2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Wow!! That was a super glitchy process! It took so many refreshes and new windows but I was finally able to modify my reservation! Yay!!

I was shocked by the five night requirement, though... :eek:

Edit to add that the requirement is actually four nights. They just "suggest" a five night stay. :teacher:

Last edited:

Got mine too! I had to switch from ASMO (as it wasn't offered) to POP, no problem at all. And I saved $300 from my original booking! Pop Sept 24-28th!
Thanks everyone for staying up with me! Between the coffee and the adrenaline rush, I probably won't be able to sleep now!

Got what we wanted! Modify reservation would not work so I had to rebook the exact same vacation. It was super wonky throughout the entire process. Would not let me check out with memory maker so it auto removed it and then wouldn't let me check out after that. Had to go back and redo everything, but thankfully lucked out and got it to go through. And now I'm supposed to go back to sleep! lol

Talk about luck! I didn't plan to stay awake all night but instead set my alarm for 3:30 and then 5:00. Woke up at 3:30, checked the special offers and nothing. Then woke up at 4:59 (right before my alarm), refreshed twice and there it was!!! (It showed up as a delicious free dining offer for those not aware.)
I quickly scrolled through the resorts to check (mods are still QSDP and neither Port Orleans resorts are included in the offer.)
I had some glitches but eventually was able to book a room at Pop with DDP for 9/13-9/17. For those who are having issues...keep trying! It took me three times before it accepted the standard room as part of the offer and it let me check out.
Good luck everyone!

Well….WE MADE IT!!!! I do hope others got what they wanted or something close to it. I have been up since 2:45 CST (had to be at work by 4:30). The promo dropped at 4am CST BUT the link was not active, me and my mom kept trying we would “check availability” for the FD promo it would then show us the hotel packages with the price for FD. Once we clicked on what we wanted we would get the “sorry this resort is not available for this promotion”. We kept trying and refreshed until we were finally able to make progress and book our vacation at 4:09. All room categories were available at POP for Sept1-10. There were all sorts of room availability across the board at drop this morning. I was actually surprised by the standard room availabilities at all resorts!

Got it! Exactly what we wanted. I’m really excited bc this is only my second trip ever to WDW (first was earlier this year). Everyone here has been really helpful, I would have never known about this deal other wise. I saved nearly $400 from my original booking.

I already have a room at POR, I'm just trying to modify my existing resv to get Enchanted Escape discount applied but it's telling me only room type available is Royal room, which is the most expensive.

Got it! Our kids first trip! POP preferred pool view 8/25-9/5 with upgraded dining plan! Glad I waited up with you all! Who will be there with us?
We'll be overlapping--arrive 8/28, leave 9/3.

Woke up at 3, couldn't sleep. Noodled around online until about 4, nothing. Fell asleep until my alarm went off at 5:30 and then boom! Was able to modify my existing offer (pop, standard, with kids dine free) and saved $270 so I'm happy. Well worth the early wakeup.

The first time I clicked modify it just refreshed and I got worried, but the second time worked normally. Got all the way through and during final checkout got an error message and told to call. But it took me back to the same page, and when I hit checkout the second time everything went through just fine. So glad it worked.

I happened to roll over at 5:02am. Checked my phone & free dining was live! I jumped on my PC. My husband jumped on his laptop. We snagged 2 standard rooms at All Star Sports (1 for us, 1 for my parents) checking in 11/24. Both rooms confirmed by 5:17am. Tried to go back to sleep but we’re too excited!

Didn't end up modifying my reservation, and sticking with my original. We originally had the promo for the one quick dining meal that we upgraded to the standard QSDP, with a checkin date of 8/18. Doing the math, a split stay of 8/18-8/20 room only plus adding the FD from 8/20-8/24 would only save us about $115. Add in having to buy food those first two days and the savings would have been close to a wash, and we don't have plans to use the park hopper.

I got 2! Woohoo! 1 for DH and I and 1 for our friends that are going with us. Pop here we come! Oh wait, it’s not December yet. Hehe :yay: Some things are worth getting up at 4:30 AM for.

Woohoo I got to work jumped on the computer and was able to do all the changes and get FD!
Im relieved I was able to keep my son and his family and my daughter over at AOA, my sons one request was for him and his GF to have their own room as this will be a very special trip for them.

So does anyone know does that mean they will have to pay for parking since I had to change the reservation? The reservation number didn't change...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter