2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Shame it's such a crapshoot as to what time it will drop, I was up all night last night too lol.

My trip is booked from 9-4 to 9-11 in a Pop Standard room with the hopper and QS DP. Seeing that I'm already booked, does that make it anymore likely that I'll definitely get it?

Has anyone who has met the availability of FD ever been denied due to them only offering so many of a certain room at a resort?
Ive had to switch resorts to get free dining but I've always got it.

Can't seem to figure out how to load my Disney Visa in MDE without making a payment. Is there a way to do this or do I have to make a $20 payment?
I was thinking you could go to “My Profile” then go down the drop down menu to something like “Store a credit card or PIN.” This may not be the case anymore but maybe try that & see?

When it opens, I should just be able to use the "Change reservation" link and the offer should show up, right?

Shame it's such a crapshoot as to what time it will drop, I was up all night last night too lol.

My trip is booked from 9-4 to 9-11 in a Pop Standard room with the hopper and QS DP. Seeing that I'm already booked, does that make it anymore likely that I'll definitely get it?

Has anyone who has met the availability of FD ever been denied due to them only offering so many of a certain room at a resort?
Just because you have a current reservation doesn't mean you can get it at the resort you're booked at currently. They have what they have in the inventory for the promotion and when that's gone, it's gone. Pop is really popular, so they may have less inventory there to start with -- remember, it's about filling rooms for them. I've had to switch resorts to get it in the past because the resort I was at had no availability.

It has nothing to do with being already booked. It has to do with which room categories they have available for which dates under the promotion. Many people may need to change dates, resorts, room categories, etc.... to get free dining. It really doesn't matter what you have now. Booking early tomorrow and being flexible helps.

They won’t just let you cancel days anymore. Say you book September 1-14 with FD. But then you decide you only need the 2nd-12th. If there’s not availability for those dates, you will lose the FD. If you’re open to switching resorts, you may have more options. How soon till you’d find out the exact dates you could get off? The longer you wait, the less chance you have of getting what you want.
I won’t know for another week. Should I wait to see which dates are offer earlier for Disney visa then change the dates right before I try the FD?

Has anyone stayed at AKL? Is it rumored to be included in the FD promotion?

Yes, we have stayed there and it is awesome! We would stay there everytime if money were no object. Beautiful lodge, great restaurants(including QS), tons of unique activities if you have kids, and if course the animal viewing! It has been included in the past, and I would expect it to be, but obviously you never know for sure.

What's the best guess for drop time on this?

Anytime between midnight and 7:00 a.m.

A lot of people last year and the year before. The number of rooms allocated gets fewer and fewer every year. That's why people are staying up all night to have the chance to be some of the first in line to book it. Waiting in line at Disney starts LONG before you get on property.

We will be going 8/11-8/16. Unfortunately not during the rumored FD dates. I have a Disney Visa, so if our dates are valid for a Disney Visa offer of free dining, can I book online tomorrow morning, or do I have to call?
yes you can!

so my initial reservations (I have 2, 1 in my name and the other is in my daughters name but both are linked in my disney experience-i pay for them both) now i went in to the my disney experience and it shows a "blue" colored "change reservation" - will i be able to change and add the free dining by clicking that? would i be able to change both? hate to click and mess it up if/when free dining is released, but would love to not deal with the phone lines but am ready to if need be. two rooms at POP and will likely upgrade to ddp on 1 room if not both.

did you call or do it online?
I've had to do it both ways. Ive been seven times with free dining. Sometimes online works. sometimes it doesnt. Sometime its done in minutes online and sometimes its several hours on hold on the phone. But always got it.

Go to online check in and it will give you an option to show details click on that and it should give you a spot to edit charges you can put it in there and I believe you can go to your MDE profile and link it that way to!
I went to online check in but had no luck. It's not a big deal. I seem to have tried everything. I may just make the minimum $20 payment to store the card.

Does anyone know why my account is defaulting to Canada? I booked the summer offer awhile back and I called to make a small change to people in the room when the cast member informed me I booked under a Canadian offer and almost seemed to “tsk” at me or this as if I was trying to be shady. It was a completely honest mistake because I did see something about Canada come out once or twice (and I couldn’t figure out why but now I see that little Canada thing up top) and I backed all the way out of it but I didn’t know what to do. Finally, it let me go through without asking for a Canadian address so I thought the problem was solved. Now I’m logging in all the time and notice that it keeps thinking I am in Canada. My profile clearly states the United States so what is going on? I just don’t want to do that by accident because the cast member gave me all sorts of dire warnings about the consequences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter