2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?
If you don't have a dining plan added to your original reservation and have the minimum ticket requirement it should stay the same.

I got it! Thanks to this board. You guys are great!

I feel like I should post my experience though (for future reference). At 5 AM, I could see the offer on the special offers page. However, when I would try to modify my existing reservation, it said it wasn't available. I also tried to start a new reservation, but it was also saying it wasn't available. I then vaguely remembered that someone had said that the offer may pop up on the special offers page, but it may take a few minutes before you can actually book.

So, I had two pages open (one for my existing reservation and the other for a new reservation), and I just kept circling back until the offer went through. The new reservation became available first. So, I filled everything out and held off on clicking the Purchase button. Then I kept refreshing my existing reservation. I wasn't sure how long I was going to keep doing this. Eventually (around 5:18 AM), I was able to change my existing reservation.

So, it works. Just have to be patient, I suppose.

So excited about my "free" food!

Congrats to all of you who got what you wanted!!
November dates were so limited did anyone get Pop for November???
I got my dates changed but had a client really wanting Pop and no go!

Got what we wanted! Modify reservation would not work so I had to rebook the exact same vacation. It was super wonky throughout the entire process. Would not let me check out with memory maker so it auto removed it and then wouldn't let me check out after that. Had to go back and redo everything, but thankfully lucked out and got it to go through. And now I'm supposed to go back to sleep! lol

Having to rebook - will you now have to pay resort parking?

I got it. Swtched from Movies to Music (not sure if I had to but rather than wast time trying to figure out if Movies was eligible it seemed easier to just click the change resort button because it wasn't showing up other-wise). Got free Quick Service dining, my package price stayed exactly the same!!!!! I am so thrilled!!!! This just made my trip SO much better and less stressful. Will be tire at work today (I had my alarm wake me every hour from3am-6am and I really didn't fall back to sleep fully in between) SOOOoooo worth it!!!! THANK YOU, all of you for helping me though this!!!!!!!:flower1:

I was not able to modify my pop reservation. However, I was able to create a new reservation at sports (not my top pick but for $1000 savings, I'll take it). Here is my question: I also called and was able to talk to a cast member by 7:15. She was not able to add the offer to my pop reservation, but said that she does see availablility at CBR. I was not interested in switching, but she also said that the free dining would only be applied 11/24-11/27. I know there were rumors of that yesterday, but I don't think that is reflected in my sports reservation. The cost difference shows it's applied for my whole stay 11/24-12/1. Anyone else experience this yet?!

SO... I've had almost no sleep chasing free dining for two nights now. I can't tell if I got free dining or not, and will have to call Disney and be on hold until the cows come home to straighten this out. DD thinks maybe we should pay OOP for food and go with our TA offer at AKL. AND the cat just puked again. Not exactly the "MAGICAL" morning I'd hoped for...

Woo hoo!! It worked!! But OMG was that stressfull!

Keep refreshing if it tells you “sorry not available” in orange text. I kept getting that over and over again. What worked was I searched for all resorts, and then when the list of resorts came up I right clicked on the one I wanted (Pop) and opened it in a new window, that way I could close it out if it said not available and go open it up again. Took a few tries but the deal finally showed up!

Will be there 12/8-12/13!!

So glad this is done!! But now I’m wide awake!! Lol
Same here I was like no why are you working but in the end got me and Sister in laws fam all booked !!! Woo hoo Glad you got yours all figured out and yes I can’t sleep either lol

I used the Visa link and was only able to get AKL; which is fine; but for last 15 mins I have kept getting completing request which isn't going through. I decided to try and rebook in a new window and now the link is saying the offer is no longer available :(

So I keep trying to look at the special offers page and I keep Goofy telling me that special offers are not available... I really wish Disney would get it together with their website, I mean its been messed up for almost 2 months and today of all days the biggest booking day of the year?? Come on Disney...

I usually wake up at 4:45 to go to work so I got up at 4:00 to see if it came out. Of course it came out while I was in the shower, but it worked out. I was able to book while taking the train in to the city. I got two rooms at PoP but I could not get the preferred. My only choice was standard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter