2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I will going to French Family Meal traditions on Oct 4 too!

Really looking forward to beer vs. wine. I very much enjoyed the Italian regional lunch last year but (on the date I attended) refills were definitely not offered and when tablemates asked for some there was a bit of a sigh and rolling of eyes. I totally get they have a profit margin... just wish it was a consistent experience for the $. In the tequila lunch it’s pre-poured and no extra (unless the table next to you doesn’t show, as I lucked into last year) For the Italian Regional and French Family Meal, it seemed based on who hosted. I’m sure I didn’t need more wine, but paying the same amount, I’d like the same options other guests receive.

We'll be at the October 4th French Family Meal too. Looks like there's going to be a good Dis showing. :wave2:

We had generous pours at last year's Italian Regional lunch. Maybe because one of our table mates was wearing a Finding Vino t-shirt. :fish: We're doing that event again this year too and I'm hoping we get plenty of pours again.

I'm not finding many reviews on the Tokyo Pairing. Would love any if anyone has done that one before. The only reference I can find is
from @MickeyMinnieMom I'm a bit nervous on that event as I don't think I'll enjoy much foodwise. Good friends though, can't be beat and I'll be sure to hit up the booths that day.

I'm not finding many reviews on the Tokyo Pairing. Would love any if anyone has done that one before. The only reference I can find is
from @MickeyMinnieMom I'm a bit nervous on that event as I don't think I'll enjoy much foodwise. Good friends though, can't be beat and I'll be sure to hit up the booths that day.
We did Tokyo Pairing in 2017 and 2018 and loved it. Only reason we're not doing it this year is because we miss it by a day!

Our party has been myself, my husband, my sister, my son (12yrs first time) and my daughter (10 yrs first time). We are all adventurous eaters and love Japanese food in general. They refilled drinks for adults, and even made special "mocktails" for the kids.

Here are some pics of each course...

W&D 2017_7587 copy.jpg W&D 2017 Trip_005_IMG_7589 copy.jpg W&D 2017 Trip_7590 copy.jpg W&D 2017_7592 copy.jpg W&D 2017_7597 copy.jpg W&D 2017_7599 copy.jpg W&D 2017_7600 copy.jpg W&D 2017_7601 copy.jpg

We did Tokyo Pairing in 2017 and 2018 and loved it. Only reason we're not doing it this year is because we miss it by a day!

Our party has been myself, my husband, my sister, my son (12yrs first time) and my daughter (10 yrs first time). We are all adventurous eaters and love Japanese food in general. They refilled drinks for adults, and even made special "mocktails" for the kids.

Here are some pics of each course...

View attachment 401490 View attachment 401493 View attachment 401494 View attachment 401487 View attachment 401488 View attachment 401491 View attachment 401492 View attachment 401489
Thank you for posting! A lot more promise that I imagined. Beef and lobster would be the perfect pairing.

Looking for words of encouragement here I suppose... We've never been to F&W, but are happily attending this year! I have been keeping up with this thread and have been watching all of the special dining events that you guys are booking and I am feeling some FOMO. As this is our first year (5 day trip which we plan to attend F&W 2 or 3 of those days, but we also have a park hopper) attending F&W we planned to simply sip and stroll and eat at the kiosks, etc., but not do any of the special dining. We won't be disappointed doing F&W this way, will we?

For first timers, I'd recommend doing exactly what you are planning to do. We have been going since 2005. Just beware of weekends, starting with Friday afternoon. If you can avoid Friday-Sunday, you'll have fun with the kiosks. Remember to stop by World Showplace. That is where the festival center is this year. (It's between the UK and Canada at the Joffrey's cart.) Pick up one of the F&W passports, too, as soon as you enter EPCOT. It's a nice, free souvenir booklet that lists all the kiosks and menus. There is also a larger pamphlet that lists special events for the week. So, if at the "last minute" you decide to take the plunge, there might be something available. Have a great time!!!!!!

I just saw the offerings of the low cost culinary demos. I'm shocked that they've gone from 3 times a day, practically every day of the festival to only once a day and only on weekends. But I'd also love to see the menus at the booths.

But aren't they turning that into the Festival Welcome Center?

They are holding the demos, beverage seminars, pairings etc. there - or at least that’s the location for them currently listed on the site. It’s a large space so I think they could configure it for a few events that overlap in time - excluding PFTS. I looked on my PFTS date and there aren’t events on Sat but are on Sun. So I’m guessing that this year there will be a lot of setting up / breaking down - perhaps part of the reason there are fewer events than in prior years?

I haven’t seen any mention of having a “welcome center” in the sense we’ve had in the past with the merchandise, Ghiardelli display, wine store, open to all - not just event participants, etc. But anything is possible.

Our first time! For those who have been before should we consider F&W our lunch?

I currently have a via Napoli reservation.

I would consider F & W and all day affair. We did it for the first time last year and had to "split" the day because there was so much to try. We went in the morning when the park opened, stayed a few hours, went back to our hotel and lounged at the pool then went back about 4ish and finished our day there. THere seemed to be ALOT to do, try and see and we didn't see it all. Planning to go back again this year and I think we may set aside 2 days of our trip for it.

I can't remember, if I book something like the Parisian breakfast (which is pre-paid), is it non-refundable? We're trying to nail down our dates but I want to book my favs asap!

I just saw the offerings of the low cost culinary demos. I'm shocked that they've gone from 3 times a day, practically every day of the festival to only once a day and only on weekends. But I'd also love to see the menus at the booths.
Disney has killed the seminars by reducing the quality and increasing the price. In the early days of the festival, they were free. For this year, the cost is $19 per person. Most of the culinary demos are now hosted by chefs at the Disney Resorts, not by chefs outside of the park. The seminars were my favorite part of the festival but given all of the recent increases in ticket prices, hotel prices, etc., I'm not going to pay $19 for a 50 to 60 minute seminar. I would imagine at some point, they'll be discontinued altogether.

We are going to get a few hours with no kids on a sunday......suggestions on where to start? Since im hearing there is no way to get through it all I want to at least skip the soso ones or maybe I should just say direct me to the best ones

We are going to get a few hours with no kids on a sunday......suggestions on where to start? Since im hearing there is no way to get through it all I want to at least skip the soso ones or maybe I should just say direct me to the best ones

We won't know until the booth menus are released which will most likely be in August

Disney has killed the seminars by reducing the quality and increasing the price. In the early days of the festival, they were free. For this year, the cost is $19 per person. Most of the culinary demos are now hosted by chefs at the Disney Resorts, not by chefs outside of the park. The seminars were my favorite part of the festival but given all of the recent increases in ticket prices, hotel prices, etc., I'm not going to pay $19 for a 50 to 60 minute seminar. I would imagine at some point, they'll be discontinued altogether.

They were my favorites too. I used to go to several of them per trip. The chefs or sponsors would give little gifts too. I am shocked at how fast the seminar part of the F&WF has declined in the past 3 years.

They aren't even that long. Only 25-35 minutes at most. I miss the days that they were included at no extra charge with EPCOT admission but I understand why they started charging for them. The willing presenters have dwindled over the years and I can understand why. A few years back I stumbled on the list of requirements for the participating presenters & was astounded at the thousands of dollars Disney was requiring them to pay in addition to what they needed to supply to be allowed to present for a couple of days at the festival. This was after they started charging guests to attend the seminars. I don't have a clue what other Festivals out there charge their providers but I thought Disney's asking price was way out of line considering the $ they make off of everything else at the festival. I know if I was a small company there is no way I'd shell out that kind of $ to be allowed to present a couple of seminars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts