2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you have to actually scan your band/card to get into Epcot. It’s not scanning for the magnet. They are handing out magnets at the festival center but they won’t give you a cutting board unless you actually visit Epcot on your 4th day. So we have to scan to get into the park.

And hopefully they will limit it to one cutting board per annual pass. It’s time to quit feeding the eBay sharks Disney

That makes sense. How else would you get it? They aren't going to meet you at the gate. LOL

Yes but you have to check into Epcot on 4 consecutive days! It’s probably temporary because of supply but I can’t get a cutting board until I come to Epcot on Sunday.

Yes but you have to check into Epcot on 4 consecutive days! It’s probably temporary because of supply but I can’t get a cutting board until I come to Epcot on Sunday.

Sorry I wasn’t clear in my previous post

I mean you have to actually scan your band/card to get into Epcot. It’s not scanning for the magnet. They are handing out magnets at the festival center but they won’t give you a cutting board unless you actually visit Epcot on your 4th day. So we have to scan to get into the park.

Yeah, that was how I understood it. You have to actually scan in (visit) Epcot on four separate calendar days, then on the fourth day you can go to the Festival Center to get your cutting board.

I’m assuming you could wait to get your magnet until that fourth visit, too, couldn’t you? If it works the same way as past magnets then that should work, right?

Yeah, that was how I understood it. You have to actually scan in (visit) Epcot on four separate calendar days, then on the fourth day you can go to the Festival Center to get your cutting board.

I’m assuming you could wait to get your magnet until that fourth visit, too, couldn’t you? If it works the same way as past magnets then that should work, right?

You could probably wait but we were already in line when they told us so I just wanted to get the magnet just in case god forbid it was gone too.

Oh. Well that sets my arrival plan day then. Originally I was going Sat, Sun, Mon and Wed and maybe Thurs. Now I will go Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Wed and maybe Thurs

It's my understanding that it is four days, but does not have to be consecutive. Most will probably end up being consecutive but it doesn't have to be. Now I just hope these are available when I come in October. And I hope the pitcher and glass set is as well.

It's my understanding that it is four days, but does not have to be consecutive. Most will probably end up being consecutive but it doesn't have to be. Now I just hope these are available when I come in October. And I hope the pitcher and glass set is as well.

Is the pitcher being released later or can you purchase it now?

Oh, one small thing, and not sure if this is how it was in past years or not, they are limiting alcoholic purchases at the booths to 2 per person - BUT a fligh counts as 1
Huh... seems weird. I’d rather have one person in line ordering drinks for 4 than 4 people filling up the line...

I don’t think it’s CONSECUTIVE. Wasn’t a couple of years ago when we got the glasses.

So, I was updating my spreadsheet with the 2018 prices and happy to see most items only increased .25 to .50 over last year. Notably however, based on the costs being reported by Disney Food Blog, a few items increased dramatically. Veuve Clicquot last year $13 and this year $21 (and no sampler!). Black pepper shrimp in China up $1.00 to $6.75. Florida orange Groves Pineapple wine in Hawaii last year $6.00 this year $10. But, frozen mojito down .50 and Kurt Russell Gogi Pinot Noir down $2.00. Also, beer flight costs have stayed the same despite the individual pours going up .25 to .50. I guess a flight is the way to go.

Yes, I am a bit too detailed oriented but I am on vacation so had some extra time and enjoyed seeing all the reports today!

So, I was updating my spreadsheet with the 2018 prices and happy to see most items only increased .25 to .50 over last year. Notably however, based on the costs being reported by Disney Food Blog, a few items increased dramatically. Veuve Clicquot last year $13 and this year $21 (and no sampler!). Black pepper shrimp in China up $1.00 to $6.75. Florida orange Groves Pineapple wine in Hawaii last year $6.00 this year $10. But, frozen mojito down .50 and Kurt Russell Gogi Pinot Noir down $2.00. Also, beer flight costs have stayed the same despite the individual pours going up .25 to .50. I guess a flight is the way to go.

Yes, I am a bit too detailed oriented but I am on vacation so had some extra time and enjoyed seeing all the reports today!
i'm glad to see how many other people make (obsessive) spreadsheets like me lol.
i noticed the same as i was updating today- pretty much 25 to 50 cent increases per item- but from what i saw of the lobster roll today, i'm hoping the portions weren't drastically reduced in order to keep price increases minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter