2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Question-so I’ve got booked Aug 13-21 and I’m a Disney Visa card holder. So from what I’m seeing Visa card offers are usually posted later after phone lines open. I had planned on staying up tonight to snag FD but it won’t be in my dates. Should I go ahead and snag one for the dates open, as I’m flexible in my dates if needed, and then try and snag one for Visa Card holders? Just worried if I wait then what if I can’t get one I want for Visa card holders

Question, my father is undecided if he will be able to join us at this time. I'm booking as soon as I see free dining. Can you add a person on after making the reservation or can I go ahead and reserve with him included and then drop him if needed? Or, is neither an option?

TIA

I have a question about park hoppers.. I was told by a CM that once added they could not be removed and also that they must be added to the entire length of stay. Is that right? I was going to add just 4 days and then remove them if we didnt end up qualifying for FD, but now I'll have to try to add park hoppers and also FD at once hoping the availability/system lasts. Am I way off?

Thoughts on room type availability at Pop? I have preferred pool view room booked, do you think this room type will create challenges to obtain FD?

3 questions: Anyone know when the construction at CBR is supposed to end?

I've been following the CBR thread and they are saying construction will not finish until sometime in December. Which is the reason I canceled. Riviera and the Skyliner there won't be done until 2019.

Question, my father is undecided if he will be able to join us at this time. I'm booking as soon as I see free dining. Can you add a person on after making the reservation or can I go ahead and reserve with him included and then drop him if needed? Or, is neither an option?

TIA
You can do both. Add or remove

TIA

From what I have read from several people across the boards here, go ahead and add him and then drop him if, he can't come. I have heard it is easier to drop a person than it is to add a person.

I wasn't even aware about the FD promo when I booked. A friend told me about it later. That's the only reason we are booked and will have to modify the reservation.

Haven't had a chance to read any new info posted today (other than it's not offered yet lol) but are we still assuming it's a 4 day min. stay?

Seems like most people on here have already made their reservations and are just planning on modifying in the morning? I’ve been trying to hold off booking to not contribute to the appearance of rooms being filled ahead of the promotion but now I’m questioning this and thinking I should just go ahead and book now so that all I have to do in the morning is add the promotion?

I'm waiting. It is almost as easy to book from scratch than to modify/change an existing reservation.
Booking in advance doesn't give you any advantage especially if your modify/change button disappears.
Last year, my friend had the modify/change button until the morning it dropped and then it disappeared. She had to book a new reservation all together. Her original reservation was for a room for 5 at CBR and all that she could get was a suite at ASMu. She was freaking out since they were on a super tight budget but she booked anyway until she talked to her hubby, thank goodness a standard room for 5 opened up a couple of days later. It all worked out but she was freaking out that morning!

No reason to do it now. When you go in to change your reservation and click on the FD promo, it will change it for you. If, for some reason, you can't get FD, you're good to go with what you have and won't have to change anything back.
Sharonabe,

We are using a Disney vacation planner (I work with her, so thought it would be easier). She said that the reservation cannot be modified online to include free dining that she actually had to call. Is that right? Since she is doing it, I don't think I can modify the reservation to include it myself.

We got one of these as well. However, they were not good on AKL CL rooms. :confused3

When I called (within 3 minutes of receiving the PIN email) the CM told me that in the 20 years she has been working at Disney, she has NEVER seen it NOT include CL rooms. :guilty: Great, the one year we get a decent PIN code, then we can't use it.

~D
Do you know if the code can be used for Standard rooms?

Sharonabe,

We are using a Disney vacation planner (I work with her, so thought it would be easier). She said that the reservation cannot be modified online to include free dining that she actually had to call. Is that right? Since she is doing it, I don't think I can modify the reservation to include it myself.
She is wrong. She can change it on the Disney Travel Agent page when she retrieves your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter