2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Must have missed free dining? As I don't see it online any longer. I mainly just wanted to see what the offer would look like online, as I think my RO discount will still be more cost effective for me.

*I see it when I try to book a new reservation. Just not modifying my existing one.
Try refreshing the page several times. I had to refresh a couple of times earlier today.

Will let me select the free dining on my reservation, but doesn't change the price. Guess I have to call.
Have you tried booking a new reservation? You could do that and then cancel the other if you’re not worried about losing parking that you didn’t have to pay for before.

WooHoo! So excited! I got FD at our 1st choice resort-AKL 12/14-12/20! Been up since 3am and saw it right after it dropped. Website acted weird and kept timing out each time, so after the 3rd try, I switched browsers and then went through no problem about 5:30.
Now, onto coffee and work! Hope everyone is able to get what they want.

Meh... we got a really good deal (12/24-1/1). Our TA emailed me. Adding another day just to get free dining would add almost $1k. Not worth It.

Wanted Pop 11/24-12/05 but no availability. I've been refreshing since 5 LOL!

Anyone know if/when they release more rooms?

Just keep checking every day multiple times a day. In 2015, i was able to snag FD for our reservation at POR but friends that were going with us (also staying at POR) decided to sleep in on release day and didn't get it. I kept stalking the Disney site and was finally able to get FD for her and her fam. I want to say it was like 2 or 3 weeks after it was released.

Last edited:
Just FYI but you might want to try out all the offers - even the older ones - before deciding if Free Dining or the other new offers are "best" for you. ALL of this morning's offers are MORE money than the offer I had already booked previously (Kids Eat Free offer).

I can't tell if I got FD or not. It took about 6 tries, including trying to book a whole new reservation, and I kept getting the "we can't complete this reservation, please call" message. (Darn, didn't think about refreshing during any of the tries.) ANYHOW... I think I got it. When I go into MDE and click on "My reservations and tickets" it LISTS that I still have the Summer Room MYW package offer with dining, but it lists the balance still due as what would be due if I'd scored free dining. When I click the "change reservation" button, it brings up that I have the FD package, but with the full balance due (not minus the $200 I've already paid). I haven't received any kind of email from Disney about this. SO... I think I got it, but have taken screen shots of everything and will call back later today to confirm, when it might not be so difficult to get through.

Im about to start panicking because I've been waiting for my reservation to submit for 2 hours now. I'm not sure if I should refresh my page or not, but others seem to have booked it without waiting at all. If I open a new incognito tab it says my dates and everything are available. Any advice on what I should do??
I would refresh, check reservations in MDE seee if its there if not try again. I wouldn't wait any longer

Bummed the rumor was correct and Contemporary was not included. We were already pretty set on staying there, so no FD for us. The convenience of walking to MK with almost-2yo twins is worth the price of dining..... I guess.

I saw the FD drop about 4:15am CST (5:15AM est) but it was glitchy for a bit. By 4:35 I had my 2 rooms booked at POP with FD!!!

2 standard rooms at POP with FD!!! 2 Rooms + 7 Disney adults + FD = Total savings of $1837.29!!! WOO HOO!!!
Taking my sweet mama back to Disney World for her 85th Birthday & celebrating my beautiful granddaughters graduation! PRICELESS!

Thank you all for a great thread! It has been wonderful getting to know a little about each of you! I hope you all have AMAZING Disney trips and make millions of magical memories!

Im about to start panicking because I've been waiting for my reservation to submit for 2 hours now. I'm not sure if I should refresh my page or not, but others seem to have booked it without waiting at all. If I open a new incognito tab it says my dates and everything are available. Any advice on what I should do??
2 hours?! I’d start over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter