2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about splitting meals when on the deluxe dining plan.

I always see many varying answers when searching, and felt confident about sharing meals in order to maximize credits, but every time I search for information about this, I see answers on the Mom's Panel like this,
"While sharing meals isn't usually a problem at a Walt Disney World Resort quick service restaurant, if you plan to use your Disney Dining Plan entitlements to pay for your meal at a table service restaurant, you won’t be able to share your meal with another member of your party. They’ll either have to use their own table service entitlements or pay for their meal “out of pocket”.

IS THIS TRUE...as a party of 8, using the Deluxe Dining Plan, would we be able to use only 5 credits to all share 5 appetizers, entrees, and desserts?

I always see many varying answers when searching, and felt confident about sharing meals in order to maximize credits, but every time I search for information about this, I see answers on the Mom's Panel like this,
"While sharing meals isn't usually a problem at a Walt Disney World Resort quick service restaurant, if you plan to use your Disney Dining Plan entitlements to pay for your meal at a table service restaurant, you won’t be able to share your meal with another member of your party. They’ll either have to use their own table service entitlements or pay for their meal “out of pocket”.

IS THIS TRUE...as a party of 8, using the Deluxe Dining Plan, would we be able to use only 5 credits to all share 5 appetizers, entrees, and desserts?

It is NOT true. People share ALL the time. The only place where we know for sure you CANNOT share is Via Napoli. They will require everyone to order an entrée of some kind. Other than that, you should be fine using 5 credits to feed 8 of you.

However, you're going to have lots of credits left over. Are you sure the DxDDP is a good fit for you?

It is NOT true. People share ALL the time. The only place where we know for sure you CANNOT share is Via Napoli. They will require everyone to order an entrée of some kind. Other than that, you should be fine using 5 credits to feed 8 of you.

However, you're going to have lots of credits left over. Are you sure the DxDDP is a good fit for you?

Thank you for the reply! The hope would be to only purchase the plan for one room of 4, and share the credits between everyone throughout our stay. This is still a just a thought, as we continue to plan away.

This is such a lazy response from the Mom's Panel, although I'm not surprised by it. They should have explained that as long as it's not a fixed price meal, such as a buffet or character dining, you will likely be able to share meals. I think they don't want to give a blanket statement because of non-Disney owned restaurants like Via Napoli, but to give out completely wrong info is a little crazy!

This is such a lazy response from the Mom's Panel, although I'm not surprised by it. They should have explained that as long as it's not a fixed price meal, such as a buffet or character dining, you will likely be able to share meals. I think they don't want to give a blanket statement because of non-Disney owned restaurants like Via Napoli, but to give out completely wrong info is a little crazy!

I thought the same thing! I had done a ton of research and found the opposite to be true, but I was a little hesitant after I saw their answer. It makes sense though that they are probably referring to buffets, or family style meals here. Thank you!

The Mom's panel is going to say what will benefit Disney the most. Especially $$$ wise. They are very biased.

The Mom's panel is going to say what will benefit Disney the most. Especially $$$ wise. They are very biased.
That’s unfair. They’re simply untrained and relying on their own experience without access to accurate information.

I'm sorry if this has been asked. We are booked for lunch at be our guest. There is no alcohol or any speciality beverages listed online. Has anyone eaten there and been able to subsitute their drink for a snack? Same question also for Casey's corner.

I'm sorry if this has been asked. We are booked for lunch at be our guest. There is no alcohol or any speciality beverages listed online. Has anyone eaten there and been able to subsitute their drink for a snack? Same question also for Casey's corner.

No. BoG used to allow it, but it got abused with the self serve drinks, so they did away with swapping your drink entitlement for a snack.

Now, about the only place you can swap your drink entitlement for a snack is at the resorts...due to guests having their refillable mug.

No. BoG used to allow it, but it got abused with the self serve drinks, so they did away with swapping your drink entitlement for a snack.

Now, about the only place you can swap your drink entitlement for a snack is at the resorts...due to guests having their refillable mug.

I figured that would be the case. So basically you forfit the speciality drink/alcohol advantage on the dining plan at places that don't have them? That's a bummer. I really dont like soda and coffee at lunch in orlando seems unappealing. We will still probably go for the experience but it really looses a lot of the value to the 2018 dining plan.

I figured that would be the case. So basically you forfit the speciality drink/alcohol advantage on the dining plan at places that don't have them? That's a bummer. I really dont like soda and coffee at lunch in orlando seems unappealing. We will still probably go for the experience but it really looses a lot of the value to the 2018 dining plan.

The only park that doesn't have alcohol at QS is MK, so you're not really losing that much value. Several of the TS restaurants at MK do have alcohol, so perhaps you need to plan only TS at MK and save your QS for the other parks.

The only park that doesn't have alcohol at QS is MK, so you're not really losing that much value. Several of the TS restaurants at MK do have alcohol, so perhaps you need to plan only TS at MK and save your QS for the other parks.

Sounds good! That's the only day we are going to have lunch in MK(mom wants to experience BoG and husband has a love of Casey's) I guess we will sacrifice value for experience at one lunch. (But it hurts me to think of the milkshakes and margaritas I will be missing!) Has anyone eaten at Santuli canteen on the dining plan? Is the 22oz beer included or just the 16oz? Asking for a friend... :)

Question regarding Alcoholic Beverage - does this included Specialty Cocktails or is it limited to just beer and wine? Does it vary by restaurant? TIA

Question regarding Alcoholic Beverage - does this included Specialty Cocktails or is it limited to just beer and wine? Does it vary by restaurant? TIA

It varies. If you scroll down slightly, you'll see another sticky with ACTUAL experiences which will give you an idea of what's been allowed so far.

Sounds good! That's the only day we are going to have lunch in MK(mom wants to experience BoG and husband has a love of Casey's) I guess we will sacrifice value for experience at one lunch. (But it hurts me to think of the milkshakes and margaritas I will be missing!) Has anyone eaten at Santuli canteen on the dining plan? Is the 22oz beer included or just the 16oz? Asking for a friend... :)
I'm the friend. Replying because I also want to know.pirate:

Is it possible to upgrade ONE person in the room to the regular dining plan, and have the other remain at quick service level? Then the TS credits could be used for both to be able to get a few table meals, but mostly QS (I'd love to try Boma...).

Is it possible to upgrade ONE person in the room to the regular dining plan, and have the other remain at quick service level? Then the TS credits could be used for both to be able to get a few table meals, but mostly QS (I'd love to try Boma...).

No...all guests in the room have to be on the same dining plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!