2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I can't tell if I got FD or not. It took about 6 tries, including trying to book a whole new reservation, and I kept getting the "we can't complete this reservation, please call" message. (Darn, didn't think about refreshing during any of the tries.) ANYHOW... I think I got it. When I go into MDE and click on "My reservations and tickets" it LISTS that I still have the Summer Room MYW package offer with dining, but it lists the balance still due as what would be due if I'd scored free dining. When I click the "change reservation" button, it brings up that I have the FD package, but with the full balance due (not minus the $200 I've already paid). I haven't received any kind of email from Disney about this. SO... I think I got it, but have taken screen shots of everything and will call back later today to confirm, when it might not be so difficult to get through.
Sounds like you got free dining sometimes it takes a while before it updates on the website.

Good morning. Is the minimum 4 night 5 day or 5 night?

I've seen people post five days, but I was able to book four night/five days with no problem. I did get five day park hoppers, I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Terri

For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?

That’s what I’m wondering. It says 5 nights but it allowed me to do 4.
If it let you book it you're ok. It always says 5 night even when it was a 3 night minimum last year.

I went to check this morning to see if it was worth it to extend our trip and it let me price out Pop for 4 nights and 4 day ph...still not worth it for us since we are only going for a short time and it doubles the cost.

I've been trying to modify my existing reservation for 2 hours now. No luck. Can't get the phone line (tried since 6:55), the website is down too.
Now I've made a new reservation but there was a glitch at checkout. I didnt get the confirmation e-mail yet. BUT, i see it with a confirmation number in "My reservation and tickets"... So weird. I just hope I can modify my reservation and not pay the damn parking fees...

The crazy thing to me is that we were able to book FD at CSR for 12.21-12.29, water view (don't care, just what they had) and upgrade to DxDDP for $4931.79. But the existing reservation we had for our preferred dates of 11.16-11.24, CSR standard with DxDDP is $5002.31. I know that Christmas is more expensive but wow, you'd think for the same number of nights and the same days of the week, Friday thru Saturday, there'd be more of a difference than that for free dining. I know there's a small upcharge for the water view but still. Oh well, have both, now we just decide which ultimately works better for us.

Bummed the rumor was correct and Contemporary was not included. We were already pretty set on staying there, so no FD for us. The convenience of walking to MK with almost-2yo twins is worth the price of dining..... I guess.
I got a better deal with RO on the Contemporary.

I tried to modify my current room-only reservation, but it doesn't give me Free Dining as an option (even though I can easily find it for my dates if I do a search not attached to my current reservation). I'm guessing it's because I don't have tickets attached to my current reservation. Oh well. I don't know that we'll even be able to go, but was hoping for a quick trip with my youngest since the older kids have had trips with just them.

Unfortunately, you can't modify a room only reservation to a package. You will need to cancel the room and rebook to get the free dining. Good Luck!

I had a package in my cart and it was gone by the time I tried to checkout, and now nothing will load for me ☹️

Everyone that is having issues booking needs to make sure they have the correct number of days on their tickets and resort stay and have park hopper added to get dining for free... Also if your staying at a value resort and have clicked on regular dining plan you will see a charge for dining bc you only get quick service dining free so youll pay the difference between quick and regular dining, which is still a good deal and saving you money.
Also check to make sure your resort and room category is part of the discount

Were there any other dates for Disney Visa holders or just the August dates

Last edited:
Unfortunately, you can't modify a room only reservation to a package. You will need to cancel the room and rebook to get the free dining. Good Luck!

I would go ahead book your new package with free dining and then turn around and cancel the room only

2 hours?! I’d start over.

Now the website isn't even letting me get to the special offers page on either my phone or my laptop so I know it is not my internet connection. Im going to be really bummed if I cant get this because I've been up trying for so long and I have to leave in 30 minutes.

Now the website isn't even letting me get to the special offers page on either my phone or my laptop so I know it is not my internet connection. Im going to be really bummed if I cant get this because I've been up trying for so long and I have to leave in 30 minutes.
I keep getting Stitch ate the page as well. just keep trying.. It will be like this today as half the world is trying to book this discount..

While I got FD I now want to see if the ROOM only plus adding the tix and dining would save me more..

OMG!! I’ve been awake since last night and finally sealed the early date deal for Visa card holders. I was passing out waiting on hold until an angel posted the link and now I’m so excited I can’t sleep!!!!
What was the Visa deal? The emails go to my husband’s email and of course he’s not responding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter