• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Parisian Breakfast worth it if I don't drink? Also, does anyone have any reviews (or suggestions for where to find reviews) for some of the culinary demonstrations/hands-on activities? I was eyeballing Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It.

I've only snacked at F&W food booths and would like to have a new experience that I can't get at any of the other festivals.

EDIT -- nevermind on the Parisian Breakfast. It sounds lovely but isn't offered when I'll be there.

I think I am the only one that did not like the Parisian breakfast. Way too crowded. Everything was huge so hard to just sample without wasting. All carbs & sugar. And when it is over nothing else around is open. I actually ended up feeling sick and spent the the rest of the day napping by my resorts pool. Would not go back.

So we're heading down for our first time in mid-October. SO excited, my wife and I are foodies and adventurous eaters, so we're really looking forward to it. Based on advice of others and the DIS, we booked our trip for a Sunday-Wednesday to avoid the crazy weekend crowds that everyone references. Went to book the Parisian breakfast, only to find out that like most of the "special" events, that one is only available on the weekend (Saturday). So, anyone have any advice or opinions on other events to try and book that aren't Thurs-Sat?

Thanks in advance!

So we're heading down for our first time in mid-October. SO excited, my wife and I are foodies and adventurous eaters, so we're really looking forward to it. Based on advice of others and the DIS, we booked our trip for a Sunday-Wednesday to avoid the crazy weekend crowds that everyone references. Went to book the Parisian breakfast, only to find out that like most of the "special" events, that one is only available on the weekend (Saturday). So, anyone have any advice or opinions on other events to try and book that aren't Thurs-Sat?

Thanks in advance!
French Family Meal Tradition is on Sunday at noon for 3.5 hours.

Thanks in advance!
I too am interested in this answer. We will be there on Tues-Friday. I am glad to skip the crowds, but wondering if there are any events during the week.

I'm not much of a fan of breakfast so I have never done Parisian breakfast. But if I did want to spend money on breakfast it would be my kind of thing since I don't eat eggs, so I'm pretty much limited to bread and meat from typical breakfast offerings.

This is the first year that I am not booking any events at all (not even PFTS and I've done that every year since 2001).

When are the food booth menus usually released?
Usually doesn’t seem to apply this year. In the past, there has been a media and Tables in Wonderland preview event in late July where menus and events have been revealed. The events have already been announced and there is no Tables in Wonderland event - not sure if/when there will be a media preview. So basically, who knows. They’ve been releasing new items slowly - think we know ~5 so far. I wouldn’t be shocked if they continued to trickle out slowly but I’m hoping for full release of menus... and soon!

When are the food booth menus usually released?
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure we only know once the booths are set up and the menus are posted outside- so either opening day of the festival, or maybe the day before.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure we only know once the booths are set up and the menus are posted outside- so either opening day of the festival, or maybe the day before.
The International Marketplace menus are usually available prior to the beginning of the festival. The menus were released on July 12th last year. We usually do not know the prices of the menu items until the preview day.
However, given the way information has been released for this year's festival, we may not have the details until opening day.

I personally think it would be a bit much. Part of the price that you are paying is to be able see the fireworks from California grill. However, since you are eating brunch the same day, you can already do that with your brunch receipt. I read the review referenced by the PP and it was more positive than the one that Josh @ easywdw wrote. He did not have very many good words for it, if I remember correctly. A hidden gem for us is the bar at The Wave, no reservation needed. You can get the full restaurant menu or they have a separate bar menu with lighter fare. Plus some of the most friendly bartenders on property. Then you can head upstairs and watch the fireworks.
I think you’re spot on that it’s too much in one day. I canceled Sip and Savor after reading the EasyWDW review. Then I read @jackskellingtonsgirl great review which was so much better than Josh’s. Would definitely like to do it another trip, but in the end, I think it’ll be too much with brunch and then back a couple days later for Highway.

We did just eat at California Grill a few weeks ago and it was great. It had been years since we’d been there and now I’m looking forward to brunch there even more. If we ever have a free evening in the MK area, I’d go back for the goat cheese ravioli alone. That was devine!

We did Savor, Sip & Sparkle last year. I did a guest review on All Ears - you may be able to search that site and find it. There was sushi, mini lobster rolls, flatbreads, I think chicken skewers. Desserts were mini tarts, cheeseecake, that sort of thing. And lots and LOTS of sparkling wine.
Thank you for tipping me off to your review. It looks like a fun evening. Cheers!

The International Marketplace menus are usually available prior to the beginning of the festival. The menus were released on July 12th last year. We usually do not know the prices of the menu items until the preview day.
However, given the way information has been released for this year's festival, we may not have the details until opening day.
I really hope it's before August 1st. That is my FP day and my friend and I will be going over a lot of plans. So it would be nice to also be able to plan our attack on the booths for our 2 Epcot days. Especially since we will be waiting a lot that afternoon to pick up badges and tickets for Gen Con which starts Aug 2.

Have any of you been able to book a last minute specialty event? im curious if there are any day of availabilities that we could possibly grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter