2018 Princess Half Marathon

I've never done a runDisney event. I'm signed up for the 10k (never done one).

Would it be better to do the parks before or after the 10k? Why?

I'd truly appreciate any advice :)

And ...
Historically, when have the themes been announced?

I've never done a runDisney event. I'm signed up for the 10k (never done one).

Would it be better to do the parks before or after the 10k? Why?
In general, I always say parks after racing. Once done racing, there's no pressure to eat the right things at the right times, to limit time on your feet, to get to bed early, etc. I just think you can be more relaxed once the race/s is/are done.

I agree, if you can save park days for after the race. You don't want your legs to be too tired!

Has everyone started training yet? I'm training for a 10K in September that I'm hoping to use as PoT. So my longest run has only been 3 miles so far. I have 3.5 planned for this weekend. It's getting hot in my area and I'm so miserable training in the heat :-(

Has everyone started training yet? I'm training for a 10K in September that I'm hoping to use as PoT. So my longest run has only been 3 miles so far. I have 3.5 planned for this weekend. It's getting hot in my area and I'm so miserable training in the heat :-(
I'm training for a 10 miler in September for my Dopey POT right now so my long run on Sunday was 6 miles. I'm hoping to use the Wine and Dine 10k as my POT for Princess.

It's getting hot in my area and I'm so miserable training in the heat :-(
I hear you, I live in FL and it is pretty miserable out :( BUT I just keep telling myself in the fall I am going to be so much faster because of it :D

Has everyone started training yet?
Nope: I'min summer mode until next month, when Dopey training will officially start. And Dopey training is my PHM training, lol!

I hear you, I live in FL and it is pretty miserable out :( BUT I just keep telling myself in the fall I am going to be so much faster because of it :D
:thumbsup2 Fellow Floridian here and for sure - if we survive, we'll be in top form, lol! ;)

I ran the DS Half in April. I have continued running 3 miles 3 times per week since that race, doing some local 5K's if they start by 7:30. It's too hot here in Texas to run later than that. My weekly runs start between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. I'm running the Super Heroes Half in November so I'll have to start longer distances soon.:sunny:

I'm training for the NYC marathon in November so that will be my PHM training. Hopefully I won't be too much of a wreck afterwards. My wedding and honeymoon are in January so probably no training then :P

Nope. And admitting it is part of the problem. ;)

I've got to get to a podiatrist because I think I have something like ganglion cysts in my ankles. ITs a weird place for them but it makes so much sense. And if I do, then it's possible it's stretching a tendon which is causing pain and instability. I've got it all diagnosed lol. Just gotta find someone to see.

And these last nearly 8 days I've been dealing with some crazy cellulitis in my face (how does THAT happen???) where even my yoga, ballet, and Pilates classes have been too much for me. I'm losing my mind from the inactivity... and 6 days into the second of two antibiotics (at the same time no less) I'm worried that I'm developing a problem with it. Getting itchy about an hour after I take it. Might have to go see someone tomorrow about it.

So anyway, my cousin is doing the challenge for the first time (first half) and is training and doing amazing, and I'm a slug. :) Must fix all problems and get back into it. Don't want to be embarrassed like I was this (very injured) year.

I'm doing the W&D Two Course Challenge in November, so I'll start training for that in August, then roll my W&D training right on into training for PHM18.

I'm doing the W&D Two Course Challenge in November, so I'll start training for that in August, then roll my W&D training right on into training for PHM18.

Same here! Just running for fun until training for W&D 2 Course starts.

Not training yet, but keeping up with my runs. It is brutal here in South Louisiana! If it's not storming with lightning and thunder, it's 93 degrees!

I just ran a marathon over the weekend so my plan is to do some easy running and more cross training over the summer and pick the running back up in the fall. I need to find a fall race to keep me motivated. February seems so far away!

Started officially training today! Being a bigger princess, I need all the training time I can get. :) I'm loosely following Jeff Galloway's plan on the runDisney site; so from now until Oct. 24, I'm training to get very comfortable with a 10K.

Got my GymBoss in the mail today! Can't wait to try it out. My Garmin Forerunner 10 is great for keeping pace, but has some limitations.

I just ran a marathon over the weekend so my plan is to do some easy running and more cross training over the summer and pick the running back up in the fall. I need to find a fall race to keep me motivated. February seems so far away!

I said the same thing a few weeks ago, so I registered for the Disneyland Half. Then I said to self, "Self, you need that Coast to Coast 10th Anniversary medal to go with your spring Princess 10th Anniversary medal." So then I registered for Wine & Dine Half.

Next weekend I have 8 miles on the training plan for the Disneyland Half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!