2018 Princess Half Marathon

You can walk form Poly to TTC, then ferry or monorail to MK from there.

That's what I figured you meant anyway. ;)

But then I'm still thinking of the Half, and that people at Poly said they just walked to TTC and got on the parks monorail, instead of having to transfer from resorts to parks.

Is anyone else wanting to do Tinkerbell 2018 also to get their coast to coast Pink Medal? I'm really tempted to do it but I have never done a California Race.

Yes. And I don't love Anaheim races. But the collector in me says "do it".

Is there any benefit to booking your hotel accommodations through the run Disney number? We have annual passes, so we don't need a package of any kind.
I am also an AP and I didn't use them since they require tickets to be purchased also. I did read about an associated travel agency that will refund the tickets for AP's. Acclaim maybe?? Can someone confirm? TIA

Is there any benefit to booking your hotel accommodations through the run Disney number? We have annual passes, so we don't need a package of any kind.

same boat and other than getting a resort with rare discounts few years ago no, I actually prefer other methods so I'm not under pkg rules

I'm an AP holder and just book on my own. When I looked into booking with RunDisney in 2014 the price was the same, but if you called in they would honor discounts such as FL or AP rates if available. Even though I was looking to book a room only I would have had to put down a $200 deposit with the balance due 45 days prior to check in. The entire amount was refundable up to 5 days before check in. They said it was because it's booked as a group reservation.

Is anyone else wanting to do Tinkerbell 2018 also to get their coast to coast Pink Medal? I'm really tempted to do it but I have never done a California Race.

I am! Hopefully Tink will be my 2nd DL race. My DH and I are signed up for Avengers in November.

I am also an AP and I didn't use them since they require tickets to be purchased also. I did read about an associated travel agency that will refund the tickets for AP's. Acclaim maybe?? Can someone confirm? TIA
I used runDisney for marathon weekend and they didn't require the tickets just the 2 night hotel stay. Acclaim won't make you buy the tickets if everyone in your room is an AP holder. It's kind of complicated but it explains it on their website.

I actually have wanted to do this since 2015, but I want to get through a Princess weekend injury free first!

I ran the Princess in 2014 and now talking with some friends about doing a Run Disney race. I haven't been following this thread so perhaps this was discussed sometime in the past 30 pages - but I am surprised to see that the registration for the 2018 Princess Half is still open. When I signed up three years ago, the race sold out within a couple of days. Have these races started to lose their luster? Quite honestly, I would be thrilled with that as it seemed like they were getting so popular as being unbelievable. The races are super expensive and you have to commit so far out in advance. But now I'm wondering if the races are finally at a manageable point where you don't have to sit there on registration day and pray you'll get a spot. Or, have they now opened up the race to so many runners that it's just going to be a over-crowded mess?

I'd also consider the Dark Side, which is still not open yet - but I figure that one is going to be even more popular since it's new. Maybe the sheer number of races available make the Princess more reasonable now? Thoughts?

I am planning to do it (along with CaliforniaGirl09), but we are from Idaho and California, respectively, so it's the WDW races that are harder for us. We got our blue 10th anniversary coast to coast and Kessel Run medals this year for doing SWLS and DS, so next year it's the pink (and another blue since we are also doing 2018 Star Wars at DL) coast to coast. We are both heading down to DL for Tinkerbell this weekend and are going to see if we can sign up for the 2018 Tink half at the expo.

Awesome! Glad I'll see some familiar faces on a soon to be Tinkerbell 2018 thread. princess::jumping1:

I ran the Princess in 2014 and now talking with some friends about doing a Run Disney race. I haven't been following this thread so perhaps this was discussed sometime in the past 30 pages - but I am surprised to see that the registration for the 2018 Princess Half is still open. When I signed up three years ago, the race sold out within a couple of days. Have these races started to lose their luster? Quite honestly, I would be thrilled with that as it seemed like they were getting so popular as being unbelievable. The races are super expensive and you have to commit so far out in advance. But now I'm wondering if the races are finally at a manageable point where you don't have to sit there on registration day and pray you'll get a spot. Or, have they now opened up the race to so many runners that it's just going to be a over-crowded mess?

I'd also consider the Dark Side, which is still not open yet - but I figure that one is going to be even more popular since it's new. Maybe the sheer number of races available make the Princess more reasonable now? Thoughts?

I'm thinking more people are signing up for the challenge instead of just the half. JMO

I'm planning to! I've never been to Disneyland but I'm DYING to go so I'm hoping this will give me the motivation to actually make the trip happen!

I finally got my email confirmation about my entry from active (went through acclaim). I had faith it would work out, but I'm so happy that's done. Now to be ready for the race!

And now you can be one of us who counsels others that it will all be ok. :)

I think it's a combination of things. First, the challenge sold out quickly - more folks going for the challenge over "just" the half. Second, the running boom has dissipated some overall and we're seeing a return to more normal sales. In 2012, I registered for the Princess 5K less than a month out from the race and few races sold out long before race day, if at all.

Same goes for Dark Side. Its half never sold out this year, so I doubt it will for 2018, either. The challenge I think was also still open for a long time. The 10K did sell out.

I finally got my email confirmation about my entry from active (went through acclaim). I had faith it would work out, but I'm so happy that's done. Now to be ready for the race!
Now if they would just announce the theme!

Honestly, I'm a little surprised. I know nothing is selling out as quickly, but I thought with this being the anniversary and all of the pre-registration they had, it might sell out quickly.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised. I know nothing is selling out as quickly, but I thought with this being the anniversary and all of the pre-registration they had, it might sell out quickly.
I think the earlier post had the right idea, the people who know about and care about the anniversary year and would have signed up particularly to run in the anniversary race weekend- are likely doing the Challenge. I can see how the enthusiasm to be in it during the special year could also translate into wanting to get all the special medals and experiencing all the races.

I think the earlier post had the right idea, the people who know about and care about the anniversary year and would have signed up particularly to run in the anniversary race weekend- are likely doing the Challenge. I can see how the enthusiasm to be in it during the special year could also translate into wanting to get all the special medals and experiencing all the races.

I thought about it but if my husband is doing the challenge - we'll still have the pretty medals in our house! I can stay at the distance that I enjoy more - 10K!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter