2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Really hoping we get more solid news today. Otherwise it's going to be a long week for some of us.

I'm actually sitting here thinking, "which would be best, a nap this afternoon and stay up all night, or skip my cherished Sunday nap, go to bed super early, and get up in the wee hours?"

Sleep strategy is hard. :ssst:

Need a bit of advice. We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside December 18-26. I have read that the Port Orleans resorts are typically excluded from the free dining offer. If free dining drops, would you move to a deluxe resort in order to receive the offer? Price wise, am I saving any money by paying more to upgrade? Would the price be the same if I simply added the dining plan to my current reservation? Thanks for your help.

Each family scenario is different and depends on a few factors. For example, we are also booked at Port Orleans Riverside. I booked a BB last fall and received a RO discount for a four night stay in December for four adults. I would love free dining, but to modify my reservation would mean that I would also lose the RO discount I already have. I look at the bottom line.

Just say POR is included in the free dining deal ... I know I'm dreaming, but hope is there ... I would have to pay rack rate, pay the higher ticket prices, pay for resort parking, add PHoppers (I don't have them now) and I would upgrade the QSDP to DDP. The bottom line cost of this reservation is roughly the same as if I were just to add the DDP to my existing reservation.

However, if I could get Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard (again, dreaming), then the bottom line is only $100 more for the total reservation. That is a plus for staying at a Deluxe and one that I would seriously consider ... for like a nano-second ... and rebook the reservation.

So, someone on ******* said that TA’s or CM’s we’re talking about special training Monday morning. Could mean a Tuesday morning drop.

I am not sure if that info really helps if you are looking at the travel agent training/webinar aspect of it. The travel agency site was changed significantly a few weeks ago and quite a few agents were having issues navigating the new site. I think that the email that we travel agents got about the training/webinar was in response to many questions submitted to them.

Need a bit of advice. We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside December 18-26. I have read that the Port Orleans resorts are typically excluded from the free dining offer. If free dining drops, would you move to a deluxe resort in order to receive the offer? Price wise, am I saving any money by paying more to upgrade? Would the price be the same if I simply added the dining plan to my current reservation? Thanks for your help.

I would only move to a deluxe if I could get a standard room in a cheaper deluxe. Otherwise, I'd switch to another moderate offering FD (possibly CSR) but more than likely I'd pick Pop.

I am not sure if that info really helps if you are looking at the travel agent training/webinar aspect of it. The travel agency site was changed significantly a few weeks ago and quite a few agents were having issues navigating the new site. I think that the email that we travel agents got about the training/webinar was in response to many questions submitted to them.

good to Know, Thank you

I will be up early every day until it comes out. no sleeping here.

No sleeping here, either; tough Maine women, hanging together! :surfweb:

I get up before 5:30 every morning anyhow, so a few hours earlier won't make a huge difference. I'll just go to bed a little earlier, or take a nap after work. It's not like it's forever. Heck, I used to work out in Bar Harbor and had to be out of the house by 5:20 every morning; now THAT absolutely stunk, and I was just getting up early for work. This is getting up early to SAVE MONEY for DISNEY. I can do that!! ::yes::

No sleeping here, either; tough Maine women, hanging together! :surfweb:

I get up before 5:30 every morning anyhow, so a few hours earlier won't make a huge difference. I'll just go to bed a little earlier, or take a nap after work. It's not like it's forever. Heck, I used to work out in Bar Harbor and had to be out of the house by 5:20 every morning; now THAT absolutely stunk, and I was just getting up early for work. This is getting up early to SAVE MONEY for DISNEY. I can do that!! ::yes::

I am up at five every morning too so setting the clock for an hour for two early isn’t that big of a deal. And knowing that I may be saving a lots of money for myself and others is well worth it.

I haven't been able to follow this thread much.

Have we been given a solid release date? I know in the past it was right around this coming week...

Question about the expected free dining offer-
I’m confused to why people are getting up SO early? I spoke w a cast member the other day and they said IF a deal was going to hit, they don’t take calls til 7 am anyways?
I’m fine w getting up early to do it but just wondering peoples thoughts....

Can people modify an existing reservation online and the phone? Or is one way better than the other?
Also, do you delete your current reservation in the event that you’re modifying and then add another? Or just add the “free dining”? I would rather do it on the phone so I can have someone walk me thru it lol

I’m confused to why people are getting up SO early? I spoke w a cast member the other day and they said IF a deal was going to hit, they don’t take calls til 7 am anyways?

Can people modify an existing reservation online and the phone? Or is one way better than the other?
Also, do you delete your current reservation in the event that you’re modifying and then add another? Or just add the “free dining”? I would rather do it on the phone so I can have someone walk me thru it lol

Yes, as soon as it drops, you can either modify your existing reservation or create a new one. That's why people are getting up early. Whether which one is better than the other is to be determined by how well the website is handling the load of people accessing it and booking FD.

Phones open at 7am. They get jammed instantly. Even if you get through, you might wait on hold for hours. You can usually book it online hours before that. It just takes a few minutes to do so.

Good morning folks! You ready for an earlier wake up tomorrow? :) With UK release I am going with tomorrow based on 2017 releases. If not released, could be a lot of earlier mornings for a week. Glad I get up early anyway and am CST. Here's to all of you getting what you want!

Ty for clarifying! So my other 2 questions:
The “incredible summer offer package” that is booked will obviously not be offered when I modify, right? I’m guessimg you can’t get the 2 deals?

And, what time is a good time to login and go to the Disney website? Are we looking for the deal for free dining in the usual “offers” spot? Are people planning to get on and refresh until they see the deal?

checked on a few numbers for you. POR 8 nights, 8 day park tickets, paying for regular dining plan which will be around $2400. Will be around $6500 with no discount, you may save a couple hundred dollars with a room discount. Animal Kingdom lodge 8 nights with free dining, 8 day park tickets with hopper $6500. If it was me I would go to a deluxe resort.
Thank you so much for your help! I think that is what I will do then!!

Each family scenario is different and depends on a few factors. For example, we are also booked at Port Orleans Riverside. I booked a BB last fall and received a RO discount for a four night stay in December for four adults. I would love free dining, but to modify my reservation would mean that I would also lose the RO discount I already have. I look at the bottom line.

Just say POR is included in the free dining deal ... I know I'm dreaming, but hope is there ... I would have to pay rack rate, pay the higher ticket prices, pay for resort parking, add PHoppers (I don't have them now) and I would upgrade the QSDP to DDP. The bottom line cost of this reservation is roughly the same as if I were just to add the DDP to my existing reservation.

However, if I could get Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard (again, dreaming), then the bottom line is only $100 more for the total reservation. That is a plus for staying at a Deluxe and one that I would seriously consider ... for like a nano-second ... and rebook the reservation.
Thank you for your advice! It was really helpful! I would really love to be at the Wilderness Lodge for Christmas. It is rumored that is excluded as well from FD.

Is anybody else having issues checking your reservations. When I go to modify the Dining Plan to see the other dining plan options it doesn't load and takes me back to the package and reservation page.

I keep getting someone ate the page when I check on my reservations.
I hope it means there is some behind the scenes updating going on. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter