2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by disdad70, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

Ask, the server will be happy to guide you as to what is covered and what is not

2. Cramden

Cramden Mouseketeer

I'm also a bit confused about whether an Alcoholic Beverage is included with Buffets. I currently have booked Dinners at Tusker House and Hollywood and Vine. Will the DDP cover the cost of our first drink?

Much thanks!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

The few reports we had in Jan said, "yes," but we've just had a newer report that said Cali Grill would NOT let them have the bloody mary during brunch that the Jan crowd was allowed. Now, Cali Grill brunch is a bit different from Tusker and H&V, and so far, no one has come back to say they've stopped allowing them. Some of us were surprised they did allow them at the buffets at all since the DDP is just a way to pay for your meal and technically, an alcoholic drink is NOT included with the price of the meal. If this is a make or break for you using the DDP, then keep watching the "actual experiences" thread and see what shakes out.

Cramden likes this.
  5. Cramden

Cramden Mouseketeer

Appreciate the reply! No def not a make or break, it was actually a pleasant surprise when I read that people were being handed drink menus at Tusker and they were included with the DDP. From my interpretation of the plan I was assuming I'd be paying out of pocket for our drinks at the TH and H&V.

6. ChrisNY2

ChrisNY2 DIS Veteran

The complication at Cali Grill is that the brunch comes with alcohol already (mimosa). At least that's the explanation she gave for why I had to pay for my bloody mary. She was friendly though, and said she'd try it in the register to see if the dining plan covered it. I ended up paying for it.

vinotinto and sharonabe like this.
  7. MelissaL77

MelissaL77 Earning My Ears

I ate at Tusker House, Boma, and Ohana in February and without asking was told I got an alcoholic beverage if I was on the dining plan.

SueandPooh24, vinotinto and Cramden like this.
  8. Cramden

Cramden Mouseketeer

Awesome news! Like finding money in a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a while :-)

LovePug likes this.
  9. Lsdolphin

Lsdolphin DIS Veteran

Is it still possible to purchase a dining plan with a room only reservation if you have an AP? Asking because when I attempted to book online adding adining plan was not an option even after signing in as an AP holder.

10. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

AP doesn't matter in regards to the dining plan.

You can add it, but you have to call to do it. You cannot do it online. Package rules will apply.

11. nightwing12

nightwing12 Earning My Ears

If you are booking an AP rate however, it does let you add dining online and make it a ticketless package.

Turksmom and Lsdolphin like this.
  12. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Have you actually done this ONLINE?? I don't have an AP, but if you're just a regular guest wanting room and dining plan without tickets, you have to CALL to do it; it cannot be done online. Can AP holders somehow do it online?

13. wifeofjh

wifeofjh Earning My Ears

I have, about 2 weeks ago!

14. Disney & ME

Disney & ME Disney Veteran

I have an AP room only res. and tried to add the DDP online but couldn't. I called and got transferred around to 3 people. The CM was able to add the DDP but failed to tell me in advance that the full balance was now due a month before my check in rather than at check in. This is because they have to change to a package res. I told her to reverse it and if I book at least 30 days before arrival then my balance will be due at the time of booking. So I can wait until the day before if I want.

15. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

No, be careful there. The DDP makes st be added at least three days ahead of time. It’s two days for DVC, so AP might have a little flexibility, but not the day before.

16. Disney & ME

Disney & ME Disney Veteran

Thanks for the heads up!!!

17. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

@supersnoop Did you know AP holders could do this online? I don't remember that being possible in the past, but I sometimes gloss over AP talk since I don't ever plan to have one.

18. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Wasn't possible several years ago, but I haven't tried to add the dining plan in years, either.

sharonabe likes this.
  19. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

I suspect that is the difference, because I had a mimosa at Cape May and island sunset at Ohana without any problems. Cali Grill was the only place I was told no.

20. Turksmom

Turksmom Mouseketeer

AP can add dining online if the room is booked with the AP discount. If you use another discount or rack rate, you have to call. I just asked this recently because it was an option at checkout for part of my split stay, but not the others.

sharonabe and Lsdolphin like this.
  21. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Well, ya learn something new every day. Thanks for the clarification.