2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/11/19

Ohana Dinner

Dining with 2 more than room reservation.

Server didn’t say one thing about it and we didn’t ask. At the end of the meal all was covered by the dining plan on one room reservation.

For those that have asked, they still don’t seem to be separating kid and adult credits on DxDDP. All servers mention having “xx credits remaining” and dont say anything about kids and adults.

I sent an email and received a similar response to whoever posted before. They told me I could pay for the other meals OOP and use credits for ours.

I decided to just not add the dining plan and cancel CG brunch. It isn't worth taking the chance and end up paying that much for the extra two people. We were only doing brunch as a splurge because we would have the credits left over. It is also our last day, so we would end up not being able to use the left over credits.

If a manager tells you no, then just order 2 entrees for yourself. Then, pass it along to the person not staying on site. They cannot stop you from doing that.

It would be foolish of Disney to make an issue of this. I have no doubt that there are many instances where the decision to go is BECAUSE meals are covered (by someone else's DP). Disney is not losing ANY meals by letting people share. In FACT, they are potentially gaining revenue because of increased ticket/souvenir sales from people who make the decision to go because the meals will be covered. Lets fact it, meals are expensive. It would absolutely be the deciding factor for some people.

I would listen more to the people who are there now sharing and having a successful experience than an email from a cm. That's just me also the money you save would cover a meal that one rogue manager may stop you from using.

I emailed this question:

“We are a party of 6 traveling to Disney World later this month. We will be staying in 2 rooms, and plan to purchase the Deluxe Dining plan for 1 room. If we are dining together, and have extra entitlements, can we use them for the others dining with us?”

Here is the response I received:
You will be thrilled to learn that you are more than welcome to use those entitlements at your discretion - including purchasing meals for those not in your party. Make sure you take that into account when calculating your credits to make sure you do not run out sooner than expected.

With this shared feel free to invite your friends for dinner and have a great time!

Now I’m not sure if I should go ahead with DXDDP or not. It would allow us to do some buffets we would skip otherwise, and I have an answer in writing if anyone asks, but I don’t want a hassle on vacation.

I’d never try to get around policy, but it would sure be nice to know exactly what the policy is before spending so much money.

I emailed this question:

“We are a party of 6 traveling to Disney World later this month. We will be staying in 2 rooms, and plan to purchase the Deluxe Dining plan for 1 room. If we are dining together, and have extra entitlements, can we use them for the others dining with us?”

Here is the response I received:
You will be thrilled to learn that you are more than welcome to use those entitlements at your discretion - including purchasing meals for those not in your party. Make sure you take that into account when calculating your credits to make sure you do not run out sooner than expected.

With this shared feel free to invite your friends for dinner and have a great time!

Now I’m not sure if I should go ahead with DXDDP or not. It would allow us to do some buffets we would skip otherwise, and I have an answer in writing if anyone asks, but I don’t want a hassle on vacation.

I’d never try to get around policy, but it would sure be nice to know exactly what the policy is before spending so much money.

In theory-you have your answer in print-stated by the Disney dining experts themselves.

In reality-There are simply too many contradictions around.

Your answer may well say ‘yes!’
However; come the actual dining days and redemption of credits-
What happens next is anyone’s guess?!

So I answered the first email stating that I understand I could pay cash for the other half of our party, but I did not want to, I wanted to use my dining credits. I specifically asked if this was not allowed. This is the response I received today:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! Sorry for the confusion.

You get those dining allotments as a grand total at resort check in and you can redeem them however you like from that point forward until midnight on the day you check out. You are able to share them, yes.

I still cancelled CG brunch, it just isn't worth taking the chance, and I booked Homecoming brunch instead. But I think I will go back to getting the plan and sharing credits for the couple of meals we are sharing. We should still end up at least $200 ahead of paying OOP.

No issues (or manager approval required) at Akershus and La Hacienda today. They happily let us use extra credits for those not in our room, and let my son order an adult meal (really? The most Mexican thing on the kids menu is a cheese quesadilla? That didn’t fly.)

Ok, last one. 1/13/19 Homecomin’ brunch. Server had to ask to be sure, but no issue using more credits than our room reservation.

When it was all said and done, we had no hiccups using the credits however we wanted, or with kids ordering adult meals on the DxDDP. I’m not sure what happened at the end of December/very beginning of January, but for all my fears, it worked exactly the way I hoped.

Ok, last one. 1/13/19 Homecomin’ brunch. Server had to ask to be sure, but no issue using more credits than our room reservation.

When it was all said and done, we had no hiccups using the credits however we wanted, or with kids ordering adult meals on the DxDDP. I’m not sure what happened at the end of December/very beginning of January, but for all my fears, it worked exactly the way I hoped.
That is really good to hear; so glad it worked out for you! Thank you very much for the live reporting, too.

I’m planning on using DxDDP credits in several “creative” configurations in early May so I’ll continue to watch this thread in case anything changes. I may also report back on my experience in case things are still in flux then, but I’m really hoping this all gets resolved definitively either way beforehand. It has been confusing to see all the contradictory experiences AND contradictory emails from guest services! Makes you wonder what might be going on behind the scenes. :confused3

Seems like it’s less of an issue now? Maybe some rogue managers and misinterpretation of the rules that have been clarified?

I have just emailed disney with this..

"Lately there has been conflicting reports about sharing dining entitlements with other guests not on the reservation. Some managers of restaurants haven't been allowing it and some have. Also, when people email and ask about sharing credits, some CMs respond you can share, some say you cannot share. I have booked across two rooms, 4 adults, 1 child, 1 infant. My plan was to get the deluxe dining for 3 adults and split amongst my entire party (we will always been dining together so using 4 credits each meal) Will I be allowed to do this?"

I will post my response. I wasn't sure if people who previously posted when they emailed disney about sharing if they mentioned it seemed to be an issue all of a sudden and how there have been conflicting reports.

my reply from disney this (notice its the same cast member who told someone else no "rainbow mohammad"
Rainbow Mohammed (Disney)

Jan 14, 5:10 PM EST

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

So glad to hear you are joining us soon!

Great question!

The official answer is, all guests' using any Disney® Dining Plan entitlement, must have a resort stay and have purchased the dining plan, if over the age of 2. While I believe you when you say you have done it before, the policy is being enforced more. I hope this helps Jennifer.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the walt disney world website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Have a Magical Day my friend!

Sincerely,

Rainbow Mohammed
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

so who is this cast member who is telling people its ok vs rainbow?

It's Russell:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so happy to hear you are planning a vacation with us! We appreciate and understand your request to make your vacation as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

You will be happy to know you may use your entitlements for any Guests dining with you.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Russell
eCommerce Sales and Service Team"

Last edited:
Below is another that said it was okay, but the one I received saying no was another CM, not Rainbow. Her name was Vonda.

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort! Sorry for the confusion.

You get those dining allotments as a grand total at resort check in and you can redeem them however you like from that point forward until midnight on the day you check out. You are able to share them, yes.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website. Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Sherri
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter