mile walk pace is going to happen. I wish you much luck!!!!

That happened to us last year. We met new friends at the airport that were in same situation. We spent 7 hours with them, so they are forever friends now! Anyways as soon as plane landed we got an uber. We didn't worry about magical express or getting our bags (they still arrived at our room - on property). Once we arrived at expo we ran in and got ours bibs! We cut it so close that there was no time for shopping so we went back early Saturday and shopped. Just have a plan and you should make it.

Last edited:
Have any of you done race wearing K2 tape for the first time? I want them to tape my arch at expo but worried about wearing it for 13.1 miles before testing it out. Advice?

Honestly, I don't do anything for a race that I haven't done before. I had to tape my feet myself after the half in 2015. I watched a YouTube video to learn how.

Great idea. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! You can still have them do it at the expo if you want, but that way you'll already know how it feels. While I'm suggesting, I really like Rock Tape myself. It stays on really well.

I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this! In my experience the expo isn't too busy on Saturday at all! Most will have already gone through. There probably will be merchandise that's already gone though if that's important to you.
Honestly, I really just wanted a magnet and maybe a Christmas ornament. Having never been, I'm not really sure what all would be there for me to drool over. :) Maybe not getting to go til Saturday will save me some money.

You're welcome! You can still have them do it at the expo if you want, but that way you'll already know how it feels. While I'm suggesting, I really like Rock Tape myself. It stays on really well.

Another vote for Rock Tape! I had used KT in the past, but I tried Rock Tape at the expo (they did the taping for me) after I had pain from a previous injury return the day before the expo! The extra sticky tape stayed on extremely well, even through showers! I wore it the day of the expo, and for the 5K and 10K, without having to reapply. I had to peel it off after the 10K because it was still sticky (but not painful).

If you have the opportunity I would definitely try it out at home instead of waiting until the expo. There are lots of YouTube videos that demonstrate how to tape.

First time I wore tape was the day before rock and roll Seattle. It made the difference between doing the event and not, so it didn’t even matter to me that it was a first time.

And like others here, it was actually Rock Tape, and I like them more in general.

But you can buy some now and watch the videos from KT to see how you like it.

I am so excited for this race and this trip! I leave 4 weeks from today. :cool1: Now just to begin hoping for no winter weather impacts for travel that day/weekend.

I hope they have a photo opp somewhere with the royal dressed Mickey and Minnie. I’ve seen pictures of them from past years and they’re so cute! During the race itself I also hope they have some good characters out. The one I almost guarantee I would stop for if they’re out they like usually are is the group of princes.

Another vote for Rock Tape! I had used KT in the past, but I tried Rock Tape at the expo (they did the taping for me) after I had pain from a previous injury return the day before the expo! The extra sticky tape stayed on extremely well, even through showers! I wore it the day of the expo, and for the 5K and 10K, without having to reapply. I had to peel it off after the 10K because it was still sticky (but not painful).

If you have the opportunity I would definitely try it out at home instead of waiting until the expo. There are lots of YouTube videos that demonstrate how to tape.

I also had to peel off my Rock Tape. I wore it around the parks with flip flops and in and out of the shower. I finally changed it because it was getting gross looking from me walking around on it. It never did come off on its own!

I am so excited for this race and this trip! I leave 4 weeks from today. :cool1: Now just to begin hoping for no winter weather impacts for travel that day/weekend.

I hope they have a photo opp somewhere with the royal dressed Mickey and Minnie. I’ve seen pictures of them from past years and they’re so cute! During the race itself I also hope they have some good characters out. The one I almost guarantee I would stop for if they’re out they like usually are is the group of princes.

Sometimes Princess Minnie is at the photo op before/after the race or even at the expo photo op. Make sure you don’t miss the one at the expo. It’s kind of out of the way and the lines are much shorter than on race day.

The first time I wore KT Tape was during a Disney half. I had them tape me at the expo. In general I'm a believer in don't do anything new before a race, but I figured with them taping me at the expo I'd have time to be in it to see if it would be problematic for me before the race. I've used the video's online but I think I get better results when somebody actually tapes me. Also if you are looking for tape around here the drug stores sell KT tape so it's pretty easy to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter