2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Ohhhhhhh! I may have to run over there this weekend! Thanks for the heads up!
I was so excited too :) I have the Hitchhiking Ghosts one that I was at the right place at the right time to get - a couple of year ago we were going to TS for lunch and came across a line of people waiting for something at a nearby table. At Disney I am standing in any line I find. DH went to investigate and came back with a huge grin on his face, I had talked to him about the rumor of the mug but did not think I would be lucky enough to get it.

I was so excited too :) I have the Hitchhiking Ghosts one that I was at the right place at the right time to get - a couple of year ago we were going to TS for lunch and came across a line of people waiting for something at a nearby table. At Disney I am standing in any line I find. DH went to investigate and came back with a huge grin on his face, I had talked to him about the rumor of the mug but did not think I would be lucky enough to get it.
I have that one too! A super nice friend scooped one up for me!

If anyone is interested - Trader Sam's still has the Hatbox Ghost tiki mugs. They are not on the menu but I asked our server if they had any mugs not on the menu and he said they still had HG from Halloween.
They don't sell the mug without a drink, is that correct? What is the price?

Correct, you have to get the drink with the mug. The drink is the Grim Grinning Grog and it was $50 (drinks alone are usually $13-14)

We went last week and the skippers said that we could get the mug with any of the single serve drinks that we didn't have to get the specialty grog which is different than when we have gotten the specialty mugs in the past, and a nice surprise since I don't like the grog.

I'm so glad I found this thread.
We just got back from a massive WDW trip and are now planning our very first Christmastime trip in Nov 2020. All of these tips and info are very helpful, even though I know things will change a bit for next year it makes me so excited for our trip.
I think we will aim for somewhere between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Day. We will have 7 nights in Anaheim with a 5 day park ticket. Does this sound OK? We are going to spend 10 days in San Deigo before the trip.
What dates would you guys aim for?

I'm debating spending the night at a Disneyland hotel on 11/25, waking up and doing extra magic hour then spending the day before Thanksgiving at the Disneyland resort.

Crowd calendar predicts "forget about it".

Does anyone have experience with going to disney at that time?

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Your friend,
Fishmango

Past history has been crowded. But better at Disneyland than at work!

And to clarify, 11/25 is Monday night, so you would be going Tues, not Wed?

I'm so glad I found this thread.
We just got back from a massive WDW trip and are now planning our very first Christmastime trip in Nov 2020. All of these tips and info are very helpful, even though I know things will change a bit for next year it makes me so excited for our trip.
I think we will aim for somewhere between Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Day. We will have 7 nights in Anaheim with a 5 day park ticket. Does this sound OK? We are going to spend 10 days in San Deigo before the trip.
What dates would you guys aim for?
how funny, I just saw in your sig that you did BRV, BWV, and AKV...we're planning a trip for January for the same 3 resorts in that order. Three nights at each. How did it work out for you?

As for your DLR dates, 7 nights is great. We like to do a couple days, then a rest day, then a couple days, rest day, etc. I would probably do 11/14-20, so you have some weekend nights for evening shows on both ends. It's hard to know if the holidays will start on 11/13 or the weekend before though.

The IaSW AP event has two photo ops plus the attraction. One photo op is with a parade float and the other is in front of the attraction. Three separate lines (one for each photo op and one for the attraction).

It's the gingerbread cookie recipe float.

Last edited:
The IaSW AP event has two photo ops plus the attraction. One photo op is with a parade float and the other is in front of the attraction. Three separate lines (one for each photo op and one for the attraction).
I'm glad the parade float is back! People reported that it wasn't out when the weather was rainy. How long did you wait for each line?

how funny, I just saw in your sig that you did BRV, BWV, and AKV...we're planning a trip for January for the same 3 resorts in that order. Three nights at each. How did it work out for you?

As for your DLR dates, 7 nights is great. We like to do a couple days, then a rest day, then a couple days, rest day, etc. I would probably do 11/14-20, so you have some weekend nights for evening shows on both ends. It's hard to know if the holidays will start on 11/13 or the weekend before though.
OMG that is hilarious, we did them in that order too and it was perfect, we were at BRV for 6 nights, BWV for 4 nights and AKV (jambo) for 9 Nights. WE loved it. It was so good to have a mix of resorts and each one was close to various parks so we concentrated on the ones we were close to while at the corresponding resorts. BWV was our fav hands down, but I also really liked BRV and will stay at both again.

Also funny, I was thinking of those dates too - we are so in sync LOL

It’s going to rain Thanksgiving weekend...HOORAY!!! I’m so excited to see if this positively affects how crowded the park will be!! I love being from Seattle!

Past history has been crowded. But better at Disneyland than at work!

And to clarify, 11/25 is Monday night, so you would be going Tues, not Wed?

Got the dates wrong, I would actually be going to the parks on 11/27, the day before thanksgiving.

It’s going to rain Thanksgiving weekend...HOORAY!!! I’m so excited to see if this positively affects how crowded the park will be!! I love being from Seattle!
I would honestly prefer nice and sunny and hot weather.. but that's me, who usually goes in August and was already feeling pretty cold mid September the one year we did the trip a little later...

But this reminds me: is there a "good" local weather report available for the Anaheim area?I don't really know about those "international" ones you just put any city in...

As for lower crowds during rain... The reports here from the last days don't sound like that's true anymore... guess to many locals noticed it.

oops, feel free to delete this thread. I see reviews on the Holidays Super Thread.
Thank you

Hi ! Have any of you done the Holiday Guided Tour this year ?
Anyone have a review of this for this holiday season ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks! I really want the plaid one (XS or Small)...I’m so bummed I don’t see it online anymore! Does anyone know if there’s any way to call and ofder/purchase one from one of the stores (World of Disney, etc.)? Wishful thinking I know!
I don't have an answer for your question, but I was going to go look for one for me this weekend. If you want, I am grab one for you and mail it to you.

Years ago Thanksgiving week was awesome, the day before, day of and day after; not anymore - the change happened when APs were put on monthly payment plans for all of CA.

I don't have an answer for your question, but I was going to go look for one for me this weekend. If you want, I am grab one for you and mail it to you.
Aww, thank you so much for offering! I actually ended up calling the World of Disney in DD and they had one in stock in my size and are shipping it to me! I honestly didn’t know if they did that sort of thing so I was so excited when she said she could!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter