2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have a soft opening for the festival? The 29th is my last day at the parks and I am wondering if it will be ridiculously crazy?

They have not had a soft opening in the last few years,

I have one more question if you don’t mind. Do you get to pick the show that you want or is it based on your reservation? When I booked mine it said 2nd seating if that matters.

Your reservation is tied to a particular show time.

Although events are non refundable can your money be applied to another event or date?

Although events are non refundable can your money be applied to another event or date?
That's a good question, my guess would be no. Disney did refund my money in 2017 because of Hurricane Matthew. My trip was scheduled for the week after the hurricane hit. I had several tress down in my yard and other issues so I had to cancel. Disney was great about refunding all of my money, even my hotel deposit. I was surprised to say the least!

Well, I called back and what do you know, a very helpful CM found me everything I needed! Disney IT at its finest again right at reservation opening time. Persistence does pay off. Thanks to all for encouraging me to try again. This is the first time booking special events.

I'm so glad you were able to get what you wanted! Enjoy!

Ugh, this morning I caved and booked the Culinary Tour of Japan for 10/24. So I now have 4 events, including the Sunday Brunch with Andrew Zimmern, Party for the Senses on 10/19, and the pairing with Robert Irvine.

The first guy I talked to said the Japan event was sold out, and then said the Italian Wine vs. Beer for the same day was sold out as well. Called right back and got a nice woman that said there was availability for both. The guy acted like a real know it all, too.

Ugh, this morning I caved and booked the Culinary Tour of Japan for 10/24. So I now have 4 events, including the Sunday Brunch with Andrew Zimmern, Party for the Senses on 10/19, and the pairing with Robert Irvine.

The first guy I talked to said the Japan event was sold out, and then said the Italian Wine vs. Beer for the same day was sold out as well. Called right back and got a nice woman that said there was availability for both. The guy acted like a real know it all, too.

Great choices. I’ve not “caved” yet and booked more but am experiencing fear of missing out and am on the verge. The challenges of being local-ish, LOL. I think there’s something about how the regional events are categorized in their system that makes it hard to find. I booked wine vs. beer but I think she had to look it up under Via Napoli. :confused3

I still haven't booked my Wine vs Beer event. I guess I should do so in the next few days

See you at the Sunday Brunch! I have that booked as well.

Seems like obtaining reservations for this year's festival was a breeze compared with previous years. Congrats to all who were able to book the events they wanted!

The dramatic increase in ticket prices, hotel rates, adding resort parking fees, etc. seems to have affected these bookings. Hopefully it will be this easy next year as I'm planning to attend the 25th anniversary of the festival next year. Hopefully there will some special events celebrating this milestone at next year's festival.

Got in after 10 minute hold. Got the Italian Regional Luncheon and the Italian Wine Vs Beer Pairing. Both have a base price of 99 + tax. Yet she charged me 131.89 for the Lunch and 104.46 for the Pairing. When I told her that both had the same base price all she could do was go by what the computer had. Any one else experience this? I feel like I got ripped off.
I booked two of these on Tuesday, just checked MDE and I was charged the same price as you. They better be far more generous with the wine refills for this price or it is our last year for this event. Went to two last year and the wine pours were disappointing. We sat this out for a couple of years, talked to one of the managers a few years ago and was assured things would be different going forward...wasn't last year.

Just waiting for Candy Sushi - DD8 did it last year and loved it - I want to make sure she has a chance to do it again this year! Super cute!

I booked two of these on Tuesday, just checked MDE and I was charged the same price as you. They better be far more generous with the wine refills for this price or it is our last year for this event. Went to two last year and the wine pours were disappointing. We sat this out for a couple of years, talked to one of the managers a few years ago and was assured things would be different going forward...wasn't last year.
We had the same issue last year with the Italian Regional lunch but decided to give it another try this year. I'm reserving judgment.

Finally got through to a very sweet Cm after 30 minutes on hold. Booked Parisian breakfast for 11/2 and Mix it, Make It, Celebrate It seminar for 10/28!

We'll be at the Parisian Breakfast on November 2nd! See you there!

Well, I'm in for Parisian Breakfast for 10/5. I didn't realize it was nonrefundable... but since I invested 60+ minutes on the phone call, I just went for it. It's only $90 if our flights don't work out.:confused3

I was surprised to hear it was nonrefundable, also. I swore a few years ago it was nonrefundable, because I had to change the date.

Well, I called back and what do you know, a very helpful CM found me everything I needed! Disney IT at its finest again right at reservation opening time. Persistence does pay off. Thanks to all for encouraging me to try again. This is the first time booking special events.

So happy for you that you were able to get what you wanted!

This morning I booked my first Food & Wine Festival event (I have always just stuck to the booths), Parisian Breakfast on 11/2...to carb load before Wine & Dine! ;)

How exciting! You're going to love the Parisian Breakfast! This will be our third time going. See you on November 2nd! That's when we go.

We had the same issue last year with the Italian Regional lunch but decided to give it another try this year. I'm reserving judgment.

What’s frustrating to me is the inconsistency. I also did the Italian Regional lunch last year and refills were limited and begrudging. And then I read reports of people at the same event on a different date who said wine was flowing freely. I’m trying wine vs. beer this year.

What’s frustrating to me is the inconsistency. I also did the Italian Regional lunch last year and refills were limited and begrudging. And then I read reports of people at the same event on a different date who said wine was flowing freely. I’m trying wine vs. beer this year.
i did the italian regional lunch 3 years in a row, and it was always a pleasant experience- but the crowding & refilling issues did seem to get more valid each year. i'm skipping it this year and trying beer vs. wine too- that one's gotten rave reviews, so i'm excited for the change in scenery & overall vibe.

Looking for words of encouragement here I suppose... We've never been to F&W, but are happily attending this year! I have been keeping up with this thread and have been watching all of the special dining events that you guys are booking and I am feeling some FOMO. As this is our first year (5 day trip which we plan to attend F&W 2 or 3 of those days, but we also have a park hopper) attending F&W we planned to simply sip and stroll and eat at the kiosks, etc., but not do any of the special dining. We won't be disappointed doing F&W this way, will we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter