2018 Return to Sleepy Hollow Event

Dessert party details: seven tall round tables in the blacksmith shop, no chairs. Not too many people here so finding a table was not difficult. Beer and wine available, apple infused water, lemonade, iced tea, moonshine juice (non alcoholic). Yummy pumpkin spice s’mores!

Overall, we thought the event was well worth the price (we opted for the dessert party package). We were able to access the dessert party well before 9pm, enjoyed the desserts and drinks, and went to the stable around 9:40. Only issue was no chairs for the tall tables at the dessert party and my husband and I were trying to hoist our daughter up so she could eat.

There’s a photopass photographer in the entrance of the stable to take pics in front of a Halloweeen display of jack-o-lanterns, hay bales, and a backdrop with the Return to Sleepy Hollow logo. Next, they had full-size bags of Pop Secret popcorn in 5 different flavors available to each attendee.

Since we had purchased the fancy dessert package we had our choice of seats in the first four rows which looked like different chairs than the rest of the seats. Chairs were well spaced so we had great views from the second row, although the entire seating area looked to be well-spaced, too. Spoiler alert: (if you like surprises stop reading here!!) once the Legend Of Sleepy Hollow was over, the screen lifts to reveal the Headless Horseman and horse! So incredibly cool! We didn’t attend last year, so maybe they had the same reveal, but it was seriously awesome and I wish I could have filmed it. Then, guests can have photopass pics taken in front of the Headless Horseman and horse (there’s a small fence that divides you from the horse and Headless Horseman, which was helpful because my five year old was a little scared).

Another spoiler alert: for the ticket packages that qualify for the “gift,” it’s a dark green insulated cooler (I think maybe the same as last year, just a different color), Headless Horseman pin, plastic cup with event logo, candy, and a Headless Horseman lanyard.

We’ve done quite a few special ticketed events and dessert parties, and hands down this was the best. Dessert party was very small and enjoyable, viewing area was awesome (DD loved seeing the horses and ponies around us). And the Headless Horseman is just the coolest thing ever, but we are huge fans of the story and Disney cartoon.

Last edited:
Yoda22
Thanks for the report! Can't wait for my turn. And yes that was how the reveal was done last year. It was awesome. Sounds pretty much just like last year for the gift as well. Cooler was black.

Thanks for the review! We loved this last year and are going again this year on 10/30 with the dessert party. Looks awesome!

Oooh this is exciting news! I was planning to attempt to get a Headless Horseman pin through the MNSSHP mystery pin sets but this is much easier :angel:
We weren't expecting it at all. It was definitely a nice surprise! Hopefully it works out the same for everyone else!! It's a really cool pin.

Also, we were in the very last row and it didn't feel like it took too long for us to get our turn taking a picture with the HH. It was a super fun event!!

The “Return to Sleepy Hollow” begins on September 28 at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: September 28-30, October 3-7, October 10-14, 17-21, 24-31 at 8 and 10 p.m.

For anyone attending this event would love to see pictures of the goodies you get. Also love to see a review and some pictures of the new dessert party.

I know it's early but I am very excited!

Thanks for starting this thread! YOU ROCK!!! :thumbsup2

So about that cup you get in the lunchbag - it turns orange when you put something cold in it. Pretty cool. I guess its a magic cup! I put milk in it and kinda freaked out when it turned orange. Washed it and it was normal again. Then decided to try ice water and same thing. Very Cool!
I didn't know that! Haven't used them yet, but that is awesome!

Managed to snag 2 general admission tickets that were cancellations for tonight's 8:00 show. This was a really fun event! With the general admission you get treats and a pin, but you sit closer to the back of the stables for the movie, which was fine with me because it was closer to the fan! It was hot today! The horseman reveal was awesome & overall I'm really glad we were able to do this. Something different & fun that not that many people get to experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter