2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Me, I'm hoping for early Dec, 06-15 for instance. I'm a Disney Visa user so maybe the available days will be a bit more for me. Guess we'll see soon.

So I’ve been watching faithfully but now I’m uncertain as to what I should do. I was not able to get a bounceback where i wanted last August. I booked a package with park hopper but i didnt add dining. I plan to uograde to DDP when it drops. Do i have to add a dining plan now or do i wait and just change everything at once?

Question..we already have our trip planned for Sept 4-11. Should I add the dining on now and then it's free if I get it? Or will it be added when I click change reservation when deal drops?
Thanks

No, do not add dining now, it will not convert to free dining just bc you have it as a part of your package. If you have a package booked already, you will have to go in and modify your reservation to include FD. You just have to be sure that your trip meets the requirements to get FD, whatever they may be, Park Hoppers, minimum number of days, certain resorts/type of room, etc.

So I’ve been watching faithfully but now I’m uncertain as to what I should do. I was not able to get a bounceback where i wanted last August. I booked a package with park hopper but i didnt add dining. I plan to uograde to DDP when it drops. Do i have to add a dining plan now or do i wait and just change everything at once?

No, you don't add dining now, it will not convert to free dining just bc you have it as a part of your package. If you have a package booked already, you will have to go in and modify your reservation to include FD when the offer goes live. You just have to be sure that your trip meets the requirements to get FD, whatever they may be, Park Hoppers, minimum number of days, certain resorts/type of room, etc.

According to a Twitter post on a South American site, Free dining will drop Tuesday, April 24. Dates included 8/2 - 9/29; 11/24 - 11/27; 12/7 - 12/23. 4 day ticket w/park hopper or park hopper plus. Value Resorts All Star Sports, Music and Movies, and Pop Century. Moderates CBR and CSR. Value and Moderate receive QS. Deluxe AK Lodge, Beach and Yacht Club, Boardwalk, GF, AK Villas, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Old Key West, Poly Villas and B Saratoga Sp receiving DDP

Would love to hear everyone's plan for Monday. I can't possibly stay up all night because I teach high school. Generally I'm up at 5 am CST. I don't know yet what time I will be up. :surfweb:

In 2016 I stayed up refreshing until the deal dropped THEN when to bed. This year I'm thinking I'll set my alarm for 3:00am. I really hope it drops Monday morning - I really don't want to do it 2 nights in a row!

According to a Twitter post on a South American site, Free dining will drop Tuesday, April 24. Dates included 8/2 - 9/29; 11/24 - 11/27; 12/7 - 12/23. 4 day ticket w/park hopper or park hopper plus. Value Resorts All Star Sports, Music and Movies, and Pop Century. Moderates CBR and CSR. Value and Moderate receive QS. Deluxe AK Lodge, Beach and Yacht Club, Boardwalk, GF, AK Villas, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Old Key West, Poly Villas and B Saratoga Sp receiving DDP

Thx, that's what all the current Disney blogs are saying too, really hoping the south americans are reporting the wrong dates and more are added!!

In 2016 I stayed up refreshing until the deal dropped THEN when to bed. This year I'm thinking I'll set my alarm for 3:00am. I really hope it drops Monday morning - I really don't want to do it 2 nights in a row!
I am up most days at 4:45am so it's not that horrible (although I don't love it) getting up a little earlier. I have a three pronged attack, (so sad really SMH :rolleyes2), I will stay up late Sunday to see if it's live at midnight, if not I will get up around 4 on Monday and see what's there and if nothing, go back to bed till 5:45am......and then same plan of attack and see if it's live by midnight, if not, try an early wake up around 4am on Tuesday and pray for the best. I feel like for me it will be nothing since my dates aren't rumored to be a part of the FD deal. Hoping there will be a room discount I can snag and we have a good deal on some discounted tix throught tix@work so that will be our best bet for some savings. My DH said I'm a dork for losing sleep over this.....I can't help it. :-)

I still find the Tuesday drop date to be odd. I know Disney is under no obligation to release an offer on a particular date, and this could well be true. But, still, I would have bet money it would drop on the 23rd, as it is a Monday.

Does anyone know how close the rumors were to the actual offer last year? What were the differences, if any?

I am up most days at 4:45am so it's not that horrible (although I don't love it) getting up a little earlier. I have a three pronged attack, (so sad really SMH :rolleyes2), I will stay up late Sunday to see if it's live at midnight, if not I will get up around 4 on Monday and see what's there and if nothing, go back to bed till 5:45am......and then same plan of attack and see if it's live by midnight, if not, try an early wake up around 4am on Tuesday and pray for the best. I feel like for me it will be nothing since my dates aren't rumored to be a part of the FD deal. Hoping there will be a room discount I can snag and we have a good deal on some discounted tix throught tix@work so that will be our best bet for some savings. My DH said I'm a dork for losing sleep over this.....I can't help it. :-)

That's a good plan! My dates are included and I'm hoping to snag a POP standard room. Soo.... I'm going to need to be up and constantly refreshing!

I have been following along. Seems like many of you "in the know" were smart and were planning non summer vacations this year. Do you think the dates will include august 2018? I do have a Disney visa. It's getting harder and harder to swing august vacations as DD 21 is in college and DS16 is in HS. Our HS starts 8/24 for the fall.

No, do not add dining now, it will not convert to free dining just bc you have it as a part of your package. If you have a package booked already, you will have to go in and modify your reservation to include FD. You just have to be sure that your trip meets the requirements to get FD, whatever they may be, Park Hoppers, minimum number of days, certain resorts/type of room, etc.
Is this 100% right. I also have the qsdp added and need to k ow if I should remove it before the free dining offer drops

Well I’m in Australia- how do I work out what time it will be for me lol!
It’s about
Well I’m in Australia- how do I work out what time it will be for me lol!
5.30 am EDT is 7.30pm in Australia according to the clock. I did this a few years ago and it was definitely in the evening it may have dropped around 4.30am that year so around 6.30pm.

Is this 100% right. I also have the qsdp added and need to k ow if I should remove it before the free dining offer drops
If you don't have it already there is no sense to add it since you will have to modify your reservation anyway. If you already have the DP on your reservation you don't have to remove it, but you will still have to modify it, and depending on your package and restrictions, you may even have to book an entirely new package and go back and cancel your old one. It really just depends on how the system works at that time and what you have already reserved

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter