2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I can't get into anything. Does anyone know the dates and restriction details on the off chance I get through and there's something left? Thanks!

Get a Free Dining Plan when you buy a non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney World Resort hotel and ticket with a Park Hopper Option.
For arrivals most nights August 20-September 29, November 24–27 and December 7–23, 2018. With so many fun things to do at all four Theme Parks, it’s the right time to experience the magic of a Disney Resort hotel stay!
When you stay at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, you get the Disney Dining Plan with a variety of delicious dining options! When you stay at a select Disney Value Resort or Disney Moderate Resort, you get the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan that allows you to enjoy a quick bite!
Requirements and Disclaimers
A minimum 4-night length of stay and 4-day ticket with Park Hopper Option is required.
Guests can upgrade from a free dining plan to a more expensive dining plan by paying the difference from the usual cost of their included dining plan the usual cost of their preferred dining plan.
Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort—The Little Mermaid standard rooms.
Book through July 7, 2018.
Excluded Resorts and Room Categories
Contemporary Resort
Wilderness Lodge
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Fort Wilderness Campsites
All 3-bedroom villas
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms

I accidentally booked one too many nights. Will I be able to cancel one night only or will I lose my whole package deal? I have 6 nights and I need only 5.
I would suggest calling....but....since you already have it booked, I would suggest waiting until things calm down before attempting to change anything.

Before today, my family had a bounce back offer booked at Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights in December (Standard Room). I was able to get free dining this morning in a Standard Room at Coronado Springs but with an added night, so a total of 6 nights. My new reservation was $110 cheaper than my Wilderness Lodge bounce back. While I hate not staying at WL, I still believe we got a good deal out of it. An extra night plus free meals, all for $110 cheaper than I was paying.

I still have to cancel my WL reservation though, but I'm not calling today. How long will Disney allow you to have 2 reservations for the same time period? If I call in a few days to cancel the old res, will that be okay? Any thoughts are appreciated.

We were able to get FD thanks to our wonderful TA. Got an email from her at 4:38 AM saying she had a room at Pop on hold for us and we just needed to give her the OK to put the deposit down. Great news because I had absolutely zero luck getting the site to work. Having great professionals who know all the ins and outs of FD booking is highly recommended. The TA/Agency shall remain nameless since I know promoting anyone here is frowned upon quite harshly.

I got exactly what I wanted at 6:30am (12/8-16 in a standard room at Pop), which is good because I can't get to the deals page at all now (looking for other family members who may also want to go).

I would suggest calling....but....since you already have it booked, I would suggest waiting until things calm down before attempting to change anything.

It let me change it online. I added a day and got a confirmation email. Its worth a shot.

Before today, my family had a bounce back offer booked at Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights in December (Standard Room). I was able to get free dining this morning in a Standard Room at Coronado Springs but with an added night, so a total of 6 nights. My new reservation was $110 cheaper than my Wilderness Lodge bounce back. While I hate not staying at WL, I still believe we got a good deal out of it. An extra night plus free meals, all for $110 cheaper than I was paying.

I still have to cancel my WL reservation though, but I'm not calling today. How long will Disney allow you to have 2 reservations for the same time period? If I call in a few days to cancel the old res, will that be okay? Any thoughts are appreciated.
I don't think they really care since people have multiple reservations booked for family and whatnot. You should be fine waiting a few days.

The discount page is now saying there is no availability. But I don't even know if that's true or just Disney IT.

I'll write a quick post about my experience this morning...just in case it helps anyone out. I was online at 5 am. My change a reservation button was not there. I think it is due to the fact that I had a BB booked from our April trip and I needed a CM to modify it to get the room type. So I booked a separate reservation and will call when things get a bit calmer to cancel the original one. I was looking for CSR. When I went in through the check availability link on the promo it said no rooms available for my stay 12/23 -- 1/4. I tried about 5 times and then booked CBR. Then I went into MDE and used the change button on the reservation I just made. I was able to change it to CSR with no problem. I got confirmation emails on the first try for CBR and then the second try for CSR. I also upgraded the dining package and had no issues.

Site was messed up this morning for changing an existing res. Had to call in been on hold for an hour and a half. When will this all end......

For those who added or modified today to are you able to use the MDE app now? Mine is being glitchy, won't let me log in. I've already gotten a confirmation email about FD, but wanted to check to be sure it's showing on MDE. Maybe it's being affected by all the traffic? I'm not very high tech, so not sure!
I'm having the same issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter