2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. We are here now. So far absolutely no issues sharing DxDP credits between two rooms, and using child credits for adult meals. Boma, Tusker House, Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Adventure breakfast, Sanaa. I will report back in a few days on the rest. Honestly no server has even batted an eye. They can see when they pull the credits from one band that there is 1 adult and 2 kids in the room, but I just say "please pull all credits from this band" and "my kids are adventurous eaters, can they share something from the adult menu"... no issues sharing with our family of 9.

Good news. We are here now. So far absolutely no issues sharing DxDP credits between two rooms, and using child credits for adult meals. Boma, Tusker House, Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage Adventure breakfast, Sanaa. I will report back in a few days on the rest. Honestly no server has even batted an eye. They can see when they pull the credits from one band that there is 1 adult and 2 kids in the room, but I just say "please pull all credits from this band" and "my kids are adventurous eaters, can they share something from the adult menu"... no issues sharing with our family of 9.
Thanks for taking some time out of your vacation to update us :)

Currently here, as well. On the DxDDP plan in room with 2 adults and 1 child. Have 2 adults in a second room with no meal plan. We’ve been able to share at Trattoria Al Forna character breakfast and California Grill dinner with no hassle. We will try at Cape May this morning. We also have ADR’s for Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Ale & Compass, Mama Melrose Fantasmic, Sci-Fi, and Beaches & Cream, though we will probably shared meals at the non buffet places because we end up with so much food.

Currently here, as well. On the DxDDP plan in room with 2 adults and 1 child. Have 2 adults in a second room with no meal plan. We’ve been able to share at Trattoria Al Forna character breakfast and California Grill dinner with no hassle. We will try at Cape May this morning. We also have ADR’s for Garden Grill, Rose & Crown, Ale & Compass, Mama Melrose Fantasmic, Sci-Fi, and Beaches & Cream, though we will probably shared meals at the non buffet places because we end up with so much food.
Thank you and please let us know about the sharing of one dx credit between people. I have a family of 6 going next trip and would like to share 3-4 credits at non buffets as well. It is just so much food!

Keep those updates coming we really appreciate it! And have a blast on your trip!

I’m really hoping they don’t distinguish between child and adult credits. My child typically shares our food and with one app entree and dessert, there will be more than enough food for all three of us! Has anyone done this recently?

We were there last week at Ohana (1/20-1/27), we sat next to a table that had 6 people trying to pay with the Deluxe plan. The manager came to the table after the waiter explained that the Deluxe plan credits could no longer shared. The family told them that they had been told by a CM that they could share and that is why they bought the deluxe plan in only one of their rooms. The manager came back and explained that it was being abused and that not allowing sharing of the DDP credits it is now being enforced. He went on to explain to them that families/friends that were in 2 or more rooms were getting the deluxe dining in just one of the rooms and then using the plan credits for both rooms and that Disney is now enforcing no credit sharing on the deluxe plan. The family was really upset and ended up having to pay for 2 meals out of pocket. We talked to them after the manager left and they said they had been doing it this way for a few years and couldn’t believe they were not allowing it anymore. They said they had a room with 3(mom, dad and 17 yr old) in one room and their married daughter and husband and baby in the other room. They said it was their first day of their 10 day vacation and there was no way they could eat all the food between 3 of them on the deluxe plan and having to pay for 2 meals at every meal was crazy when they have the credits. 2 days later we ran into them again and asked if they had run into anymore issues, they said that they had been told the same thing at Boma, Tusker House & Coral Reef and that the only place that allowed it and said nothing was Homecoming in DS. They had also gone to BOG dinner and Chef De France they were told the same thing but the manager allowed it as a 1 time courtesy. Just wanted to share that experience.

Last edited:
We were there last week at Ohana (1/20-1/27), we sat next to a table that had 6 people trying to pay with the Deluxe plan. The manager came to the table after the waiter explained that the Deluxe plan credits could no longer shared. The family told them that they had been told by a CM that they could share and that is why they bought the deluxe plan in only one of their rooms. The manager came back and explained that it was being abused and that not allowing sharing of the DDP credits it is now being enforced. He went on to explain to them that families/friends that were in 2 or more rooms were getting the deluxe dining in just one of the rooms and then using the plan credits for both rooms and that Disney is now enforcing no credit sharing on the deluxe plan. The family was really upset and ended up having to pay for 2 meals out of pocket. We talked to them after the manager left and they said they had been doing it this way for a few years and couldn’t believe they were not allowing it anymore. They said they had a room with 3(mom, dad and 17 yr old) in one room and their married daughter and husband in the other room. They said it was their first day of their 10 day vacation and there was no way they could eat all the food between 3 of them on the deluxe plan and having to pay for 2 meals at every meal was crazy when they have the credits. 2 days later we ran into them again and asked if they had run into anymore issues, they said that they had been told the same thing at Boma, Tusker House & Coral Reef and that the only place that allowed it and said nothing was Homecoming in DS. They had also gone to BOG dinner and Chef De France they were told the same thing but the manager allowed it as a 1 time courtesy. Just wanted to share that experience.
Thank you for the input. This is really crazy. I guess its pretty much a crap shoot :headache:

I also find it very strange that @SPOERLX3 reports that the family she ran into and @shaunacb both ate at least 2 of the same restaurants, Boma and Tusker House, and had entirely different responses to sharing. Maybe even on the same day, if not, definitely within days.

It definitely sounds like a crap shoot and that some servers just charge it as asked and others don’t. I will never know personally since I never do the dxdp but I also would have never thought to do the dxdp in one room and not on the other.
We do normally do the ddp and we have shared our meals (1 meal shared between me and hubby) so I’m not sure if that changed too.

This reported family must have been very hungry. Seven sit down tableservice meals in just over two days. I also find it strange, as many of those restaurants our family dined at a little over two weeks ago. Absolutely no trouble at all sharing the deluxe plan

This reported family must have been very hungry. Seven sit down tableservice meals in just over two days. I also find it strange, as many of those restaurants our family dined at a little over two weeks ago. Absolutely no trouble at all sharing the deluxe plan
I picked up on that also. They wouldn't have had enough credits to cover all of those meals unless they were trying to share credits BOTH ways( with those not on the plan AND sharing one credit amongst 2 or more people).

I was just sharing the info given to me. I’m happy you haven’t had any trouble. I definitely do not have first-hand experience since I have never done the DXDP. All I could share is what information that family gave to me.

I was just sharing the info given to me. I’m happy you haven’t had any trouble. I definitely do not have first-hand experience since I have never done the DXDP. All I could share is what information that family gave to me.

We were caught off guard so left with our unmagical Hollywood and vine experience but didn’t have this thread or an email handy to show the manager. I would love to hear if anyone with an email from guest relations is able to work this out with the managers at the locations that say no. It is crazy that it is hit or miss.

This is really crazy! We have an email confirmation from Guest Services PLUS two different CMs on calls to Disney Dining who told us we could use our DxDP credits to cover meals with guests dining with us who are not on the dining plan. I plan to bring my Guest Services' email confirmation with me when we go next month. What I don't understand is the motive for restaurant managers to refuse accepting DDP credits and force guests to pay OOP for some meals. We've paid a lot of money upfront for the DxDP. What does the restaurant gain from doing this???

This is really crazy! We have an email confirmation from Guest Services PLUS two different CMs on calls to Disney Dining who told us we could use our DxDP credits to cover meals with guests dining with us who are not on the dining plan. I plan to bring my Guest Services' email confirmation with me when we go next month. What I don't understand is the motive for restaurant managers to refuse accepting DDP credits and force guests to pay OOP for some meals. We've paid a lot of money upfront for the DxDP. What does the restaurant gain from doing this???
I can't think of anything they have to gain. If this is really a push from Disney and not a few rogue restaurant managers, I'm sure sales of the Dxddp will go down though. We go very often and have eaten in most restaurants several times. In the early planning stages I always plan on mostly cs and 1 or 2 oop TS. Since we are dvc and often have more than 1 room, I "talk myself into" sharing the dxddp because it does save money. BUT, I know we wouldnt eat that way without sharing credits and Disney makes far more money on my large family by allowing sharing. If they clamp down on it, we will be content saving time and money and eating mostly cs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter