2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

I go yearly and even when my kids were younger they did pretty well with WOC- they can sit (we bring special snacks to eat while we wait) and only have to stand once the show is starting. I’d highly recommended getting there early and sitting front row on the bridge (there is a small FP section that closer to the show they may open up for non-FP)- usually it fills in a lot later then the main seating area and we really enjoyed that view. We have gotten damp on windy days but generally we stay dry and have a very good view and don’t have to invest over an hour

Thank you! So are you saying get a FP and then try and sit front row on the bridge?

I leave tomorrow! Dh and I fly to Long Beach in the morning. We check into the timeshare (Peacock Suites) and are having dinner with extended family. Sunday through Wednesday we're at the parks. Hoping the crowds aren't too bad. We have the 1 park-1 day passes and added maxpass to all days.

I want to try the bridge next time I see WOC, you make it sound less chaotic than the rest of the viewing area, I love the thought of that! Is it blue fp? Where do you line up?
The answers to these questions are covered in the first post of the World of Color Superthread -- read that post, especially the map. The different color viewing areas and the line entrances are numbered on the map. And always check with WOC CMs on the day of your show, just in case there have been last minute changes to the line up locations.

The answers to these questions are covered in the first post of the World of Color Superthread -- read that post, especially the map. The different color viewing areas and the line entrances are numbered on the map. And always check with WOC CMs on the day of your show, just in case there have been last minute changes to the line up locations.
Thank you! I've seen, read, and memorized the first post in the WOC thread😉. But, like you say, there tends adjustments to the line up areas, and I've found CMs to be purposefully vague about explaining those areas because they don't want people lining up too early. I was just hoping to gain insight from someone experienced in getting to the bridge.

Does anyone know what holiday Disneyland Jerseys are available this year? I loved the black with plaid ones (I swear I just saw them last week on Shopdisney but now all I see is Disney World ones)😢. Just curious if anyone in this thread may know! Thank you!

Thank you! I've seen, read, and memorized the first post in the WOC thread😉. But, like you say, there tends adjustments to the line up areas, and I've found CMs to be purposefully vague about explaining those areas because they don't want people lining up too early. I was just hoping to gain insight from someone experienced in getting to the bridge.
Ask specifically about this in that superthread -- there are posters there who watched the show as recently as this past week who might be able to give you updated information.

We were planning on coming up early Sunday morning but decided to drive up Saturday afternoon instead. We got a curbside seat for the parade at 4:30 on Main Street and entertained the kids with food and Christmas treats. It was fun! We enjoyed the parade .. it’s pretty busy at both parks, but everyone is in a good mood and the weather is fantastic. One kid is already asleep in the stroller, so after we eat we are headed back to the hotel so we can make rope drop at 8am and get lots of rides done!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The gingerbread Mickey cookies are yummy!!!!!

Last edited:

Does anyone know what holiday Disneyland Jerseys are available this year? I loved the black with plaid ones (I swear I just saw them last week on Shopdisney but now all I see is Disney World ones)😢. Just curious if anyone in this thread may know! Thank you!

I’m here today / they still have the black with red plaid; black candy cane; and red food spirit jersey

I’m here today / they still have the black with red plaid; black candy cane; and red food spirit jersey
Thank you so much! Maybe they are just out of stock online right now! I’m worried they’ll be gone by the time we go on Dec. 13 so I keep checking the website too! Fingers crossed!

We had so much fun today! Holy Toledo it was HOT until about 3, and then it started cooling off. By 5 it was cool. We saw Santa, rode tons of rides at both parks, including several we had never done before, I tried the wreath rice crispy treat from Nightmare Before Christmas and it was amazing, rode IASW twice and once after dark, and best of all saw it snow on Main Street during the castle ceremony. It was crowded- tons of people in line for the food booths at DCA- but we made excellent use of max pass and were there for rope drop.... we logged 12.5 hours today in the parks. No one is going to be happy when the alarm goes off for school tomorrow!

It’s just such a magical time of year! Can’t wait to go back next month!!!!!

Oh and I wanted to add. I did not care for the Turkey slider with cranberry sauce. Forgot which booth. But the bread was hard, and the turkey was weird. I was kind of sad I used a tab on it.

We also thought this was terrible, by far the worst item we had. I thought it was completely inedible. The bread was hard and the turkey was very rubbery.

Thank you so much! Maybe they are just out of stock online right now! I’m worried they’ll be gone by the time we go on Dec. 13 so I keep checking the website too! Fingers crossed!
If you want the candy cane one in anything bigger than medium you will be out of luck. Mediums are even on the rare side

If you want the candy cane one in anything bigger than medium you will be out of luck. Mediums are even on the rare side
Thanks! I really want the plaid one (XS or Small)...I’m so bummed I don’t see it online anymore! Does anyone know if there’s any way to call and ofder/purchase one from one of the stores (World of Disney, etc.)? Wishful thinking I know!

From this week's "MP DLR Update":
The Grand Californian Hotel is again offering the Grand Gingerbread Experience, a decorating workshop where participants can build their own gingerbread house under the tutelage of the same team who helped create the massive structure in the hotel lobby.
The events are held November 30, December 1, 11, 15, 18, 21, and 22. The cost is $70 per person, tax included, and no discounts apply. Each participant receives an apron, and a selection of snacks, cookies and hot cocoa are served during the 90-minute workshop.
This event was first offered in 2018, and was limited to Grand Californian Hotel guests. There seems to be no such restriction on the 2019 offering. Call (714) 781-3463 to book your tickets.

For DLR APs:
Join us after-hours to enjoy “The Merriest Cruise That Ever Sailed”! Starting tonight until 11/22, meet us before park closing to enjoy “it’s a small world” Holiday and a special photo opportunity after Disneyland Park closes! Valid AP required.

If anyone does this, please report back on what it was like, how crowded, and what the photo op was like! Eager APs want to know!

From this week's "MP DLR Update":
The Grand Californian Hotel is again offering the Grand Gingerbread Experience, a decorating workshop where participants can build their own gingerbread house under the tutelage of the same team who helped create the massive structure in the hotel lobby.
The events are held November 30, December 1, 11, 15, 18, 21, and 22. The cost is $70 per person, tax included, and no discounts apply. Each participant receives an apron, and a selection of snacks, cookies and hot cocoa are served during the 90-minute workshop.
This event was first offered in 2018, and was limited to Grand Californian Hotel guests. There seems to be no such restriction on the 2019 offering. Call (714) 781-3463 to book your tickets.
So excited for this experience. We were able to make the reservations over the weekend as soon as I saw it appear.

How exciting! Please report back on what it was like. :)
Will do. We won’t be attending until the 18th. I saw this experience last year while we were planning but couldn’t find any information or reviews for it this year. So glad that they are offering it again.

If anyone is interested - Trader Sam's still has the Hatbox Ghost tiki mugs. They are not on the menu but I asked our server if they had any mugs not on the menu and he said they still had HG from Halloween.

If anyone is interested - Trader Sam's still has the Hatbox Ghost tiki mugs. They are not on the menu but I asked our server if they had any mugs not on the menu and he said they still had HG from Halloween.
Ohhhhhhh! I may have to run over there this weekend! Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter