2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to sum up, only had trouble at Hollywood and vine and 50’s worked but cautioned us of changes coming. Hollywood was our only unmagical experience. The manager showed no understanding of our honest confusion, as that was the first I had heard there could even be a problem and found this thread. I had seen so many posts saying it was ok if you had deluxe (which is why we always get it). The manager made us feel as if we were trying to steal from them almost, not the typical friendly Disney approach. We had no problem the remainder of our trip specifically
no problems sharing at Olivia’s, 1900, GF cafe, crystal palace, the wave or coral reef.

Last edited:
Is there any recourse if you asked for clarification via email an received a response saying “yes you can use credits on others not on dining plan”?
If I bought the dining plan expecting to be able to share based on the email response I received I’d be super annoyed if I was treated like I was trying to steal.

I think that anyone being denied using credits to buy a meal for someone might want to write an email do Disney complaining. It was customer backlash that got the statement removed in the first place. Maybe it will help prevent it from being put back on.

IMO it was not emailing Guest services that instigated the change. It was the fact that folks stopped buying the plans.

WHen Disney slammed the hammer down on sharing and folks started doing the hard math on savings, the Dining plans began to lose their luster. The plans are used in part as a means to keep all vacation food budgets in Disney coffers, so the language was removed and sharing was on. I honestly believe that if the language is placed back in the brochures the only way to make changes is to stop buying the plans. Yes, email GS to tell them your decision, but the real impetus for Disney to keep the plans open to sharing is a reduction in purchases.,

Real time update: We are in one room with 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant, trying to share with the other room with 3 adults, 2 children, 1 infant.

Last night was Hoop de Doo, and we had no problems sharing our credits. We checked in, and took our ticket to the guest services window. I explained I was on Dxddp and would like to use credits for the meal. She did it without issue and gave me a $452 refund from the prepayment for the show without question.

Today is Teppan Edo. Will report back.

Are you seeing any issue with using then the child’s credit? I have one room with 1 adult and 1 child and another with 4 adults. I wanted to do deluxe on the smaller room so wouldn’t have some children credits in the mix. I could swap an adult into that room and have 2 adults if it seems to avoid issues.

Are you seeing any issue with using then the child’s credit? I have one room with 1 adult and 1 child and another with 4 adults. I wanted to do deluxe on the smaller room so wouldn’t have some children credits in the mix. I could swap an adult into that room and have 2 adults if it seems to avoid issues.

We had no problems with a deluxe plan listing 2 adult with 2 kids in those places using it for all adults, in fact the Disney app doesn’t keep track of them separately it just says x# of deluxe dining credits remaining. No waiters even asked about it at the places I mentioned above except Hollywood and vine and 50’s which I would just avoid if you have more than listed on room until they clarify this. Whenever kids meals were relatively inexpensive (non character) we just paid out of pocket for the kids to save the deluxe credits for more valuable times.

I will be going in September with 2 adults, 2 kids and one baby in one room; 2 adults in the second room, and 1 adult in a third room. We were planning on getting the deluxe plan for the 2 rooms with adults and splitting the credits between us (Using adult credits for kids meals). If all credits are lumped together, would it make more sense to do the deluxe plan for the room with kids and share them that way? I feel like one way is wasteful and one way is cheating lol

ETA: My room has the Free Dining, QS Option for 2 adults and 2 kids. Other 2 rooms have Standard Plan added to the room.

Last edited:

I will be going in September with 2 adults, 2 kids and one baby in one room; 2 adults in the second room, and 1 adult in a third room. We were planning on getting the deluxe plan for the 2 rooms with adults and splitting the credits between us (Using adult credits for kids meals). If all credits are lumped together, would it make more send to do the deluxe plan for the room with kids and share them that way? I feel like one way is wasteful and one way is cheating lol

ETA: My room has the Free Dining, QS Option for 2 adults and 2 kids. Other 2 rooms have Standard Plan added to the room.

I get what you are saying. I would upgrade your room with the 2 adults and 2 kids to the deluxe plan. If those credits will feed all of you (7) for your trip then I would seriously look at booking the room only discount for the other 2 rooms instead of free dining. You may need to pay for a few QS meals out of pocket but it could be a better deal.

A few more real time updates:
Tuesday was Teppan Edo. We chose to use 5 dxddp credits on adults, and pay kids oop.
Wednesday was Yak and Yeti. We chose to use 5dxddp credits on adults and pay kids on a Landry’s gift card I had.

So far we are 3 for 3 with no issues. No manager approval needed...no declines...no real cm care at all. Today we are headed to studios but chose mama melrose because of the issues elsewhere. Fingers crossed.

I probably wouldn't jump to the conclusion that sharing is no longer allowed. Unless I've missed some posts, the only place it seems to be an issue is 50s PT and H&V.
50's PT and H&V have been reported regularly but I did read of a few more recently, CG being one of them.

Hi All,

I have been following the Disboards Forum for about a month now and have received incredibly useful information for planning our upcoming trip - thanks to everyone on this Forum! This thread in particular was very alarming to me since my husband and I are planning to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan and share credits with my brother who is not on a DDP. I had called the Disney Dining number twice (in November and again last Monday) and was told both times on the phone that we could definitely use our credits to cover meals of guests who are not on the Dining Plan but who are dining with us. This last time, I asked the Cast Member if she could email this confirmation so I could have something in writing in case a Disney restaurant would not allow us to share our credits. The CM said she couldn't send me an email confirmation but suggested that I email Guest Services, which I did on Monday. Yesterday, someone from Guest Services called me and said that she had actually"researched" my request and could confirm that we are allowed to share our dining credits with guests not on a dining plan. She did not know why some people on the Forum had run into problems doing this at some restaurants but would add a note in our Dining Plan that this is allowed. I asked if she could email a confirmation of this to me which she did (copied and pasted below). Note: this correspondence does not answer whether you can use a child credit to pay for an adult meal. I just joined the Disboards Forum in the hopes that this information may help some of you.

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

As we discussed, I have researched your request and was able to confirm with our Itinerary Planning partners that you may use your Deluxe Dining Entitlements to cover your meals, as well as additional Guests in your dining party. Additionally, our partners have also notated your dining reservations with your plans to use your entitlements for everyone in your party.

Should you have any additional questions we are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m & Saturday and Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST at 407-939-4686.

Kind regards,

Kxxx

Disney Group Reservations

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jan 21, 12:06 PM EST

Dear Disneyworld Guest Services,

My husband and I will be staying onsite at the end of February 2019 and are planning to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. Our Disney package balance is due soon so want to make sure that the DxDP still makes sense for us.

Here is my question: my brother, who does not have a Disney Dining Plan, plans to join us to dine at a couple of Signature Restaurants at the parks. Are we able to use our dining credits to cover his meals in addition to our own? I called the Disney Dining number (407-939-1947) in November and again today, and both times the very nice the Cast Members said that we definitely could use our dining credits to cover someone not on the Dining Plan as long as they were at our table. However recently, I have heard conflicting accounts of this on the forums. Could you please confirm that I can use my dining credits to cover the meals of guests who are dining with us but not on a dining plan?

If this is not allowable, I will have to cancel our DxDP along with several Advanced Dining Reservations at the Signature Restaurants. We are staying 6 nights but will only be in the parks for 5 days. There is no way that my husband and I alone could eat that much food!

Thanks!

Laura​

Hi All,

I have been following the Disboards Forum for about a month now and have received incredibly useful information for planning our upcoming trip - thanks to everyone on this Forum! This thread in particular was very alarming to me since my husband and I are planning to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan and share credits with my brother who is not on a DDP. I had called the Disney Dining number twice (in November and again last Monday) and was told both times on the phone that we could definitely use our credits to cover meals of guests who are not on the Dining Plan but who are dining with us. This last time, I asked the Cast Member if she could email this confirmation so I could have something in writing in case a Disney restaurant would not allow us to share our credits. The CM said she couldn't send me an email confirmation but suggested that I email Guest Services, which I did on Monday. Yesterday, someone from Guest Services called me and said that she had actually"researched" my request and could confirm that we are allowed to share our dining credits with guests not on a dining plan. She did not know why some people on the Forum had run into problems doing this at some restaurants but would add a note in our Dining Plan that this is allowed. I asked if she could email a confirmation of this to me which she did (copied and pasted below). Note: this correspondence does not answer whether you can use a child credit to pay for an adult meal. I just joined the Disboards Forum in the hopes that this information may help some of you.

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

As we discussed, I have researched your request and was able to confirm with our Itinerary Planning partners that you may use your Deluxe Dining Entitlements to cover your meals, as well as additional Guests in your dining party. Additionally, our partners have also notated your dining reservations with your plans to use your entitlements for everyone in your party.

Should you have any additional questions we are available Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m & Saturday and Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST at 407-939-4686.

Kind regards,

Kxxx

Disney Group Reservations

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jan 21, 12:06 PM EST

Dear Disneyworld Guest Services,

My husband and I will be staying onsite at the end of February 2019 and are planning to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. Our Disney package balance is due soon so want to make sure that the DxDP still makes sense for us.

Here is my question: my brother, who does not have a Disney Dining Plan, plans to join us to dine at a couple of Signature Restaurants at the parks. Are we able to use our dining credits to cover his meals in addition to our own? I called the Disney Dining number (407-939-1947) in November and again today, and both times the very nice the Cast Members said that we definitely could use our dining credits to cover someone not on the Dining Plan as long as they were at our table. However recently, I have heard conflicting accounts of this on the forums. Could you please confirm that I can use my dining credits to cover the meals of guests who are dining with us but not on a dining plan?

If this is not allowable, I will have to cancel our DxDP along with several Advanced Dining Reservations at the Signature Restaurants. We are staying 6 nights but will only be in the parks for 5 days. There is no way that my husband and I alone could eat that much food!

Thanks!

Laura​
Thank you so much for this. It seems like there are more " yes, you can share" adult credits with other adults not on the dining plan written responses from Disney, but not many more. If I were planning on going soon and sharing credits, I would do exactly what you have done and print out Guest Services response.

I disagree. The DDP is not discretionary. There’s either a policy, or there’s not. Guests should not have to find out at the restaurant whether their credits are usable “in any order...until depleted” or not.

Therefore, if the above letter is true, then it sounds like guests need to start writing down the names of these managers to allow GS Planners to address them personally on this issue.
:worship:
Yep. As much as the dining plans cost, there shouldn’t be gray areas on how they can be used.

By the way, is everyone with the positive response letters saving them to show if there's an issue?
Yes, we plan to take our Guest Services email with us to show restaurant if sharing is refused; also, we'll send an email "complaint" to Guest Services when we return. As others have mentioned, the DDxP costs a lot of money and there shouldn't be guesswork on how meal credits can be used.

Is this only an issue for the DDxP? My family is planning to share the DDP across 2 rooms as there are only a couple of meals we want to do that would make it worthwhile.

Is this only an issue for the DDxP? My family is planning to share the DDP across 2 rooms as there are only a couple of meals we want to do that would make it worthwhile.

No reason it would be different for different plans, but the only reports we've seen are from DxDDP as that is the easier plan to share.

Just remember with the regular DDP, kid's are required to order off the kid's menu at TS, so you can't use kid's credits for adult meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter