2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are special events like culinary demonstrations refundable if I book one now but change my mind?

Officially, all food and wine special events are nonrefundable. Which means you'd have to call and ask them, and they can say no.

there'll be lots of bloggers. :)

The big crowds are usually when the locals come. On a Thursday you'll get the locals who aren't working or took the day off work to go on Thursday because it's the first day. more of the locals might drop by in the evening after work too. Also might get more of the curious than the average Thursday. I'm guessing more crowded than a regular Thursday but not as bad as a Saturday.

there'll be lots of bloggers. :)

The big crowds are usually when the locals come. On a Thursday you'll get the locals who aren't working or took the day off work to go on Thursday because it's the first day. more of the locals might drop by in the evening after work too. Also might get more of the curious than the average Thursday. I'm guessing more crowded than a regular Thursday but not as bad as a Saturday.

We can deal with that :)

Where can I find the lunches on the WDW website? I'm missing them somehow.

I see the handy list on the first page of the thread. Not many are available during my dates, but do I need to call to reserve one if I decide to try it?

the pairing lunches are only bookable via phone. I'm pretty sure they are listed on page one of this thread. If not, go to the special events page on the WDW website and go to F&W and then scroll down you will find the phone number there.

Is anyone else not planning on actively avoiding the weekends?? We're there Thurs-Tues and plan on going to Epcot Thursday night (when we plan to do the bulk of our booth hopping), Saturday afternoon-night, possibly Sunday night and Monday night. I guess I feel prepared for crowds? And I like a lively atmosphere anyway!

We're semi-avoiding the weekend. We're visiting Epcot five times during F&W, one of those days being a Sunday. Not too worried about crowds. Lively atmosphere equals fun people-watching!:drinking1popcorn:::D

We're semi-avoiding the weekend. We're visiting Epcot five times during F&W, one of those days being a Sunday. Not too worried about crowds. Lively atmosphere equals fun people-watching!:drinking1popcorn:::D
We hung around Epcot last October after the Tequila lunch on a Friday. Very crowded but what a festive feel. We were in La cava with a very large group all wearing matching shirts. Pretty sure my husband and I were the only other people in the bar. A few people from the group apologized for taking up the place, offered to buy us drinks, and wanted to give us tee- shirts. What a great memory. We had a blast. We walked to the international gateway stopping often soaking up the atmosphere and people watching. Long lines but they moved fast and it was fun meeting people.

We're going to the Parisian Breakfast Saturday morning, planning on our 3 FP right after that and getting the heck out of dodge. The kids are just too little to fully appreciate the party atmosphere.

We hung around Epcot last October after the Tequila lunch on a Friday. Very crowded but what a festive feel. We were in La cava with a very large group all wearing matching shirts. Pretty sure my husband and I were the only other people in the bar. A few people from the group apologized for taking up the place, offered to buy us drinks, and wanted to give us tee- shirts. What a great memory. We had a blast. We walked to the international gateway stopping often soaking up the atmosphere and people watching. Long lines but they moved fast and it was fun meeting people.

I love this!!!

Waiting for the booth menus has been agonizing! I want to make an eating game plan! I'd be so disappointed if they totally changed it up from previous years and didn't release them in advance...

Right? last year they released them on July 12th....they've been releasing everything else earlier this year, why not booth menus? I'm just so excited!

Waiting for the booth menus has been agonizing! I want to make an eating game plan! I'd be so disappointed if they totally changed it up from previous years and didn't release them in advance...

giphy.gif

Not really.. I want the menus!!!!

Not only am I not avoiding them, I added an extra day onto my trip at the end to actually go on a Saturday. Normally, I leave to come home on Saturday morning but I wanted to go to a cheese seminar and one of the food and wine pairing seminars that happen on Saturday so I decided why not. Having said that, I'm not young any more so tend to head back to the resort most nights around 7 anyway so I might head back a tad earlier on Saturday but not too worried about it.

I didn't realize that I was going during the festival.

My Epcot Day is the last day of the festival. Does festival merchandise usually sell out? I'm hoping that I'll still be able to buy something.

I didn't realize that I was going during the festival.

My Epcot Day is the last day of the festival. Does festival merchandise usually sell out? I'm hoping that I'll still be able to buy something.
Yes but if you find something you like in the right size odds are you’ll get a discount!!

I'll be there over Labor Day Weekend. Will do 3-4 parks in 2 days LOL with F&W being one of the stops. This will be my second F&W. Last year it was so hot I feel like I didn't really enjoy it. I'm trying to go into it a little more open minded this year.

Where can I find the lunches on the WDW website? I'm missing them somehow.

I see the handy list on the first page of the thread. Not many are available during my dates, but do I need to call to reserve one if I decide to try it?
https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...erage-pairing/2018-Food-Beverage-Pairings.pdf

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-food-and-beverage-pairing/

Yes, you'll need to make a reservation if you want to attend one of the parings. Remember that F&W events require prepayment and are nonrefundable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter