2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I was wondering if that had anything to do with Pop Warner week taking up rooms. CSR was also not available in the time frame either, so maybe they're staying in that particular moderate this year (along with POP & the values)?

That's what I'm thinking too. The reason it's not working for length of stay for just these dates is because there are no rooms available into the next week. Interesting that they would give you the dates that are available instead of just saying not available at all.

As to CSR, they've stayed there in the past; I know because we were leaving as they were coming in.

I was able to get my FD at 6am, 3am PST... I am sooo tired.. My dates are 12/12-12/17 at POP. I selected a preferred room but had options of all rooms including standard. I tried modifying my existing reservation and it had me wait a few minutes and told me not to refresh my page. On another tab I tried booking a new reservation and I got to the end of the reservation and entered my Disney gift card but it wouldn't accept it so, I waited through the process to modify my existing reservation instead. I was even able to upgrade to dining which included TS which was pretty cool. Good luck everyone on getting what you want. I didn't get my preferred dates as they were excluded so, my November trip is out and December is in.

Lol good to know, I was going to ask the same thing the other person asked! I'm at work so I'm kind of glad there's no music, but I was also a little worried.
Meeee too LOL.. I have my headset out etc to hide the music...then there was no music ... I was like ohhhhhhhhh nooooooo LOL

We currently have POP booked. Check-in 9/29. Pop has no availability for FD on this date, but I was able to get us the RO discount which saves $163. Allstar Sports has FD option within our dates. With adding Hopper and upgrading to DDP it will be about $460 increase from our original booking (with no discount). Would you switch to Sports or stay with Pop with the RO and watch for FD openings at POP?

I see the arrivals part now but it definitely says "non-discounted 5 night/6 day magic your way package". That's a copy and paste from the website so maybe we are looking at different promotions ‍♀️
That's just listed as an example. They list an example like this every year. It's a four night stay with four day parkhopper tickets as the minimum requirement.

It took us forever to decide on POR and now it isn't included. Debating between CSR or AKL...my heart says AKL but is it really worth the extra $$?

Yes....yes.....and YES!!!!! It's our favorite resort when we don't have the full gang! I prefer being in the main building than Kidani and with 3 kids we get put in Kidani, so we prefer the other deluxe resorts in those instances but when it's just the husband and I or we have 1 less kid, due to something else going on, we choose AKL EVERY TIME!

I just was able to apply the free dining promotion to a trip my wife is taking in September. Saved a bunch of money. She is staying at All Star Sports.

Cabins at FW accommodate 6 adults, but for whatever reason it will not pop up when I search with 4 adults, 2 kids (one an infant) but it does pop up with 3 adults and 2 kids. Any idea why that may be? (FD offer)

Debating on doing that instead of 2 rooms at a value, any insight there?

My husband just called in to the reservation line, just to play around with our dates and see what they had available club level and he was able to get Boardwalk and Sugar Loaf at the Grand, for those 2 offers, the one at the Boardwalk was the same price as our Bounceback offer we booked at the Contemporary and the one at the Grand was 1500.00 more than our Bounceback.

Our Bounceback is for the Contemporary Club Level and he used the exact same dates.
I was going to try for POP, but after reading your experience with the room checks, we decided to go with a moderate instead. I'm sorry you had such a horrible time with housekeeping! Sure hope they get their act together soon!

Congrats to all who got what they wanted!! I am an AP this year so didn't qualify just followed along for fun. Will say based on hotels excluded and now a 5 night stay seems FD may finally be on it's way out - but enjoy it while you can!
You still qualify, you can save your four day tickets for another time and continue using your AP.

What time did you get it?? I carted LK at 5:30 but when I went to check out it kept saying unavailable. I booked Cars, but my DD would much rather have LK or Nemo

I posted at 9:34, so I guess it was 9:30am?

Check again and don't bother with the modifying. Just book a new one. FYI, after I'm done here I'm deleting my full price LK suite 8/4-8/17 if the system will let me.

EDIT: It won't let me. I'll do when the system calms down

Should I be worried? I keep getting glitches on the website while I'm trying to modify my reservations. I want the Enchanted Escape room only discount. I'm also on hold with disney......they said it would be a two hour wait and we're going on 1.5 hours right now. My concern is the disney music isn't playing anymore but my phone clearly shows I'm still on hold with the call.

No surprise ... is this one of the most restrictive free dining options? Whew .. 5 nights .. with tickets .. with hoppers .. that's a lot of money to throw down for "free" dining. Though .. I'd be all on-board if it fell within my planned dates.

Shows how crowded Oct/Nov will be though considering they don't offer it then.

Are there room only discounts released now too? I don't see any of the posts listing them (and the website is down, of course).

4 nights/4 day tickets with hopper

I found the Visa card promo but how can you modify your existing booked reservation? I don’t see it when I try to modify

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter